samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Not really but I’ve got an idea, trust me.”

“I do trust you Sam.”

“Good” and they continued shopping but after a while Jack looked at the time; it was almost four thirty and they had been in the shop for over an hour and a half.

“Shall we take these to the counter and check out? I’m sure Hammond will give us another afternoon off before Christmas.”

“Yeah, might as well” they started walking to the counter until Sam stopped.

“What?” she picked up a box of twelve alien heads with Santa hats on them and turned to show Jack.

“We should get some for the tree.”

“I wonder what Thor would think of these decorations?”

“Who knows Sam, who knows? How many are there?”

“Not many; I count eight packets left.”

“Grab them all” he said smiling.

“Ok” Sam put them in the trolley and then they reached the counter.

“Merry Christmas” the sales person said.

“Merry Christmas to you too” Sam said, smiling as she started taking the items out of the trolley.

“These decorations have been very popular this year” she indicated the packet of alien’s with the Santa hats on their heads.

“Really?”

“Yeah. A lot of the Air Force personnel have been customers in here and when they see them, they smile and chuckle.”

“Oh ok”

Sam and Jack put everything on the counter and once totalled, Sam paid. They left with their hands full and they walked out to Sam’s SUV and put the bags in and covered them over before locking up the wagon before returning to the mall. They used the restrooms before continuing their shopping since the shops were open until eight because of the upcoming holiday. They shopped for another hour before deciding to head home.

They stopped off at the Burger King for dinner before heading toward home. When they arrived home, they unloaded the car and then they had fun trying to get the tree into the house. When they finally got it in, they were able to lift it up and carry it into the family room. Once they reached the family room, they dropped the boxed and collapsed onto the sofa.

“We are sure going to have fun over the next few days.”

“We can call in the others to help.”

“Yeah, good idea. We will talk to them tomorrow.”

“Do you want a drink?”

“Thanks.”

“Ok come on, we have wrapping to do. Once we finish we can go to bed.”

They got up and headed to the kitchen, where Sam made them hot chocolate and they started wrapping presents for the next three hours. When they were finished, Sam rinsed out the mugs while Jack carried a load of presents into the family room. When he returned, they made two more trips and then they were finished. They made sure the house was secure and then they went to bed since they had to be on the base early the next morning.

After they got to work the next morning they talked to their friends about helping out with the decorations. Everyone agreed to help out after work. Over the next three evenings the men were outside taking care of the lights while the women worked inside, taking care of decorating the house and tree. When they were done, the girls joined the guys outside and Sam turned the Christmas lights on.

They cheered when the house lit up. Sam rewarded Jack with a kiss. After they were done ooohing and aahing, they headed inside where it was warm. The girls let the men into the family room for the first time; Cassie turned off the room lights as Sam turned on the Christmas tree lights.

“Wow, you ladies did a fantastic job” Jack said.

“So you guys did also.”

“Hell yeah we loved it” the men agreed.

“Hot chocolate any one?” Sam asked and everyone agreed. Sam went to make the hot drinks and while she was making them Jack walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“You did a fantastic job Sam.”

“Thanks; look on the roof above the front door” he kissed her neck and went to check out the roof. When he looked up he smiled and then returned to the kitchen.

“Whose idea was that?”

“Cassie’s.”

“I should have guessed. Where are the others?”

“There is one at the bottom of the steps and one on top; one above the doorway in the living room and two in the family room. I don’t know where Cassie put the others; you will have to ask her.”

“Don’t worry I will. What did they think of Thor wearing a Santa hat?”

“They all laughed and asked where we got them. I told them and also told them that they were the last ones in the shop. Cassie is going to check out the shop tomorrow.”

All the drinks were made and put on a serving tray with two bowls of dip. Jack picked the tray up while Sam carried two big bowls of potato chips and they walked out to the family room to join everyone as they sat around talking and listening to Christmas music.

“Here you go, help yourselves.”

Jack put the tray on the long coffee table and Sam placed the bowls of chips on each end of the table along with a bowl of dip. Everyone took their drink and Jack picked up the last two mugs and passed one to Sam.

“Thanks” and they sat down, enjoying each others company.

“Sam, who’s stocking is who’s?” Cassie asked.

“They are in alphabetical order but next year each one will have a name on it.”

“Cool” they sat around talking and laughing for another hour and then the door bell rang.

“I’ll get it Sam.”

“Thanks Jack” Jack stood up and went to answer the door. A minute later he walked back into the room with six boxes of pizza.

“Dinner is ready; eat it while it’s hot.”

“When did you call them?”

“While you were making the drinks. They said it would be about an hour since they had a lot of other orders before us. I told him that was no problem.” Sam rewarded him with a kiss.

“Thank you.”

“Eat before it starts to get cold.”

“Thanks” they ate the pizzas while talking and afterwards they cleaned up and then went into the game room to play some games. Sam took out the trash and put them into the recycle bin outside. When she turned to go back into the house she noticed a black, unmarked van not too far down the street. She walked back in side and closed and locked the door before joining the others. Jack knew immediately that something was wrong.

“Sam, what’s wrong?”