samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Jack meets Mark and his family, feed back, yes please


They heard a truck pull up so they went back inside to see who was coming.

“Honey, I’m home.”

They walked into the kitchen just as Jack came in with four bags and he put them on the kitchen island.

“Hi, where’s Sam?”

“She was called back to work; you must be Colonel O’Neill.”

“Yes, you must be Mark, Laura, Karen, Joan and Brian” Jack shook Mark and Laura’s hands.

“Yes; why did you say honey, I’m home?”

“Ah, I just say that to annoy her. After all she annoys me with her Techno babble” causing Karen and Joan to giggle.

“Oy, another bunch of giggling Carters. You know, I’ve been trying for seven years to get your Auntie to stop giggling” he winked at the girls.

“You’re funny Colonel O’Neill.”

“Call me Jack; after all you’re too young to be in the Air Force.” This caused the girls to giggle once again. Jack started putting everything away.

“I see Sam hasn’t shown you to your rooms?” when he saw their bags by the stairs.

“No, we had just arrived when she was called back to work. Why would they call her back if she has the time off?”

“The only reason I can think of is that one of those egghead scientists screwed up Sam’s computer programs again. They never listen those guys.”

“Computer programs; why not get someone else to fix it?”

“Because they are Sam’s programs. She knows more about them; hell, they are her programs and trying to explain them to a bunch of, well, drooling eggheads is not easy, if you get my meaning.”

“No, what do you mean?”

“I’ll tell you later, not in front of the kids.”

“Ok”

“I’ll show you your rooms. Sam told me who goes where, just in case she was called back to work.”

“Ok, thanks.”

They followed Jack up the staircase after picking up their bags. He opened each door to let them know who had what room. They were all surprised when they saw the size of the rooms he was assigning them. Mark and Laura were last and while the kids were checking out their rooms, Jack closed the door so the kids wouldn’t hear them.

“The reason I didn’t want the kids to hear what I was going to say is because they are young.”

“Ok, what is it that you couldn’t say in front of the kids?”

“Most of the scientists on the base have got the hots for Sam and they are always trying to get her attention. Every time they hear her talking they start day dreaming about her being naked and not listening to what she is saying. Hell, half of the single males on the base have the hots for Sam. Every time she walks past an airman I notice he re-arranges crotch; everyone from airmen up to Colonel have the hots for Sam. I’ve heard the men talking either in the showers, locker rooms and even the toilets about her.”

“You’re joking?”

“Nope, ask Jacob; he has seen it too.”

“Wow, no wonder you didn’t want the kids to know. How about you, Jack?”

“Me; Sam is my 2IC and there are the regs.”

“Do you love Sam?”

“Yes, I do love her and she knows it” they looked into each other’s eyes and Mark nodded.

“Dad, Mom, where are you?” Karen yelled from outside and Jack went and opened the door.

“In here kids” Jack called out and then they appeared in the doorway.

“Hey, this room is like ours” Joan said.

“It is but this bed is a queen size where yours are all doubles.”

“What about Auntie Sam’s bed? How big is it?”

“Well, why don’t I show you?”

“Are you sure Jack?” Mark said as they walked towards Sam’s room.

“Yes, she told me that she was going to show you herself.”

Jack opened up the door and walked in to the room and the family walked in behind him and were shocked at the size of the room.

“This is huge,” Karen said.

“Wow, Sam sure doesn’t think small” Mark said.

“Well, there you go” Jack noticed that Karen had opened the door to the bathroom.

“Wow, this is huge” they all looked in the bathroom.

“Sam sure has great taste” Mark said.

“Yes she has. Come on and let me show you around downstairs. Then I’ll get dinner on if Sam isn’t back in time.”

They walked out Sam’s room and went downstairs. Jack showed them the rest of the house and he saved the games room till last.

“Cool, a pool table.”

“Yep, Sam said she wanted to have one so we all can play” then Jack’s phone rang the Simpson theme and he answered it.