samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Chapter 8

“We will need to test you both now so please hold these stones.”

Thor moved a stone and two white stones appeared. They picked them up in their hands, looking at them, when Loki moved another stone.

“Ow, it pricked me!” Jack said, dropping the stone.

“Same here, Thor” Sam told him.

“It was the only way we could get a sample of your blood.”

“Ok, now what?”

They put the stones back where they were before. They noticed that Loki was working the stones over the control panel. They could see writing and then he turned around and looked at Jack and Sam.

“Major Carter now had the ancient gene and another marker in her.”

“What other marker?”

”We put a marker in your DNA after Anubis extracted all of the information from me when he held me captive. I found out while in his computer that he was interested in our cloning processes and that he also knows about the Ancient gene and who had it, on you planet. Our concern is he might try to kidnap you and try to make a clone of you.”

“Why me?”

“Knowledge and host.” Sam said

“Hey, I’m not smart like Carter here” he jerked his thumb in Sam’s direction.

“But you did kill Ra, Hathor and other Goa’uld System Lords.”

“With some help, I might add.”

“He has a point sir.”

“Ok, so Sam’s idea worked then?”

“Yes, you can tell General Hammond that Major Carter’s ‘stupid idea’ worked” and they both grinned.

“Now that we know it works Thor, when would you like to start doing it to the other personnel?”

“If it is alright with General Hammond, we can start straight away.”

“Ok; would you beam us back down and we can talk to him.”

“Yes, use this stone to let me know what his decision is” and Thor passed him a stone.

“Thanks Thor” then there was a bright light and they were back in the briefing room.

“Colonel, Major, report.”

“Carter’s ‘stupid idea’ worked sir and it’s up to you and the SG team’s sir if you want to continue with the process. Thor is waiting to hear from us sir.”

“Major Carter, you have the Ancient gene now as well?” Teal’c asked.

“Yes, I have Teal’c; sir the choice is yours.” Hammond went to the phone.

“Walter, have all SG teams assemble in the gate room in ten minutes… I know who is off world and tell them not to gear up…. Good”

Then he hung up the phone and returned to his seat. They all heard the announcement over the PA system.

“All SG teams report to the gate room, all SG teams to the gate room, no gear, in ten minutes.”

“Sir, how many teams are off world?” Sam asked.

“Seven”; they all nodded and Jonas got up and looked out the window at the gate room.

“I don’t think they will all fit in the gate room General.”

They all stood up and walked to the window, to see the SG teams walking into the gate room; most of them were moving up the ramp to make room for the others coming in. When the ten minutes were up they walked down to the control room and Hammond spoke into the microphone.

“SG teams, what I’m about to ask you is voluntary because it would be permanent. As you are all aware Colonel O’Neill his the ancient gene and you all would have heard about what happened to SG1 over two months ago on PYX973 and the Ancient machine that is now in the hands of the Asgard. Using this machine, the Asgard were able to transfer some of Colonel O’Neill’s Ancient gene to Major Carter.

What I’m asking is, how many of you are willing to have the gene a part of you just in case you go off world and you find an Ancient depository and there are Goa’uld on the planet; how many of you are willing to risk having the knowledge downloaded into you? The choice is yours. If you want to go through the process please stay and if you do not want to participate, you can leave. I’ll give you ten minutes to think about it and talk among yourselves” then he turned the microphone off.

“All we can do is wait” Sam said.

“I’ll be back” Jack said, as he left to use the men’s room and then returned. Ten minutes later they all were still down in the gate room

“Well sir, we better let Thor know” Jack said.

“Yes” Jack pulled out the white stone and pushed the button and waited. Then Thor appeared in a flash of light.

“O’Neill”

“Thor, how long can you guys stay in orbit?”

“Two of your days, why?”

“There are volunteers” and he gestured with his hand down at the gate room.

“We will begin. O’Neill, we will start with you and ten of your choosing first and then Major Carter. This way you both will have time to recover before starting the process over again. I will perform the process three times each on you both and then you will need ten hours rest before continuing it again.”

“Ok; Walter who is due to go off world and when?”

“SG2 sir, in half an hour. SG8 in two hours, then SG12 in the morning sir” then he flicked the microphone on.


“SG2, 8 and 12, get your butt’s up here” and the three team’s started to work there way to the doors.

“Walter, I’ll leave you and Major Carter in charge of getting the teams ready and sorted out.”

“Yes sir” then the three teams arrived.

“Ok, you and you return to the gate room in twenty minutes” Jack pointed to two members of SG12.

“Yes sir.”

“Ok, the rest of you over here with me” Jack said and they moved over to one corner.

“Ok Thor, beam away.”

Jack and Sam looked at each other before there was a bright light and they were aboard Thor’s ship.

Hammond went to his office, Teal’c went to meditate and Jonas went to see Janet for a check up. Sam and Walter sorted out time sheets for each of the teams and then let them know when to be in the gate room.

Two hours later Jack and Sam were both tired from their time in the machine and they decided to stay on the base for the night. Two days later all twenty teams had been given the Ancient gene and the protective marker.

That evening SG1 got together at Jack’s place for the barbecue, even Janet and Cassie was there. They were all enjoying them selves. General Hammond had given SG1 a week’s downtime after what they had been through in recent weeks.

That evening, every one left since it was getting late. Sam stayed behind to help with the dishes. She stayed at Jack’s place for the whole week which he didn’t mind; he had missed waking up next to her in the mornings.