samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please, sorry i couldn't up date yesterday, had to take hubby to hospital to have a black mole remove off his back


“Hey, is every thing ok?”

“Yes, what are you laughing about?”

“Jacob and Mark were telling us stories about when you were younger,” Jonas said.

“Dad, Mark you didn’t?” they both were grinning.

“Great; anyway we have nine more coming for dinner.”

“Who?”

“General Hammond and his family.”

“Oh, why did he call?”

“He knows my door is always open and apparently some drunk driver smashed into a power pole and cut power in their area. He called to see if it was ok to come here. Their dinner was almost ready when the power went out so they are coming here.”

“Ok, that was good of you Sam” Jacob said.

“After all, we are all family.”

“True”

“I’ll leave you men alone and no more stories Dad, Mark” they just grinned and Sam shook her head and left them alone.

She returned to her kitchen to check on everything and help finish putting everything on the dining table as well as talking. Once the table was set, they returned to the kitchen where Sam checked on the turkeys and vegetables. Then she put another roasting dish into the oven full of yams and onions. She turned the stove on under the pot of sliced carrots and peas which she had prepped early that morning.

“Sam, who was it on the phone before and don’t say a wrong number.” Janet asked.

She looked at the three women in front of her.

“It was Pete.”

She didn’t know that Jack was going to get a package of snacks out of the cupboard. He stopped when he heard what they were talking about.

“Sam, how long has he been calling you?” Laura asked.

“Two or three times week; he normally gets my answering machine.”

“Does Jack know about this?”

“No” she said quietly.

“Why wouldn’t you tell me Sam” making them all jump, as he was around the corner as he asked the question.

“I am sorry Jack; I just wanted him to leave me alone. I tried telling him to stop calling me but he keeps calling. I’m sorry for not telling you.” He walked over to her while looking into her eyes.

“Come here” she went into his arms and they hugged.

“I’m sorry.”

“Shh it’s ok; does he know that you live here now?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Good, don’t worry about it, ok?”

“Ok” when they pulled apart they were looking into each other eyes and they kisses.

“Better”

“Yes”

“Good” they kissed and hugged again.

“Next time he calls let me know, ok?”

“Ok”

“Good, no more secrets.”

“No more; I hope Dad and Mark haven’t told you any more stories about me” He just grinned and Sam knew they had. She groaned and put her head on his chest.

“What? Jacob and Mark are telling stories about Sam here? Darn, I’m missing out on all the good stuff” Cassie said.

“Just ask Daniel, Teal’c or Jonas.”

“Oh I will, I will” Cassie said grinning.

“Anyway, I just came to get some snacks since dinner is how far off?”

“It will be about half an hour depending on the Hammond’s food.”

“Ok thanks. Well, I’m sure we all can wait until then.”

“I’m sure you can.”

“I better leave you lovely ladies alone” he gave Sam a kiss before walking out of the room.

They talked for about fifteen minutes when the door bell rang and Sam went to answer it. She smiled when she saw General Hammond.

“Thanks for having us around Sam.”

“No problems sir, come on in” they walked in and kicked their shoes off before following Sam into the kitchen.

“Wow” every one said when they saw the size of it

“Sam, when you said you place was big you weren’t kidding” Sam smiled.

“Here, let’s get these foods sorted out and I’ll give you all the grand tour.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, sir.”

“Sam, since it is the holidays let’s drop the ranks for today.”

“Ok Uncle George.”

“That’s better.” George introduced his family to the ladies there while Sam sorted out the food. Since the turkeys were cooked, she put them in the warming draw and put the Hammond’s turkey and roasted vegetables in their place in the oven and the pot on top of the stove. Once she had everything organized,

“Ok shall we take the grand tour? I’ll show you upstairs first.”

“Lead the way.”

They followed Sam upstairs and she showed them all the bedrooms and saved her bedroom for last. They were all surprised when they saw the size of it and the bathroom.

“Wow, this is bigger than our bathroom at home” one of the kids said, making Sam smile.

“Sam, this place is beautiful and big” George said.

“Thanks. You kids are going to love what’s downstairs.”

They walked out of the bedroom and headed downstairs and she showed them the rest of the house, including the home theatre, where the Carter kids were. The movie had just finished and she turned the lights up.

Sam introduced the kids to the Hammond family before carrying on down to where her office was, right next door. She led them to the games room, where they could here lots of laughter coming from. When she walked in,

“Hey, guess who is here?”

“Homer?” Jack said making the others laugh when George walked in, shaking his head.