samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Sam, who are these people.”

“My family Mark. You know Uncle George.”

“Who is he Auntie Sam?” Karen asked and everyone was looking at Sam.

“Uncle George is General George Hammond and he is my commanding officer and my Godfather.”

“Oh, and these other people” Sam smiled.

“Well, Janet is a friend of mine, she is a doctor and also works at the base, Cassie is her daughter who is also my God daughter.”

“Ok, and these men?”

“They are my team mates and best friends and they know it is your birthday but I swear I didn’t know about the flowers. They know that carnations are your favourite flower.”

“Ok, when you see them please thank them for me?”

“Sure, what is this?” she pointed to the parcel.

“Another present.”

“Open it up” Karen ripped open the parcel. There was a card on top and she opened it.

“It’s from your friends Auntie Sam” and then she giggled.

“What’s so funny?” Mark asked.

“Oh, there is a little message that says ‘Have a piece of cake on me, MMM cake’ and it has in brackets in Homer’s voice” Sam laughed then and covered her mouth.

“Sam?” Laura asked,

“That would be from Jack, Colonel O’Neill. You see he loves cake and the Simpson’s.”

“I love the Simpson’s to” Karen said smiling.

“Well then, you two will get on well together.”

“Great” then she unwrapped her present. On the top was a DVD and underneath it was a big photo in a frame.

“Auntie Sam” she showed her the DVD and Sam smiled.

“That would be from Colonel O’Neill; it is his favourite movie.”

“The Wizard of Oz?”

“Yes; have you seen the movie?”

“No”

“Well, now you can,” she said smiling.

“Cool, who are these people?” Sam saw the photo and she remembered that it was taken two weeks ago at Cassie’s birthday.

“This is Janet, Cassie, General Hammond, Daniel, Teal’c, Jonas and Jack” Sam pointed to each of them.

“Now, I know what they look like. You look happy in this photo Auntie.”

“Thanks, this photo was taken couple of weeks ago at Cassie’s eighteenth birthday party.”

“Wow, I wonder why they sent it to me?”

“Well, you know how my work is important?”

“Yes and that you go on heaps of missions.”

“Yes, these four here, Daniel, Teal’c, Jonas and Jack, they are my team mates; we look out for each other and we have always been there for one another. We are like family, that’s what happens to teams when they get to know one another over the years; you get to know what their likes and dislikes and habits, everything.”

“At least they are looking after you Auntie.”

“We look after each other.”

“I would like to meet them one day.”

“I’m sure they would like to meet you and the rest of the family as well” she looked over to where Mark was and he gave her a slight nod, agreeing with what Sam had just said.

“Cool, tell them thanks for me.”

“Don’t worry, I will” she kissed the top of Karen’s head and then stepped out of the way so others could give her their presents.

Half an hour later Sam gave her the gifts from her and Jacob. Sam got her an earring and necklace set; there were round amethyst stud earrings, with a matching pendent. Jacob got her the same stone but in a ring so she would have a matching set, all set in 14 caret gold. She loved them all and put them on and then she gave Sam a hug and thanked her. Then her phone rang,

“Carter”

“Hi, Sam”

“Dad, where are you?” she walked into the house and closed the door.

“At the SGC; I just dropped off an alien device for you to look at when you get back.”

“Oh, ok. While I have you on the phone, do you want to wish someone a Happy Birthday?”

“It’s today?”

“Yep, hang on” she pulled the phone away and she opened the door.

“Karen, do you want to talk to grand dad before he leaves?” Her eyes lit up and she ran inside and Sam passed her phone to her.

“Hi grand dad, I miss you.”

“Hi kiddo, happy birthday; did you get my gift?”

“Yeah I’m wearing it now, thank you. It’s a shame you’re not here for me to give you a big thank you hug.”

“I know and I can’t make any promises but I might be home for Thanksgiving” her face lit up again.

“That would be great. I hope you can make it”

“Same here sweet heart. Did you get plenty of presents?”

“Yep, I got heaps this year including from Auntie Sam’s team mates and friends” Jacob raised an eyebrow.

“Really? What did they give you?”

“There was a big photo of the group of them that was taken at Cassie’s birthday party a couple of weeks ago and a huge bunch of carnations. Auntie said that they are family and told me who was who and what they all mean to her.”

“That is a surprise; you know, I know them too.”

“Really, did you know Jack loves the Simpson’s?” Jacob laughed.

“Yes and cake too.”

“I know, Auntie told me. He also sent a DVD called The Wizard of Oz. I love the gifts and Auntie didn’t know about them.”

“I’ll bet. Look, I better go; you give the family a big hug and kiss from me will ya?”

“Sure, I love you grand dad.”

“I love you too Karen. Can I speak to Sam before I hang up?”

“Sure, bye” then she passed the phone to Sam and she walked out of the house with a big grin on her face.

“Is every thing ok dad?”

“Yeah, it was nice of Jack and the others to send Karen a birthday present”

“Yeah I know what you mean, at least she and Joan and Brian know about them and that they are my friends, family and they understand.”

“That’s good. Look I better go and I will see you next time I’m back.”

“Ok, take care.”

“I will, you take care of yourself as well.”

“You know I’m in good hands.”

“I know, bye.”

“Bye dad” then she hung up knowing that he would be having a talk with Jack and the others about the photo.