samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“What made you think of this idea in the first place Jack?”

“Dad and I went to see a movie last night and there were a group of trouble makers there. They have been picked up by the police a number of times but within a few hours they were out and causing more trouble.”

“I see what you are getting at Jack, good idea” then she leaned over a bit more and whispered in his ear,

“Come around tonight and you shall be rewarded.”

She stood up and walked over to where she had left one of the devices she was working on and started working, humming the MacGyver theme with a grin on her face. She turned her head slightly to see Jack grinning at her before he returned to making some more phone calls.

Sam carried on working until1400 hours when Jack pulled her away for a late lunch with him. When they arrived in the mess hall they saw Jacob sitting at one of the tables alone and once they had their lunch they went to join him.

“Hi Dad.”

“Hi Jack, Sam; how is the gate coming along?”

“Well, it will be tested in an hour and we are hoping that all goes well. What about you, what have you been doing?”

“Talking to George and Selmac has been helping Daniel and Jonas out with some translating.”

“Do you know about Jack’s plans of a boot camp?”

“Yes, we talked about it on the way in this morning.”

“Ok; did you enjoy the movie last night?”

“Yes I did and so did Selmac.”

“That’s good, what was the movie?”

“The Matrix Reloaded.”

“Was it good?”

“Yes it was. It was a shame you were called back here last night.” Jacob said

“I know, blame McKay.”

Jack and Sam talked to Jacob while having their lunch. They talked about Christmas and wondered what to get their family and friends. An hour later they all headed to the control room to see how things were coming along with the gate. Jacob and Jack went up the steps to the control room while Sam went down to the gate room for a minute and then returned to the control room and sat down at one of the computers.

“Ok, here goes nothing.”

Sam typed in the commands while the gate started spinning. When the first chevron locked, the readings were good so they did the next one and the next until the wormhole whooshed into life.

“Nice work Carter.”

“Thanks sir, but I wasn’t the only one working on it.”

“I know” and then the gate shut done. Jack bent over the microphone and turned it on.

“Nice work Siler and your team.”

“Thank you sir” Siler yelled out back, with a grin. Hammond came into the control room,

“Major, report.”

“The gate is back in action sir and the computers are now fully functional again sir and I’ve changed Dr McKay’s status sir.”

“Major?”

“Well, after what he did last night sir; he is no longer allowed any access to the computers in the control room and any computers that are connected to the control room for the next two months” Jack and Jacob grinned.

“Major, what if he needs access to a computer?”

“There are other computers on this base that have no connection to the control room computers sir. He can still use them, providing he doesn’t wreck them sir.” Hammond looked at Sam and then at Jacob and Jack and then back to Sam. Then he nodded.

“Ok, for two months. You know he is going to complain about this?” Sam smiled.

“Yes sir; I’ll let Janet know that you will need a bottle of aspirin in your top drawer sir by the end of the day.”

Jack saw Walter and the other technicians trying not to laugh.

“Good because I have a feeling that I’m going to need them; good work.”

“Thank you sir” then, when he turned around, he saw the other personnel in the control room trying not to laugh. He went back up the stairs to his office.

”Ok you lot, back to work” Jack said, as Sam stood up. Then they all couldn’t hold it any longer and burst out laughing.

“Ok what’s so funny?” Jack asked.

“Sir, they are probably thinking that I’ve been around you too long and have picked up some bad habits from you” Sam said, smiling at him.

“I do not have any bad habits” Sam raised an eyebrow at him.

“I’m bored, are we there yet, doh, Daniel (whining like a five year old) you know how I love these sandy planets, trees, trees, how I love those trees. Shall I go on?”

“Ok, ok you have been hanging around me too long” Sam giggled.

“Dad, do you want to contact the Tok’ra?”

“Sure thing Sam” and she looked at Walter.

“Sergent, would you please dial the Tok’ra home world?”

“Yes ma’am” then she turned to Jack and Jacob.

“Dad, I’ll be in my lab.”

“Ok Sam” then she left with Jack following behind her. When they reached her lab, she sat down and then looked up at Jack.