samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


An hour later, two members of SG13 were just about to walk through the gate when Hammond ordered them all back. By the time Jack and Sam showed up, the gate was shutting down.

“Briefing room” Hammond said, so they walked up the stairs to the briefing room to talk.

“I’ve ordered SG13 back; they have the probe.”

“I hope they make it back on time sir” Sam said

“I hope so too Major, all we can do is wait.”

“Yes sir.”

“How did the interview go?”

“Something’s not right sir.”

“What do you mean Sam?” Jack asked.

“The questions he was asking me; there were more personal questions than professional and were mainly about you two and my relationship with Jack. I think Senator Kinsey is up to something but I can imagine what.

“Daniel told me the same thing. That the guy had been asking questions about the three of us, about how things are running here, you have to wonder.”

“I agree, something doesn’t sit right.”

“Well, l might as well find out what the guy is up to since he has been looking for me.”

“Jack, be careful” Jack smiled.

“You know me sir” then he left Hammond and Sam alone.

“Think he is going fishing sir?”

“Major?”

“Well, he is going to bait the reporter and find out if Kinsey is up to something.”

“Is that why there are no fish in his lake” Sam laughed.

“Yes, if he can’t catch a bass why not a Kinsey?” Hammond chuckled.

“Your right, he is going to have fun fishing.”

“True; I better go back to the control room. SG13 should be back in a few minutes, as long as the Jaffa is not on their tails.”

“Ok, call me if there is a problem.”

“Yes sir”

Sam headed back downstairs to the control room to do some updates on the program. She had just finished when the gate started spinning and then the alarms went off.

“Off world activation, General Hammond to the control room” Walter said over the PA system.

When the wormhole was formed and the iris was closed, Hammond arrived in the control room.

“What have we got?”

“Getting a signal; it’s SG13 sir.”

“Open the iris.”

Sam put her hand on the scanner and the iris opened and then the four men came running through with the probe.

“Close the iris” the Colonel Dixon yelled out and then the iris closed. They all heard a thud against the iris and then the gate shut down. Hammond and Sam went down to see them.

“Colonel Dixon?”

“I’m glad you ordered us back when you did sir.”

“Why, what happened?”

“We were five minutes out when we saw dozens of death gliders, so we ran back and dialled home. I sent my team first when I saw hundreds of Jaffa headed towards us. I ran up the steps and through the gate at the last minute, they were close sir.”

“Ok, we will debrief in an hour.”

“Yes sir.”

“I would like to take a look at this probe sir” Sam stated, looking it over as soon as they set it down.

“Granted, dismissed.”

“Can you guys take it to my lab?”

“Sure thing Major.”

“Thanks” then they left the gate room. Sam followed two of the team members to her lab and had them put the device on her workbench before leaving her with it. She knew what to do, since she remembered what she did in her dream. While she was working on the device Daniel walked in to see what she was doing.

“Hey, is this the probe?”

“Yep”

“Ok” He watched as she worked on it and he saw Goa’uld writing and he started reading it.

“This is where it encountered SG13; it sent a signal to the mother ship that was in orbit.”

“Does it say who the Goa’uld is?”

“Ah, lets see” he read a bit more of it and shook his head.

“Nope nothing, ahh… hang on” he read a bit more.

“Ba’al.”

“Ba’al?” Sam looked at him.

“Yes, Ba’al’ he must have been after something on the planet.”

“But, there were only ruins.”

“Perhaps the Captain might have taped some of the ruins and writings.”

Then Daniel left the room in a hurry. Sam carried on working for another three hours and then Jack walked in.

“Hey” Sam looked up and smiled.

“Hey, how was the interview?”

“Well, you were right; he was asking a lot of personal questions.”

“What did you tell him?”

“I asked him straight out why he was here. He told me that the government wanted a special documentary done, just in case the Stargate program went public. I asked him why he was asking so many personal questions about Hammond, you and me. He just gave me a load of crap and I knew he was lying. When he left for the men’s room, I spoke to the two guys with him. Kinsey is behind it; he is trying to find a weak spot but they didn’t know what was going on when they took the job. They did tell me, just before the reporter came back, that they over heard Kinsey and the reporter talking about the three of us.”

“Have you told General Hammond?”

“Yeah, I just came from his office and he is not happy about it.”

“I’ll bet he wasn’t.”

“Shall we head home?” Sam smiled.

“I’ve got an idea, come with me.”


They left the lab after Sam turned everything off and they went to see Hammond, who was on the phone at the time. When he was finished with his call, he looked at them.

“I’ve spoken to the Joint Chief and he knew nothing about this so called documentary but he thinks it is a good idea. We will need someone who can actually do a proper, unbiased documentary.”

“Sir, we can use the two guys who are working for this reporter and get some one else in who could do a proper job” Sam said.

“Any ideas who? Don’t forget the security about this program Major?” Sam smiled.

“Julia Donovan. After all, she knows about the Stargate and the Prometheus.”

“Good idea; I’ll make some phone calls and I will talk to you both in the morning.”

“Yes sir.”

“Dismissed.”

They left his office and headed to the locker room. Once they were changed, they left for the evening.