samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


One month later Sam’s nine bedrooms and eleven bathrooms two story log home was complete and it passed inspection and she could now put her house up for sale. The master bedroom was four times bigger than her old bedroom, with two huge walk in closets and the bathroom was also four times bigger than her old one.

There was a big walk in shower that could fit the whole team and a Jacuzzi Roman tub that could fit both Jack and Sam in it and still have plenty of room. There was a huge mirror and his and her hand basins. The other bedrooms were half the size of the master and the same with the bathrooms, with only one sink. All the walls were done in the same treated timbers and it was the same with the logs on the exterior of the house.

Sam’s kitchen was about eight times bigger than Jacks, with a triple wall oven and an eight burner stove top, on a center island, that would come in handy for the holidays when she had her family and friends around. There was even a breakfast bar that could seat ten people and a small dining area, just off the kitchen, where a table and ten chairs could fit. There was a small powder room next to the kitchen. The kitchen door opened into a mud room, with a deep sink and an adjoining laundry room. The dining room was the size of her old dining and living room combined, with built in china cabinets. There was a butler’s pantry between the kitchen and dining room, for holding more china, glassware, silverware and serving pieces.

Her living room was three times the size of Jack living room, with a large 2 sided fireplace and the family room was five times that size. The game room was six times bigger than Jack’s living room. It had a big screen TV against one wall and leather lazy boy chairs and sofa’s arranged to form a home picture theatre with cup holders, surround sound and a popcorn machine.

There was even a dartboard on one wall and a pool table. A wet bar, with a beer fridge underneath it and a half bath next door. There was also central heating/air conditioning, two gas fireplaces and ceiling fans for the summer months. There was a surround patio on both sides of the house, with a barbecue and eating area, a swimming pool and a triple garage.

When Sam and Jack were on down time and the weather was fine, he helped her plant trees and bushes around the boundary of her lot, while the builders were working on the house. Sam showed her friends around the big house and they were all stunned when they saw the size of the rooms.

“Well, what do you think guys?”

“Wow, it’s huge. At least we know where we are coming for those summer barbeques” Cassie said grinning.

“Sam, what are you going to do about your furniture?” Janet asked.

“I’m keeping most of it and I’m getting rid of the rest. I will be buying new furniture such as beds, dressers, a dining room set, living room furniture and things like that” Sam showed then upstairs first before showing them the downstairs.

“Sam, if one of us has to go to the bathroom do we have to walk up stairs for it?” Jonas asked.

“Nope” Sam showed them the kitchen and dining area and then she walked down a hallway and opened the door to show them the powder room, with a toilet and hand basin.

“Is this what you wanted to know because there is another one in the games room as well.”

“You sure have everything planned here Sam” Janet said.

“Yep, I have everything covered” they walked through the house and she showed them the games room.

“Cool, a pool table” Cassie said.

“Of course” Sam said, smiling as they looked around and could see how happy Sam was.

“Sam what about home security?” Daniel asked.

“Come here and I’ll show you” they walked to the bottom of the staircase and she opened up a small door in the wall and smiled.

“That looks like an Asgard stone?” Jonas said.

“It is; there is one here, three on the outside of the house, one each in the family room, games room and two up stairs. They are to activate the shield but it will only recognise certain DNA and you can see there are two lights, red and green and you can see that it is red right now.”

“But when, how?” Janet asked.

“About two months ago, when the Asgard asked me for one of my dumb ideas, which worked by the way. They asked if there was any thing they could do for me as a thank you and I said there was. After telling them about my idea, they agreed to install it for me last week. You guys can also activate it and Dad and General Hammond.”

“What happens if some one tries to break in?” Cassie asked and Sam smiled.

“Well, they will get knocked out and the stones will send a signal to General Hammond, who carries one of the white stones in his top pocket. It will glow so then he will know that some one tried to break in and if you will come over here I’ll show you something else” they walked outside.

“See, in that corner up there, that small black dot?” Sam pointed.

“Yes, what is it?”

“It is a security camera, which is connected to the SGC. I’ve gotten General Hammond’s permission, so long as it doesn’t interfere with our other computer systems; I have rigged it up to my own personal laptop which I keep in my lab when I’m on the base. When I’m off world, it’s in General Hammond’s office.”

“You sure have got everything covered Sam.”

“I have, so lunch?” they all agreed.

“I’ll be moving in next month so I was thinking about having a Thanksgiving house warming party; what do you guys think?” Sam asked as they walk outside and Sam activated the shield.

“Sounds like a great idea Sam” Janet said.

“Good, we can talk about it over lunch” they left to head into town for some lunch and to talk about helping Sam move in.