samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please. Sorry for not up dating yesterday, been busy helping my mother out for my gran memorial service which is being held today. My grand mother past away couple months ago in Austalia.


“I see. Keys, Sam?”

“On my desk Dad.”

“Thanks” he walked over and picked them up.

“Sam, how am I going to get into the house without setting any alarms off and being zatted by the stone or shield?”


“Dad, remember what I told you; it will recognise your fingerprints and DNA. It will take three seconds to recognise them before the shield shuts down.”

“Ok thanks. Well, see you at home; ah which room Sam?”

“The same one as last time; I made the bed up this morning for you and from now on, when you come to visit, that will be your room.”

“Thanks Sam.”

“That is what families are for.” she said, smiling.

“See you two tonight.”

“Ok Dad, drive carefully, the roads are a bit icy today.”

“Thanks for the warning” then he left them to get back to work.

Two hours later Jacob arrived at Sam’s place. Once inside, where it was warm, he went and put dinner on the breakfast bar and sorted the hot food out and put it in the warming draw of the stove and turned it on before walking down to the game room to get a can of coke out since he had promised Selmac a can as soon as they arrived home. Once Jacob had taken a couple of mouth fulls Selmac was happy and then they walked into the family room. He stopped in shock when he saw the room.

“Holy Hannah, Sam sure spent large this year.”

‘Yes she has; drink please.’

“Ok one more mouth full and then we better start wrapping these gifts up before Jack and Sam arrive home.”

He took a mouth full of the coke before sitting down on the couch and started wrapping up everyone’s presents. He did Jack and Sam first before they arrived home. He had just finished wrapping Sam’s when he heard the door bell ring. He got up and walked down the hallway to the front door. He looked through the peep hole to see a man standing outside on the steps. He started to open the door to see what he wanted and at the same time he held his hand close to the stone, just in case he had to activate the shield. Then he opened the door and asked,

“Can I help you?”

“Yeah, I was looking for Sam Carter.”

“Sorry, there is no Sam Carter here.”

“Oh, I mean Samantha Carter.”

“Oh, yes I know her; who are you?”

“Pete Shanahan.”

Jacob remembered Sam, Mark and Jack mentioning his name and what he had done behind Sam’s back.

“Yes I know about you Detective Shanahan; why are you interested in her?”

“I like her and the last time I saw her I upset her.”

“There is more isn’t there?” Pete was shocked since he didn’t know who this man was.

“What do you mean?”

“I know what you did behind Sam’s back. How dare you come here and want to patch things up. It is not going to work. Now, if you will excuse me, I’ve got better things to do than talk to you.” Just then they heard Jack’s truck drive down the drive way.

“You had better leave while you still have a chance” then he opened the door a bit wider when he heard,

“Pete, what the hell are you doing here?” Sam said, yelling as she got out of Jack’s truck.

“I’ve come to talk to you.”

“You keep the hell away from me, my family and my friends. Next time I find out that you have been on my property I’ll have you arrested. If you call me, I’ll still have you arrested, now get out” she said yelling.

“I just came to talk to you, sorry.” then Jack’s phone rang and he answered it.

“O’Neill” he was standing next to Sam.

“Hey Andy, Merry Christmas, what’s up?” he frowned and looked at Pete. Jacob noticed the look and he was not happy.

“I see; thanks for letting me know… sure, when… now? Ok go on to Old Ranch Road… yes, the house is before Thunder Mountain Ave… yes big two story log home, you will see my truck in the drive way… ok see you soon” then he hung up.

“Come on, Sam let’s get inside where it is warmer.”

He put his hand on her back and they walked past Pete and walked in side and closed the door and Jack activated the shield.

“We better eat dinner before it gets cold, I’ve put it in the warming draw to keep hot” Jacob said as they walked into the kitchen

“Thanks Dad; is that chicken I smell?”

“Yes, I got us some KFC for dinner tonight. I haven’t had it in a long time and just had to have some.”

“Sounds good to me. When did you get home?”

“Half an hour ago; I was in the family room wrapping up the presents that I got for you two done first, just in case you came home and saw your presents by accident.”

“Ok good idea.”

Jacob got the box of chicken pieces, mashed potatoes and gravy out of the warming drawer. He put the potatoes and gravy into one of Sam’s small glass serving dishes. Sam got the plates, serving spoons, knives and forks out while Jack got the drinks, coleslaw and 3 bean salad and took them over to the dining table.

Jacob helped with the serving of the hot food and then they all sat down to enjoy their dinner. They talked about what had been going on with the Tok’ra and Ba’al. While they were talking the doorbell rang and Jack got up to answer it.

“Sam, what did you get Jack for Christmas?

“For his stocking stuffer I got him a Colorado Avalanche blue cap and for the big present I got him a Avalanche personalized practice jersey with his name on it, since he is fan of their’s.”

“Who are they?”

“Denver’s Ice hockey team Dad and I also got him… we will talk later” she said as Jack and a man walked into the dining room.