samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please. Happy birthday to Zhaan


An hour later they started back to the house for hot drinks and more dessert for everyone. The adults sat in the living room in front of the fire, with their hot drinks and dessert. The kids were down in the games room entertaining themselves.

After an hour or so everyone was yawning and they decided to call it a day. Their guest’s said their goodbyes and said that they would see most of them the next day at the barbeque.

It was an early night for the people at Sam’s place also. They all said their good nights and headed for bed.

The next morning Jacob was up early and decided to cook breakfast for everyone. He cut up all of the roast vegetables from yesterday’s dinner and fried them up with some sausage. When they were cooked through, he divided them up between 2 pans and mixed up eggs and divided them between the 2 pans. While the omelettes cooked he started toasting bread and put the coffee on.

Just as the eggs were finished, the kids wandered into the kitchen calling out their good mornings to Jacob. He cut up one of the omelettes
Into thirds and put a piece on each of the kids plates and passed them toast and poured out orange juice for each one.

As the kids started eating their breakfast, Jacob said that he was going to get the others up. As he was leaving the kitchen, he heard of them saying,

“Wow, this is yummy” and he smiled.

He went upstairs and woke up Mark and Laura. He knocked on the door and called out,

“Are you two awake?”

“Cone on in Dad” Mark called out. Jacob opened the door to see that Mark was already up and dressed. He heard the shower running.

“Laura will be out in a couple of minutes” Mark told his father.

“Ok, breakfast is ready. I’m going to wake up Jack and Sam”.

“Are the kids up yet?” Mark asked.

“Yes and they are eating their breakfast”.

“Ok, hen we will see you downstairs Dad”.

Jacob left Mark to finish dressing and walked down the hall to Sam’s room and knocked on the door; there was no immediate answer so he opened the door a bit.

“Jack, Sam, are you awake? Still no answer, so he pushed the door open and looked around. There was no one in the bed and then he heard the shower running and heard Sam giggling. He then heard Jack’s voice,

“No giggling Sam while I am still in you”, Jacob decided that this was TMI, turned and left the room.

‘That is one thing I didn’t want to hear’ he thought to himself.

‘You weren’t to know what was going on Jacob; at least she is happy’ Selmac said.

‘True, he can make her happy but it is a shame they can’t share their happiness with everyone’.

‘One day it will happen Jacob; we will just have to wait until that time comes’.

‘True; let’s go and get some breakfast.’

He went back downstairs and got his breakfast and joined the kids. Mark and Laura came into the kitchen right behind him.

“Where are Jack and Sam?” Mark asked. He looked at Jacob and noticed that he was blushing.

“Sam is in the shower”.

“Oh and where is Jack?” Jacob just raised an eyebrow.

“Ah; this sure is good Dad”, he said as he took another mouthful of food. He had gotten the hint.

“Thanks Mark” and the kids giggled.

“Grand Dad, we’re not dumb. We know what you are trying not to say.” Karen said.

“And that would be?”

“They are having a shower together.”

“How do you know this “Miss Know It All?”

“Mom and Dad do it all the time because they love each other and they are there for one another.” Jacob looked at both Laura and Mark, who were blushing by this time.

“I see; anything else?”

“Uncle Jack can make Auntie Sam happy, just like he has been doing since we got here” Brian said.

“That is true; I have seen how he makes her happy” then they heard Jack and Sam walking downstairs.

“Morning campers, something really smells good” Sam went to get she and Jack some coffee.

“It’s breakfast, Uncle Jack” and then he saw the pan.

“Grand Dad cooked breakfast this morning.”

“Wow, thanks Dad” Sam said, passing a mug to him.

“I was up early and it’s been a long time since I had a chance to make breakfast.

“That’s true; after all you do travel a lot” Jack said.

Sam got the plates out and Jack took out the knives and forks. Sam dished up their breakfast before sitting down to eat.

“Wow, this is good Dad”

“Thanks Sam” and they settled down to finish their breakfast.

After breakfast was over, they cleaned up and started to prepare for the afternoon barbeque.

The kids went down to the games room, playing some games while the
adult’s worked upstairs. Sam got out the buns, meat patties and wieners while Jack was getting the barbeque sorted out.

Soon their first guests arrived. Jacob, Jack or Cassie were showing people through the house. They couldn’t believe how big the rooms were. Everyone was starting to go outside, getting their drinks, mingling and talking.

An hour later Jack fired up the barbeque and started the cooking while Sam was getting the salads, buns and rolls ready. She started taking them outside and put them on the portable table, next to the ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.

“Hey, how’s it going” Sam asked.

“Good, but I will need more wieners and patties.”

“Ok, I’ll go and get some more”

She went back into the house and came back out with a tray in her hands. She put the tray on the table while Jack put the meat in the warmer that built in next to the fire. Ten minutes later Jack started putting patties and wieners on their rolls and people started eating.

There were always patties and wieners ready. Sam was able to get a hot dog while she continued going back and forth, getting buns, rolls, meat patties, wieners, salads and drinks for everyone.

She noticed that Jack hadn’t had anything to eat since he began working on the barbeque and she had only managed to eat half of her hot dog. She walked over to him and put the other half in front of his face. He turned and looked at her.

“We share everything Jack and you haven’t had time to eat, so I’m sharing my hot dog with you” and Jack smiled.

“Thanks Sam” and he took a bit of it.

“You’re welcome. Do you need another drink?”

“Yeah, can you get me a soda? I’ve already had plenty of beer today and I don’t want to get drunk while cooking.

“Sure, what would you like to have?”

“A lemonade, please”.

“Ok, here”.

She let him take another bite before she went back into the house to get him a can of lemonade.