samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


They sat talking for another hour before everyone left for the night. SG1 had the weekend off after what they had been through. Sam spent the night at Jack’s place and the next day they went to play mini putt putt with their friends, except for Janet who was on duty at the hospital. They all had a good time and afterwards they had some lunch in town.

“After lunch, I want you guys to follow us. There is something we want to show you” Sam said.

She and Jack had talked about telling the others about the house, so they decided to show them after lunch.

“Sam, what’s going on?” Cassie asked.

“You will find out.”

After lunch Cassie went with Jack and Sam in his truck while the four others were in Daniel’s SUV truck. They followed Jack for twenty minutes until he stopped. Jack and Sam got out of the truck and the others did as well and followed them across the road to where a house was going to be built. They could tell it was a two-story home from the drawing boards so that other people could see what sort of house it was going to be when it was finished.

“Sam, what’s going on?” Daniel asked.

“This is going to be my new home when it’s finished and, one day, it will be our home” she said as she wrapped her arms around Jack, smiling.

“How big is the property Sam?” Jonas asked.

“See the brown fence?”

“Yes”

“That is the boundary’ there are just over two acres.”

“Wow, how can you afford a place like this on Air Force pay?”

“I came into some money last year and that is all you need to know.”

“Ok, when do you think it will be finished?”

“The end of October.”

“Wow, so Thanksgiving is at your place then?”

“If all goes well, yes it is.”

“Good, I can hardly wait. So, now what?” Daniel asked.

“Ten pin bowling any one?” Jack asked and they all agreed.

They got back in their trucks and headed to the bowling alley and played for two hours, with Sam winning the game. Afterwards they went to the park for a walk before parting. Jack and Sam dropped Cassie off at home before they left for his house. That evening Sam left Jack’s place for her own home for the night.

********************************************************

Three months later all teams were back on Earth for the 4th of July celebrations. Sarah, who had moved into Daniel’s house and had started work at the SGC, SG1, Janet and Cassie, went to the park to see the fire works while having hotdogs and sodas.

They took blankets with them and found a good spot for them all on a hillside. Sam and Jack were sitting next to one another flirting all the time, even though he would love to have her sitting between his legs and with his arms wrapped around her. Daniel and Janet’s friendship had changed; they had been going out together for a while now and they had been caught by members of SG1 kissing, either in his office or hers. Jonas and Sarah had started to become close during the past week, which made their friends happy for them also.

They enjoyed the fire works and each other’s company that evening. They ran into some of the other SG team members and other base personnel with their families who stopped to speak to them for a few minutes, before moving to a viewing area to watch the show.

Two weeks later Sam saved one of the teams because of a dream. They were due to go off world and she managed to get to the control room just as they started up the ramp.

“Shut the gate down” Sam yelled out as she climbed the steps.

“Do it” Hammond said.

Walter quickly shut the gate down and the team stopped and turned to look at Hammond and he was looking at Sam.

“Major?” they went over to the corner.

“Sir, it’s a trap.”

“Dream?”

“Yes sir, the natives aren’t friendly, they are…” she swallowed.

“What”

“Cannibals sir; I saw them been killed and…” she stopped there while watching Hammond. He understood what she was trying to say.

“I understand. Are you ok?” He noticed she looked a bit pale.

“Yes sir; I tried to call you but whoever is on switch board needs to have their ears cleaned out sir.”

“I’ll find out, good work Major.”

“Thank you sir, permission to leave. The others will be waiting for me at the coffee shop” he smiled.

“Of course, dismissed.”

“Thank you sir.”

Then Sam left the control room and headed to the elevators for the surface. Hammond went down to the gate room to let the SG team know that the mission had been scrubbed and the address was being locked out of the computer dialling system.
*