samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Sam moved to the fridge to put everything away and Jacob put the bags up on the island before giving Mark a hug.

“Hi son.”

“Hi Dad, I’m pleased you made it.”

“Same here and as for Jack hurting Sam, you don’t need to worry about that.”

“Ok”

They turned to see Jack and Sam kissing. Jacob and Mark watched them, smiling.

“Sam, are you happy?” Mark asked.

“Yes Mark, I’m truly happy” Jack and Sam were still in one another’s arms.

“So Dad, how was the long trip,” Jack asked grinning.

“It went very quickly” they all laughed.

“I’ll show dad his room.”

“Ok dinner will be ready soon.”

“Ok” they kissed before Sam showed Jacob his room and the rest of the house. Ten minutes later Jack called out “dinners ready, come and get it.”

Everyone came into the kitchen and the kids gave Jacob hugs and kisses. Karen thanked him for her birthday present which she was wearing. They all sat down and enjoyed dinner, laughing and joking as a happy family.

“Jacob, what do you think of the house?”

“Big” they all laughed.

“It’s beautiful, Sam. You sure do have great taste.”

“That’s what Mark said when he saw the place.”

“Dad, you haven’t been here before?”

“No, this is my first time.”

“Oh”

“Jack, can I ask you a question?” Karen asked.

“Sure, ask away.”

“Are you going to marry Auntie Sam?” everybody went quiet; they were all looking at Jack and waiting for an answer.

“Why do you ask Karen?”

“Well, when she came for my birthday and before I forget, thank you for the flowers and presents.”

“That’s ok; you were saying.”

“Oh yeah; she talked about you a lot while at home and every time she talks about you, she smiles like she is in love. Do you love her?”

“Yes, I do love your Auntie Sam. As for marrying her, I will one day but we can’t because of the regs.”

“That sucks, but Auntie Sam told us kids why so we could under stand.”

“Well, there you go.”

“Are you two sleeping together?” Joan asked.

“Joan!” both Mark and Laura said at the same time.

“Sorry” and then she started to cry.

“Joan, come here” she got down from her chair and walked around to where Jack was. He moved his chair so he could put her on his knee.

“Hey it ok, you are just like your Auntie Sam, curious” she looked up and looked at Jack, who wiped her tears away.

“I’m sorry” Jack hugged her.

“Hey, it ok. Anyway, since you are all here Sam and I did talk about that and to answer your question, the answer is yes. Some nights she comes and sleeps at my place and sometime’s I sleep here. Only a few people know about it because if our big bosses or other people find out we would be in big trouble, so that is why it is a secret.”

“Ok, I’m good at keeping secrets.”

“I’ll bet you are.” he hugged her again.

“I bet you I can make you laugh.”

“Nope, you can’t make me laugh.”

“Oh yeah” then he started tickling her which made her laugh and then he stopped.

“See, told ya I could.” she was smiling by then and she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a hug.

“Jack, can I call you Uncle Jack” He looked at her and then around the room before looking at her once again.

“Well, it is up to your parents.”

“It is up to you Jack” Mark said and he turned to look at Sam, who was smiling.

“What do you think, Sam.”

“It’s fine by me but it is up to you.”

“Hmm, Jacob” he looked at him and noticed he must be having a chat with Selmac.

“Well son, as you are almost a part of the family, its ok with me.”

“Well, it seems that I’ve got the ok from you guys; so ok, you can call me Uncle Jack” he said smiling.

“Thank you” they hugged each other.

“Now go and finish you’re dinner or no dessert” and the kids eyes lit up.

“What are we having Uncle jack?” Brian asked.

“Food” and they all laughed.

Joan got down and walked back to her chair and they all finish their dinner. Then Jack went to the cupboard to get plates and spoons out. He passed them to Sam, with a grin on his face and then he went to the fridge and got out two chocolate and caramel cheese cakes. He cut them up and then he got the cookies and cream ice cream out and passed Sam the ice cream scoop and ice cream.

She smiled when she saw that he bought one of her favourite ice creams. She put them on the table and sat down when Jack came in with the cheesecakes. The kids’ eyes lit up like Christmas trees when they saw the cheesecakes and licked their lips. Half an hour later and they all sat back and relaxed after eating both cheesecakes and two quarts of ice cream.

Sam got up and put the kettle on for hot drinks for everyone and also turned the thermostat up since it was getting cold at night. Once everyone had their drinks she put the dishes in the dishwashers and started them up before joining the rest of the family in the living room.

She sat next to Jack on the two- seater and he put his arm around her as she snuggled up to his side, drinking her drink. They talked for an hour before the kids were sent to bed for the night. They then went into the game room to play a couple of games of pool before turning in for the night. Jack stayed the night in Sam’s room since some of his clothes were there.