samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


When Sam finally arrived at the coffeehouse and she had gotten her coffee, she went and joined the others. Jack got up and gave her a hug and a kiss.

“Sam, are you ok?”

“Bad nightmare” and they sat down.

“What happened.”

“I saw SG 11 gate to PYX351 after the UAV found a village two clicks north of the gate. The natives weren’t friendly, they were cannibals and they killed the team and…” she left it like that as tears started running down her cheeks. Jack put an arm around her as she leaned against him.

“I tried to call General Hammond but the person on the switchboard didn’t patch me through, so I tried again. I still couldn’t reach him, so I drove to the SGC. I just made it to the control room as the team was walking up the ramp. I yelled out to shut the gate down and Walter did. It was a close call. I spoke to General Hammond and told him what would have happened if they went through and he understood. He is also going to find out who was on the switchboard and deal with them.”

“Well, at least you saved the team Sam.”

“Yeah I know but the thing is I’ve noticed a lot of whispers about me at work. I was headed to the ladies room yesterday and there were some women talking about me. They were wondering if I was losing it. They said that whenever a team is off world or was just about to go off world I have the mission cancelled.”

“Well, we better talk to Hammond and see what he says.”

“Ok”

They talked about other things for the next half-hour before heading to the SGC. Once changed, Sam and Jack headed to Hammond’s office. They entered the office, closed the door and sat down. Hammond was on the phone. Once he finished the call and hung up, he looked at his two best officers.

“I’ve spoken to the person who was in charge of the switchboard and they are going to deal with the person themselves and report back to me.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Now, what can I do for you two?”

“Sir, there have been a lot of whispers going around about me and what has been happening in the past year. They think that I’m losing it; with you cancelling missions and calling teams back without giving them a reason.”

“I see. Well, Major the choice is yours whether or not you want to tell the personnel.”

“I know sir.”

“If that is all, you are dismissed until the briefing.”

“Yes sir” they left his office and headed to the mess hall to grab some thing to eat and join the others.

“What did General Hammond say?” Jonas asked.

“It’s up to me whether or not to tell the rest of the base personnel about my dreams.”

“You’re worried that the NID will find out if there is a snitch on the base?” Daniel said.

“Yes, I don’t know what to do.”

“I’m sure you will think of something Sam” Sarah said.

“Thanks” they all continued to eat quietly after that and then SG1 headed to the briefing room for their briefing.

An hour later they stepped through the gate on to a planet where the UAV had spotted some ruins not far from the gate. They walked quietly with a FRED to the ruins. Jonas and Daniel started checking out the ruins while Jack and Teal’c checked the area out and Sam started collecting soil, plants and water samples.

When Jack and Teal’c returned, they started setting up their camp for the night. They took turns standing watch during the night. Sam went first, and then Jonas, Daniel, Teal’c and Jack took the last.