samandjack.net

Author's Notes: feed back, yes please


Then the rest of the Hammond family walked into the room. After more introductions Jack went behind the wet bar and asked who wanted a drink, while Sam went back up to the kitchen.

“If you ladies want to leave your men here to talk I’ll be in the kitchen with the other women and kids. If you would rather play some games until dinner is ready, there are games in the family room” Sam said before leaving them to their own devices.

When everything was done, Sam asked Jack and Jacob to carve the four turkeys while she made gravy and put it into the three gravy boats that she bought one day when she and Jack were out shopping. She had also bought a set of china that was 6 piece place settings, service for 24, with serving bowls and platters. She also bought a cutlery set, service for24 with matching serving pieces.

Ten minutes later everything was put on the dining room table and everyone was seated, with Jacob at one end and George at the other. They all held hands while Jacob said grace and then they all help them selves while talking and laughing around the dinner table. During dinner the phone rang; Sam frowned and groaned as she got up to answer it. Everyone carried on talking until they all heard Sam yelling,

“Pete, stop calling me…. No, I’ve told you before I’m not going to go out with you again, so stop calling me.”

Jack got up and walked over to where Sam was talking. He didn’t like to see her upset.

“Pete, just stop calling me or I’ll take further action… yes I will” Jack took the phone out of her hand as he put his arm around her.

“Detective Shanahan? This is Colonel O’Neill; now listen to me, you are to stop calling Major Carter, do you understand?” he said in his Colonel voice. Then he listened.

“I don’t give a rat’s ass what you think; you’re a sick bastard, you know that, good bye.”

Then he hung up and flicked the switch so that the answering machine would pick up after the first ring and then he pulled Sam into his arms, rubbing her back for few minutes and then they pulled apart.

“Hey, are you ok?”

“Yes, he said he knows where I live. He knows I live here Jack.”

“Hey, don’t worry; remember Thor’s little gift.”

“Yes”

“Good, now tomorrow I’ll give Andy a call and talk to him and see what he suggests you can do.”

“Is he a lawyer?”

“Nope a cop here in the Springs; he and I go way back. He used to be in black ops with me years ago. We play poker on Friday nights with two other friends and we do try to get together whenever we are all not on duty. I’m sure he will help out.”

“Thanks.”

“Now let’s get back to that yummy dinner. I’m sure looking forward to seconds as long as Teal’c hasn’t eaten all the turkey” Sam smiled.

“Well, it is his favourite.”

“True, we will talk later, ok?”

“Ok” they hug and had a quick kiss before returning to their dinner.

“Sam, are you ok?” Jacob asked.

“Yes Dad I’m ok” He nodded and they sat down and everyone started talking again while enjoying their dinner.

An hour later Sam and Jack started clearing the table, while everyone was letting their dinner settle down. Once the table was cleared and the dishes in the dish washers, Sam started them up since they were both were full. Jack put the leftovers in containers and put them in the fridge.

Then he helped Sam with the pots and roasting dishes. As soon as they were washed and dried they took out the dessert plates and the forks and spoons. Jack put them on the table and everyone passed the dishes and utensils down to the next person until everyone had a plate. He went back into the kitchen to help Sam with the desserts. They went back and forth until all the desserts were on the table.

There were three home made trifles, cheese cake, ice cream, whipped cream, pumpkin and mincemeat pies, chocolate éclairs and fruit salad. They enjoyed their desserts and they were all gone within half an hour.

“Sam that was the best Thanksgiving meal I have had in years” Jacob said.

“Thanks dad, how are you all feeling?”

“Full” they all said.

“Once I take care of these dishes, why don’t we all go for a walk down to the park and walk some of our dinner off.”

“That a good idea” mark said and they all agreed with the idea.

Jack and Sam took care of everything. Jack took bottles of beer and cans of soda down to the games room while Sam stocked up on the drinks in her fridge, in preparation for tomorrows barbeque. Once everything had been taken care of and Jack came back upstairs, they all left the house and walked down to the park, which was a ten minute walk. When they arrived, the kids ran around having fun on the slides and swings; they even got the adults in on the fun.