samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


The next day was full for Jack and Sam. Jack got breakfast going for everyone while Sam started getting everything done for Thanksgiving. She put the three stuffed turkeys into the three ovens since they would take the longest to cook and then started making the pumpkin pies and getting the vegetables ready for the top of the stove and oven. Jack had just finished cooking breakfast when the family came down the stairs.

“Morning campers, I hope you are all hungry this morning” Jack said, grinning when they all said their good mornings.

When Jack had heard them coming down the stairs, he quickly made Jacob a cup of tea, Mark and Laura coffee and poured the kids orange juice. They all sat at the breakfast bar while Jack dished up eggs with breakfast sausages and bacon, with a plate full of toast with butter, strawberry, plum and apricot jams and honey for their toast.

When Sam finished doing the vegetables, Jack made her sit down next to him and they started eating their breakfast. When finished they all sat and talked while Jack and Sam cleaned up the breakfast dishes. Jack left for his place to get some DVD’s for the kids to watch and he returned half an hour later with a bag full of them. After they made a choice of a movie together he put it on and left them to it. When he returned back to the kitchen Sam was putting the pies in the oven.

They talk for a while before Jack challenged Mark to a game of pool and they left for the game room. Laura and Jacob decided to keep an eye on them, leaving Sam getting things ready for dinner. While every thing was cooking nicely she went into the dining room and started getting the table set.

Once she finished setting the table, she went to get the pies out of the oven and put them in the warming drawer and then she put the roast potatoes and sweet potatoes in two of the ovens before she went to check on every one. The kids were enjoying the movie and then she went to check on the adults. There was lots of laughter coming from the room. She walked in to see who was winning.

“Hey, who is winning?”

“It’s a tie,” Jacob said

“Ah, ok” Sam watched for a couple of minutes until the door bell rang and she went to answer it.

“What tune is that?” Jacob asked.

“MacGyver.”

“Ah” then Janet and Cassie walked into the room.

“Jacob” Cassie said grinning; she walked over to him and gave him a hug.

“Hi Cassie, how is school?”

“Boring”

“That bad?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah”

“Hi Jacob, Jack.”

“Hi Janet, Happy Thanksgiving” Jacob said.

“You to”

“Janet, Cassie, this is Mark and Laura Carter, this is Dr Janet Fraser and her daughter Cassie.”

”Hi, nice to meet friends of Sam’s. I have heard a lot of stories about you two from Sam” Laura said, shaking their hands.

“All good I hope” Cassie said, after giving Jack a hug.

“Yes, she told us about your parent been killed; that must have been terrible for you.”

“It was but now I’ve been given a second chance at happiness, surrounded by lots of Uncles and Aunties and love.”

“That’s good to here. It’s nice to meet you Dr Fraiser.” Laura said.

“Please, call me Janet.”

“Sorry Janet, Sam tells us that Jack here is your worse patient” Cassie and Janet laughed.

“Yes he is and he doesn’t like it when it comes to his injections.”

“What do you expect, with those big honking needles. She is dangerous with them.”

“Well, then you are just a big baby Colonel” causing everyone else to laugh.

“Are they always like this?” Mark asked.

“Yep” Cassie said and then the door bell rang.

“That must be the rest of the group” Jack said.

Sam opened the door to Daniel, Sarah, Teal’c and Jonas. Jack introduced them to Mark and Laura. They talk for a few minutes before Sarah, Cassie, Janet and Laura left the men to talk among themselves and they went to see if Sam needed any help. While they were talking, the phone rang.

“Carter”

“Sam it’s Pete, can we talk” she hung up.

“Sam, what is it.”

“Nothing, wrong number” then the phone rang again, making Sam jump they all noticed. Cassie answered the phone.

“Hello”

“Cassie, it’s General Hammond, is Sam there?”

“Sure” she pulled the phone away.

“Sam, it’s General Hammond” and she passed the phone to Sam. She had relaxed when she heard who it was on the phone.

“Hello sir, is every thing ok?”

“Yes, well no. I don’t want to intrude but I was wondering if we could come around for dinner. Everything is almost cooked but some drunk driver hit and smashed a power pole down the road and we have no power.”

“Sir, how many are there at your place?”

“Nine of us; so is it ok? I mean…” Sam smiled.

“Of course you’re welcome; bring the food with you and the family.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am sure; you know my door is always open.”

“Thanks Sam.”

“Ok, we will see you when you get here.”

“Ok, see you soon” and they both hung up. She turned around and looked at the women.

“We have nine more coming for dinner.”

“Sam?”

“Apparently some drunk driver smashed into a power pole down the road from General Hammond’s place, cutting power off in the area. He knew that he is always welcome here, so they are coming; him and his family. He said everything was almost cooked when the power went out.”

“Ok, what can we do?”

“There are plates and cutlery in the china cabinets and I better put more drinks into the fridge.”

“We can do that for you. You have been on the go all morning” Laura said.

“Thanks, I’ll go and tell the men and I’ll be right back.”

She left them to get things set up; she could hear laughter coming from the game room and when she walked in Jack spotted her and smiled, which she returned.