samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please. Plus to remind you readers, that the rings i choice for this story is on chapter 66


They all had dinner at six o’clock that evening and then went into the living room to watch some TV. Sam got up just after eight and went into the kitchen to make up some butter popcorn and put it into popcorn containers that she saved from when she and Janet had gone to the movies one night. Since they were plastic she kept both of them.

The next time that Cassie went to the movies, Janet asked her to save her popcorn container. When she got home she had 10 large containers and the next day Janet gave them to Sam. Once all the containers were full, she walked back into the living room to see what they were watching. It was the Simpson’s and it was just ending.

“Hey, do you guys want to watch a movie?”

“Sure, what have you got Sam?” Mark asked.

“Remember when I asked you if you guys had been to the movies in the past year and you told me what you had seen?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, when I went shopping last week with Jack we picked up the DVD ‘Day After Tomorrow’, so who wants to watch it?”

“Me” the kids said.

“Sounds good.”

“Ok; the popcorn is all ready in the kitchen, so let’s go” they all got up and headed in to the kitchen.

Jack turned the TV off before following the rest of the family. Sam got them all sodas before they went down to the home theatre. Sam had everything set up and they took their seats in the lazy boys.

Sam started the movie and turned the lights off before sitting next to Jack as the movie began. Two hours later the movie was over and Sam got up and walked slowly turned the lights up so that they wouldn’t be blinded by the bright lights.

“Sam that was a good movie.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“Come on kids, bed time” Mark said.

They all got up and said their good nights and then left the room, taking the containers and empty cans with them into the kitchen before going to bed. Jacob went with them, after saying his good night. Jack helped Sam clean up before they went to bed themselves.

The next day they all went out to the ice skating rink for a few hours and had loads of fun. Jack watched them having fun on the ice rink and Mark skated over to him.

“Jack, don’t you know how to skate?”

“I do but I had to give it up a couple of years ago on doctor’s orders. She has seen the inside my knees numerous times when I’ve ended up in the hospital. She said my knees are almost stiff and there is nothing that can be done about them.”

“Sorry to here that, it’s a shame though.”

“I know; I still ski but afterwards I suffer for a couple of days.”

“That bad?”

“Yes, you go and have fun now.”

“Ok” then he skated off.

Jack looked around until he found Sam, with the kids, skating around having lots of fun. He would have liked to join the family. It was just a shame that they didn’t have a sarcophagus at the SGC. He could join them and then afterward go to the SGC and have a little snooze while the box healed him.

It was a shame that there wasn’t one that the SGC and the Tok’ra could use; he would have to talk to Jacob about that later. He watched Sam and smiled as she skated towards him with a smile on her face. She stopped in front of him and held on to the railings.

“Having fun?”

“Yes but I’m cold and stiff; I told the kids to find Dad.”

She climbed over the railing and sat down while she started undoing the laces of the skates.

“What shall we do about lunch because these guys are going to be starving?”

“I know what I want for my first course but I’ll have to wait until tonight for it” she said, grinning.

“I know what you mean” and he flicked his eyebrows at her as she took the skates off and put her boots on. They sat, watching the others have fun. Jack leaned over to Sam.

“I wonder if Selmac is also having fun?”

“Who knows but Dad sure is” they looked up to see Jacob chasing the kids around laughing having lots of fun. Half an hour later they all skated over to where Jack and Sam were sitting, laughing.

“Having fun?”

“Yep, I’m hungry.” Brian said, causing everyone to laugh.

“I’m not surprised Brian it is after one. Where would you like to go for lunch?”

“Jack, how about ‘The Hub’ for lunch?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“The what?” Mark asked.

“The Hub, you are going to love it. Come on guys, my treat.”

“Ok, come on kids.”

They took their skates off and put their shoes on. The returned the skates to the rental window and then walked to the car. Fifteen minutes later they parked outside the restaurant and got out.

“Ok, order what ever you want, ok?”

“Thanks Auntie Sam” the kids said.

“Come on, let’s get in side” they walked inside and sat down as the waiter walked over to them and passed them the menus.

An hour later Sam paid for their lunches and they headed home.

When they got into the house the kids, Mark, Laura and Jacob all went to have a lie down for a while since there was a midnight Christmas church service that they were all going to.

“Jacob” Jack called, before he started to walk up the steps.

He followed Jack and Sam into the kitchen where Sam was starting on the Christmas Eve dinner.

“Jack, what is it?”

“We wanted to know if Selmac enjoyed the ice skating” Jacob smiled and bowed his head.

“Yes, I did enjoy it Colonel O’Neill. It was very enjoyable and fun; it is a shame you couldn’t join us.”

“Same here Selmac. I was thinking while you guys were having all the fun that the SGC should have a sarcophagus or we could get Sam to try to build one.”

“I remember that thousands of years a go a Goa’uld found a device, left behind by the Ancients. He was about to find out what its purpose was and use the device to build the first sarcophagus but there were side effects.”

“It’s a shame that we don’t know if the device still exists” Sam said.

“Who was the Goa’uld?”

“His name was Telchak; he was defeated and killed by Anubis but before the attack Telchak hid the device in one of his temples and created a Fountain of Youth myth.”

