samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Chapter 7

Six hours later they helped the villagers out with food, blankets and medical supplies. Jack promised to have a team check in on them in couple of weeks and they were grateful for all that had been done for them. They headed back to Earth and when they reached the gate, Sam noticed that Jonas was not looking well,

“Jonas, are you ok?” Sam asked.

“It is just the headache.”

“Same one from this morning?” Jack asked.

“Yes, it seems I can’t get rid of it” and just then Janet came over to them.

“Didn’t the aspirin I gave you work?”

“No” Then he took a step forward and collapsed onto the ground. The other teams were just going through the gate.

“Teal’c, can you carry Jonas?”

Teal’c passed his staff weapon to Jack and then he picked Jonas up in a fireman’s lift before they rest walked through the gate. A few hours later, in the briefing room, Janet told them that Jonas had a brain tumour and that it hadn’t been there three months ago.


“Nirrti” Sam said and everyone turned to look at her.

“Sam” Janet asked

“I think it was the Ancient machine; Nirrti did something to him, like she did to me but with a difference.”

“You think so?”

“What else could it be?”

“Sir, I suggest we contact the Asgard, since they now have the machine; they might be able to undo what Nirrti did?”

“Granted Colonel.”

“Thank you sir, I’ll go and make the call.”

Once Hammond dismissed them they all went their separate ways. A few minutes later Jack went to see Sam in her lab.

“Hey” he said, as he walked in. Sam looked up and smile.

“Hey, you off now?”

“Yeah, ah… when this mess is sorted out would you like to go out to dinner with me?”

“Sure, that would be great.”

“Sweet, I better go.”

“Ok, good luck.”

“Thanks” they looked at each other intensely before he left.

An hour later he returned to see Sam up in the control room and he saw that she was headed to the staircase, with Hammond right behind her. When Jack reached the bottom of the ramp they walked into the gate room.

“Thor is on his way sir and he has the machine on board and a scientist named Loki with him.”

“How long Colonel?”

“Two hours give or take sir. I’ve told him what has happened and they said that they well try their best to remove it from him by using the machine.”

“Understood, you know the drill.”

“Yes sir” they left and headed their separate ways.

A hour later Jack was in the mess hall eating cake and having a cup of coffee when Sam came in. She got herself a cup of coffee before joining Jack at the table.

“Hey”

“Hey, how’s your six?” knowing that Jack hated needles.

“Sore, but I’ll live” Sam giggled.

“Jonas?”

“The headache is still there” Jonas had woken up two hours earlier.

“Ok; have you finished with your reports?”

“Nope, I’m going to do them after I’ve finished this and until Thor arrives.”

“Ok, well I’m going back to my lab, see you later sir.”

“See ya Carter” Sam got up and headed out of the room.

An hour later Thor arrived; Jack was talking to Jonas when Jonas suddenly disappeared. Jack got up and headed to the phone to let Hammond, Teal’c and Sam know that Thor had arrived and hey all headed to the briefing room to wait.

They were talking among themselves and planning a shindig as soon as Jonas got the all clear. Jack planned a barbecue at his house. Half an hour after Jonas disappeared, there was a bright light and Jonas and Thor arrived in the briefing room.

“Thor buddy, is everything alright?”

“Yes O’Neill, Loki was able to reverse what the Goa’uld Nirrti had done.”

“Thanks; Jonas, how are you feeling?”

“Good thanks, Colonel. Loki and two other Asgard scientists were able to find out how the machine works.”

“That’s good.”

“Thor, with the machine, could it split one person’s DNA in order to share it with another person? Do you know if that can be done?”

“How do you mean Major Carter?”

“Well, we know that the Colonel has the Ancient gene. Using the machine, couldn’t you use it to split the gene and put it into me for example? This way, the next time we come across one or two of the Ancient devices there would be two of us with the gene, just in case. If it did work well, we could do it with some of the other SG teams. Then, if they came across one of the Ancient devices off world and the Goa’uld were there looking for the device, the SG team could access it before the Goa’uld found it.”

“It might work but we will need two volunteers to see if it works.”

Sam looked at Jack who was looking at her.

“Carter, are you thinking what I think you are thinking?”

“I’m willing and there are two others who also would be willing and you have got the gene sir.”

“Why not ask the other two to be the lab rats?”

“Sir, Captain Smith from SG15 is off world until Friday and Lieutenant O’Brien is on maternity leave.”

“Oh” then he looked at Thor.

“Well, I’m game.”

“Thank you O’Neill, if you and Major Carter please stand together”

They stood together and then there was a bright light. Jack, Sam and Thor were beamed up to the ship.

“Ok, now what.”

“Please stand in the circle together.”

They walked over to the machine and stood in the circle, face to face. Thor spoke to the other Asgard before turning to Jack and Sam.

“We shall begin” and then the shields went up and they saw the pink, blue and purple balls go around them.

“This might be painful.”

Jack was holding on to Sam’s hands before they started the machine. They could feel the pain run through them; it lasted for about fifteen seconds and then they relaxed until it happened again. This happened to them four more times and then the machine shut down.