samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Sam, Jacob, I will like you to meet Andy.”

“Hi nice to meet you at last Sam; I’ve heard a lot about you” he shook both Sam and Jacob’s hands.

“Really? It’s nice to meet you also Andy. Please sit, would you like a drink?”

“No thanks; you have a beautiful home here.”

“Thank you.”

“Andy here did a back ground check on Shanahan.”

“What did you find out?” Jacob asked.

“Detective Shanahan has been suspended from the Denver PD for the past two months while an investigation is going on.”

“What investigation?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know; all I do know is it has some thing to do with the Air Force and him using his badge for some thing he shouldn’t. I get the feeling it has to do with you” Jack and Sam looked at each other and Jack gave her a nod.

“Andy, Pete did a back ground check on me about six months ago. He was trying to find out what I do for the Air Force” Andy he nodded.

“Same as Jack here? Classified, black ops stuff?”

“Yes it is.”

“Ok and another thing; he is married with three kids.” Sam and Jack were shocked at this piece of news.

“He told me that he was divorced.”

“He is still married and he and his family still live together in Denver.”

“I guess they don’t know about his being suspended then?”

“No, I would think not.”

“Ok, thanks for telling me.”

“No problem. There is one thing though; when Jack would talk about ‘Sam’ the guys and I thought he was talking about a guy until I saw a photo of you in your dress blues and found out he was talking about a girl.” Sam laughed.

“What’s so funny Sam? Care to share?” Jack asked.

“When I first met Jack he thought Sam Carter was a male, until I walked into the room and corrected the gender. The look on his face, it was priceless.” Jack groaned as he remembered what happened that morning and this caused Andy to laugh.

“I know all about that; he told me and about the arm wrestling challenge.”

“Gee, thanks Sam, Andy.”

“Now I know who has smoothed the rough O’Neill edges over the past few years” Jack looked at Andy and frowned.

“I better head home myself it; was nice meeting you Sam, Jacob, have a Merry Christmas.”

“You too” Jack and Andy stood up and walked to the front door. Sam and Jacob heard,

“Jack, you have a good woman there, don’t lose her to any of the guys if they meet her; you have a real fire ball there.”

“Gee thanks, see you Friday night.”

“Will do.”

They heard the door open and then a few seconds later close. Sam saw Jack walk down the hallway and heard the bathroom door open and close.

“Now that was interesting,” Sam said.

“A fire ball?”

“Well, I did blow up a sun,” she said smiling.

“True; now that was a fire ball” they laughed.

“Ok, what else did you get Jack?”

“Colorado Rockies authentic home jersey and a Tee shirt with his name on it. He and Charlie were fans for years” Jacob smiled at Sam.

“I’m sure he will love them Sam.”

“Of course he will Dad; after all he is a big kid at heart.”

“True” then they heard Jack coming back from the bathroom.

“So, what do you think of Andy?” he said as he sat down to finish his dinner.

“He’s a bit like you Jack; well, the sense of humour part at least” Sam said smiling.

“Thanks” they talked about other things for the next fifteen minutes and then cleaned up the dishes. Jacob left them alone while he went to continue with his present wrapping. Jack and Sam went and sat down in the living room on the couch, hugging and kissing.

“Sam?”

“Yes Jack?”

“Would you like me to stay here tonight?”

“Since Dad is here, sure. I miss waking up in the mornings without you beside me.”

“Same here. I’ll have to go home and get changed anyway, so I might as well bring back a bag with me.”

“Ok, we will have to leave in half an hour for the party.”

“I will leave now then and meet you and Dad at the party.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

They kissed before getting up and heading to the door. Once Jack had his boots and jacket on he gave Sam a kiss before he left. When Sam closed the door, she turned the shield on and then she walked up stairs to her bedroom to have a shower and get ready for the party. When she was ready, she went downstairs and walked into the family room to find that Jacob was already changed.

“Hey, are you thinking or talking?” Jacob turned around and smiled.

“Talking to Selmac.”

“Ok”

“Where’s Jack?”

“He’s gone back to his place to change and to pack a bag for the next few days and then he will meet us at the party."

““Ok; I love what you have done to the room.”

“Thanks, I did have some help.”

“I’m sure you did Sam. Whose stocking is whose” and Sam laughed.

“They are in alphabetical order; next year there will be names on them.”

“Good idea” Jacob picked up the small presents and put them into the appropriate stockings.

When he finished they left the room and headed to the front door. Sam turned the outdoor Christmas lights on before they left. When they were outside, Sam turned the shield on before they walked to her SUV. Just before Sam pulled out of the driveway Jacob looked back at the house for the first time.

“Who did the outside of the house Sam?”

“Jack, Daniel, Teal’c and Jonas, why?”

“They did a great job on it.”

“Yes they did. Hopefully there will be more next year.”

“I am looking forward to it.”

“Same here” she said smiling.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at the SGC. After they parked, they headed to the first check point. She looked around and noticed that Jack’s truck wasn’t there yet. Jacob noticed she was looking around and realized who she was looking for.

“Don’t worry, he will be here.”

“I know” and they continued walking towards the first checkpoint.