samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


She walked back outside and mingled with the guests for a while longer. Two hours later, the last of the guests were gone and the place was cleaned up. Sam had just gotten herself a cup of coffee when Pete walked into the kitchen.

“Hi”

“Hi”

Sam went and sat down at the breakfast bar to drink her coffee as the rest of the family were in bed for the night.

“Good party” Pete said.

“Yeah, Karen was happy with the gifts she received.”

“Yeah; you are good with kids.”

“Thanks, I know.”

“So, have you thought about the dinner?”

“No”

“Oh, would you like me to call you the next time I’m in Colorado Springs?”


“Listen, Pete I know what my brother is up to and the answer is no. I am sorry but my work is important and I haven’t got time to date.”

“Oh, he thought that we would get along well together.”

“I know that but it is just complicated and my work is classified. I work long hours and I am sorry. If you will excuse me, I’m going to bed, good night.”

“Yeah, good night.”

Sam got up and headed up stairs and into her room. She closed the door before getting changed and then she climbed into bed and opened her phone and pressed speed dial one.

“O’Neill” Sam smiled and relaxed.

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Sam, how was the party?”

“Good, whose idea was it for the photo and flowers?”

“Mine. Why, didn’t she like them and the DVD?” Sam smiled.

“Jack, she loves them. It was a wonderful surprise, thank you.”

“No problem, I suppose you told her about us?”

“Yes that you guys are family and friends and she would also like to meet you one day.”

“I’m sure she does.”

“One day that will happen.”

“I know.”

“How was your day?”

“Good, I kept my promise and Hammond was shocked to see that my paper work is up to date.”

Sam smiled, remembering the day before on the way to the airport. Jack promised to do all his paper work in exchange for the next time they both had time off and he asked her up to his cabin, she would go.

“That’s good and I’ll keep my promise as well.”

“Sweet; any more dreams?”

“Yes and it was a good dream.”

“Care to share?”

“When I get home tomorrow.”

“Ok, well I better let you get some beauty sleep.”

“Ok see you tomorrow afternoon”

“Ok, until then.”

“Ok, love you.”

“Love you too Sam” and they both hang up.

Sam put her phone on the bedside table and turned out the light before snuggling down for the night, dreaming about Jack.