“Perhaps Daniel might help shed some light on this.” Sam said.

“He might but not tonight. Let’s wait until after Christmas. Thanks for the information Selmac.”

“No problem Jack; now I’m going to get some rest.”

“Ok” then Jacob left them alone.

“Need any help Sam?”

“You can set the table if you like.”

“Ok, but before I do.”

He walked around the island and wrapped his arms around Sam’s waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. They kissed and then it became passionate and then they broke for air.

“I wish I could take you up stairs, take all your clothes off and make wild, passionate love to you until you scream out my name over and over.”

“Mmm you really know how to talk dirty fly boy and one day we will do it but when we are alone.”

“We are now.”

“Jack!”

“Ok, ok, I’ll go and set the table.”

He gave her a kiss before he walked to the dining room; she shook her head and went back to getting the dinner going. It was just after eight when Daniel, Teal’c, Jonas, Sarah, Janet, Cassie and George arrived to join them for the Christmas Eve dinner. They talked and laughed while enjoying their dinner. When they finished, they all thanked Sam for a wonderful meal. She then started to clear the table.

“Sam sit down, you have been cooking all afternoon” Jack said.

“But…”

“Ah ah” he raised a finger and then he stood up.

“Ok, you Carter kids can give me a hand in clearing the table. After all, your Aunt needs a break since she has been slaving over a hot stove to get all this yummy meal done tonight; come on guys.”

“You heard Jack, go on and help him out” Mark said.

“Ok” they said and then stood up and started clearing the table.

“Sam, are you ok?” Mark asked and she smiled.

“Yes Mark, I’m ok but I better get up and start making the custard.”

“Sam, you stay there and relax; I’ll go and make it.”

“Thanks Laura.”

Laura stood up and walked into the kitchen to see Jack putting all the plates, knives, forks and serving dishes into the dish washers. Once the first one was full he put the powder in and started it and then started on the next one. Laura started making the hot custard since the Christmas pudding was already done. Fifteen minutes later they were all enjoying the dessert while talking and laughing.

Later they went into the living room with cups of hot chocolate before they left for the Air Force Academy Chapel for the midnight Christmas service.

They arrived twenty minutes later and found seats just before the service began. An hour later the Christmas service was over and it was after midnight. On their way out of the Chapel they wished other people a Merry Christmas as they headed to their cars and then headed on to their homes. Everyone returned to Sam’s place, including General Hammond. They walked into the family room and everyone sat down except for Jack and Sam.

“Ok, now the fun begins. You all get the goodies from these stockings now and the ones under the tree in a few hours. Shall we begin?” Jack said.

Sam handed Jack each stocking and told him whose it was until they were all distributed. They started looking inside to see what they contained. There were candy canes, bags of chocolates, small gifts and envelopes as well as other goodies. Jack and Sam watched them all as they opened their gifts. Jack and Sam had gotten Janet, Sarah and Laura gift certificates, worth $200, for ‘The Body Shop’ they were shocked but happy.

The men each received a $200 gift certificate for a men’s department store in town, so they could buy whatever they wanted. Cassie received a $100 phone card that she said she needed and the kids each received $50 Music certificates. They loved their gifts and sweets.

“Now Jack, it’s your turn” and Sam passed him his stocking.

He pulled out the same chocolates and candy canes as the others. At the bottom was a wrapped up present, so he put everything else back in the stocking and unwrapped his present and smiled when he saw it was the cap.

“Cool; I love it Sam thank you” he put it on and then pulled her into a hug and a kiss before pulling back. Then he got her stocking and passed it to her.

“Your turn.”

Sam did what Jack had done until she got to the present. She looked at the label and smiled. She put everything else back in the stocking and gave it to Jack, who put it on the coffee table while Sam was unwrapping her gift. Jack looked at Jacob and put his hand out and gave a small nod. Jacob got the small cushion and passed it to Jack who then walked back over to where Sam was.

She opened the box, to find a smaller box surrounded in shredded paper. She took the blue box out and then she looked at Jack and then back at the box. When Jack saw her open it and gasp, he put the cushion on to the floor and got down on one knee. Then Sam noticed where Jack was and then he took her hand.

“Sam, you know that I’m a man of few words” she smiled while looking into his eyes and nodded.

“I’ve already received Jacob’s blessing, so Samantha Carter, I would be honoured if you would marry me one day” she giggled.

“Jack, if Dad already gave you his blessings, then the answer is yes, I will marry you.”

Jack took the box out of her hand and took the ring out and slipped it on to her finger. Then he stood up and wrapped his arms around her and gave her a passionate kiss as their family and friends cheered them on. They all got up and surrounded the couple; all the females wanted to look at the ring as well congratulate them.

“Jack, where did you buy the ring?” Cassie asked when she saw it. Jack turned and held on to Sam’s hands.

“Sam, do you like the ring? If not we can go shopping for another next year.”

“Jack, I love it. It’s beautiful and it looks antique” he smiled.

“It is old; it was my paternal grandmother’s. She left it to me when she died, along with the wedding rings.”

“What are they like Jack?” He pulled out a box from his pocket and opened it up.

“There is second that matches it but bigger.”

“I love it Jack” she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss.

“Sweet” he said and then they kissed again.