samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


The next morning, after making passionate love, they finally got out of bed after ten. Sam went to her place for a couple of hours to do some housework, washing and gardening since it was a fine, warm day. She had just finished in the garden when Pete pulled up at the house.

“Pete, what are you doing here?”

“Hi Sam, can we talk?”

“About what?”

“I’m sorry about the other nightl I promise you, I won’t bring up your work again.”

“Pete, I’m sorry but it’s not going to work between us after what you said the other night, that was the last straw. Now, if you will excuse me I’ve got to get changes” Sam started to turn to go up her steps.

“Sam, please.”

“Sorry Pete” she walked inside and closed the door and locked it.

She moved away from the door and then he was up the steps and knocking on the door.

“Sam, please” not knowing she was against the wall next to the door. She heard his phone ring and he answered it.

Shanahan… Hey, what have you got for me?… Black ops…? Top secret government… Classified? So you can’t find out what Sam does then? Shit, it must be big whatever she does then; thanks for finding out for me, ok, bye.”

Then she saw him walk down the steps and get into his truck. She was still in shock over what she heard. She got out her cell phone and placed a call.

“This is Major Carter, I need to speak to General Hammond.”

“Yes ma’am”

“Hammond”

“It’s Major Carter sir, we might have a problem.”

“Major what is it?”

“Detective Shanahan has done a background check on me. I don’t know if he has had any done on any one else sir.”

“Are you sure Major?”

“Yes sir” she told Hammond about the phone call Pete received and what Pete said.

“Thanks for telling me this and I’ll look in to it. Is Jack with you?”

“No, he is at home and I’m at my place.”

“Ok; it is up to you if you want to tell him and your team.”

“Thanks sir” then they hung up.

Sam got changed and headed to the grocery story and then she headed to Jack’s place, not knowing that Pete was following her. When she arrived and had taken the bags out of the back seat, she locked her car and was walking up the steps to his front door when it opened and he stepped back to let her in. He then closed it and pulled back the blind and frowned.

“Sam, what sort of truck does Shanahan have?” Sam walked out from the kitchen and stood next to Jack.

“Why?”

“Have a look” and she did.

“What the hell is he playing at; he must have followed me from home” she turned to look at Jack who was looking at her.

“What; why didn’t you call me?”

“Jack calm down, I’m here aren’t I?”

“Yes”

“Good; when are the rest of the gang showing up” then they saw a car pull up, it was Janet and Cassie.

“Does that answer your question?”

“Smart ass.”

“Hey, watch it.”

He pulled her into his arms and gave her a kiss and they both moaned until they heard the knock on the door. They parted and Sam walked past him, slapping his backside as she walked into the kitchen smiling. Jack opened the door smiling.

“Hey, come on in” they walked in Janet first then Cassie. Cassie gave Jack a big hug in the doorway before he closed it.

“Hi ya Cassie, how’s school?”

“Boring” Jack laughed as they walked into the kitchen and then she gave Sam a hug.

“Hi Sam”

“Hi Cassie”

“How is Sarah?” Jack asked.

“Good; General Hammond gave her full clearance for every thing after she signed the papers. She and Daniel continued talking after General Hammond left.”

“That’s good, I think” Cassie giggled.

“She told me after I booted Daniel out last night so he could get something to eat, that she couldn’t believe that what Daniel had been saying for years was true; about aliens and now she wants to help us anyway she can.”

“That’s good to hear” Sam said passing both Janet and Cassie a soda each.

“When is she due to be released?”

“She was released this morning and Daniel has been showing her around the base and his lab.”

“I know; he called me and asked if it was ok for her to come tonight. I said it was, so he will be bringing her around. I better give him a call, we all know what he is like.”

“True” Sam, said and then they heard a car pull up and Jack went to check it out.