samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“What?”

“Am I that bad?” Sam smiled at him.

“No, it’s your sense of humour Jack. You know that every time you comment about sand and trees you always look at me and notice if I smile every time you say it.”

“That is true and you are right but did you have to make those comments in front of Walter and the others?”

“Why not? You know how to cheer people up Jack, including General Hammond, with your cheeky remarks and he always let’s you get away with it because he knows you’re right.”

“Thanks, I think. I better get back to work then, see you later.”

“Ok sir” Jack left Sam’s lab to finish sorting out his ideas and to start planning things.

Half an hour later Jacob walked into Sam’s lab in his Tok’ra uniform. She was working on one of the alien devices when she sensed a presence and she turned around to see Jacob standing there.

“You’re going?”

“Yes, I just came to say good bye” Sam put down her tools.

“I’ll come with you.”

She followed him out into the corridor and they walked towards the gate room.

“So, you might be here for Christmas?”

“If everything goes ok on the mission.”

“Mission?”

“Yes the Tok’ra are waiting for me to return for a mission.”

“Oh, I hope they weren’t disappointed that you didn’t return yesterday.”

“Well, if you sent the signal, they would have received it and understood.”

“I did send it as soon as I arrived here. Oh, did you…” Jacob pulled out a disk and passed it to her.

“Thanks” they arrived in the gate room and the gate started spinning and General Hammond joined them.

“George, how is the head?”

“Sore; Dr McKay is already complaining about not being able to use the computers in the control room” Sam smiled.

“What did he want to do on them?” Jacob asked.

“He didn’t say but I told him that there are other computers on this base that he could use.”

“I suppose he blames me sir?”

“Yes he did.”

“Well, it was his fault in the first place sir.”

“True and I’m still working on the paperwork that the both of you created for me” then the wormhole sprang to life.

“Well sir, if he had left the programs alone in the first place none of this would of happen.”

“I agree Major. Well, Jacob see you next time.”

“Thanks George, see you next time” Hammond nodded and then left he and Sam alone.

“Well, I better go kiddo; see you next time.”

“Ok dad, be careful out there.”

“I will” and they hugged.

“Say good bye to Jack and the others for me.”

“I will dad.”

Then she watched him walk up the ramp and through the gate and then it shut down a few seconds later. She walked out of the gate room and back to her lab.

Two hours later she and Jack left for the night. Sam left half an hour before Jack. When she arrived home, she stripped the guest beds and put the sheets down the shoot into the laundry room and then she put the duvet covers back on the beds with bed spreads over them.

She walked downstairs and walked into the laundry room and started a load of wash. While that was going, she looked in the fridge to see what was in there. Since there was still some turkey left and some raw vegetables, she decided to cook up stir-fried vegetables with sweet and sour turkey. She took her wok out and started cooking dinner for them. She had just finished chopping up the vegetables when Jack called.

“Carter”

“Hey, I’m going to be a bit late.”

“Oh, how late?”

“Another half an hour.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at my place checking the mail and messages here before coming to you.”

“Ok, see you when you get here.”

“Do you need any thing?”

“No just you” she knew he was smiling on the other end of the phone.

“Ok, I’ll be there soon.”

“Drive carefully.”

“I will” then they hung up and Sam continued cooking.

Twenty minutes later dinner was ready, so she turned off the wok and headed back into the laundry room to take care of the washing. She put the wet load into the drier and another load into the washing machine.