samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


They were giving him a hard time when he almost burned the steaks. When they were cooked and the corn on the cob was ready, they all sat out side, around the big table, enjoying their dinner. Sam had brought three different salads to go with the steaks. During their dinner Hammond decided to ask Jack about his reports.

“Jack, can I ask you about your reports?”

“What about them sir?”

“Well, you know that I have been asking you about your over due reports and then you show up the other day with all of them complete, care to explain?”

“No”

“I can sir” Sam said grinning.

“Sam!”

“Jack!” they looked at each other.

“Sam, you bribed Jack, didn’t you” Cassie asked, grinning.

“Yes”

“What was the bribe?” Janet asked.

“If he did all of his reports and handed them in and the next time we had five or more days off, I would go up to his cabin” they all laughed, including Hammond.

“Good job, Major.”

“Thanks sir” and she blushed.

After dinner when it started getting dark, they cleaned up and headed inside where they enjoyed the cakes that were brought and then after cake they had either coffee or hot chocolate. While in the kitchen, Sam’s cell phone rang, so she went into Jack’s bedroom to answer it while Jack took care of the drinks.

“Carter”

“Sam, its Mark.”

“Hi Mark what’s up?”

“I got a call from Pete.”

“Oh, what did he say?” she sat on Jack bed.

“Well, he told me that you broke it off with him.”

“Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about Mark?”

“That is what I would like to know; from what he told me everything was going great between you two.”

“Mark, we only went out to dinner three times.”

“What? Only three times? So there was nothing else?”

“No Mark, not even a kiss.”

“Oh, sorry”

“Mark, what did he say?”

“That you are beautiful and that he wanted to marry you” Sam’s eyes widened.

“You’re joking?”

“No; from what he had been telling me, I thought it was serous between you two.”

“Mark, it’s not and I’m not going to see him again.”

“Sam, what happened?”

“He wanted to know what I do in the Air Force. When I told him that it was classified, he had a friend of his do a background check on me and he has been following me too. He showed up at Colonel O’Neill house tonight. Our team always gets together on Saturday nights for barbecue, or pizza or Chinese food and drinks and either watch a movie or two or play games. We have been doing it for seven years.”

“Why do you guys get together at Colonel O’Neill house and not at someone else’s home?”

“More bedrooms and the Colonel is the only one who has a barbecue.”

“Ah, I understand. Sorry if I called and interrupted your team night.” Sam smiled.

“That’s ok Mark, you weren’t to know.”

“Sam, I’m sorry for introducing you to Pete.”

“Hey, it ok. Don’t worry about it.”

“Ok. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?”

“Well, hopefully I’ll be home for it and I’ll be in my new home by then.”

“What new home?”

“Well, I came into some money. Some of it I put away for when I retire and some of it has gone onto my new home here.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m building a house Mark; a nice big house and if all goes well, I’ll be moving in the first week of November. If everything works out, how about you guys come here for it and I’ll see if Dad can make it also.”

“Sam, that sounds fantastic. We will talk about it when the times gets closer, ok?”

“Ok, I’ll call you in a few weeks. I better go, just in case my friends are looking for me.”

“Ok, take care Sam.”

“I will Mark, bye.”

“Bye Sam.”

They hung up and then Sam went to use the master bathroom to relieve herself before going to see what the others were up to. When she walked back into the living room, Jack passed her drink.

“Every thing ok?” He asked, as Sam sat down.

“Yeah, it was Mark on the phone. Pete called him and so he called me to get my side of the story.”

“And?”

“Everything is sorted out I told him about what Pete did and he was not happy with him. I know that Mark will put family first and he knows if I am lying.”

“Have you lied to Mark before Sam?” Cassie asked.

“Yes, when I told him I worked in Deep Space Radar Telemetry. He just looked at me and said ‘come on Sammie, I know you’re lying,’ so I told him that it was classified and he nodded, knowing that I couldn’t tell him and he understands.”

“That’s good to know” Hammond said.