samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Just then the doorbell rang and everyone looked at one another.

“I’ll get it, Sam.”

“Thanks Dad; I wonder who it is at this time of night.”

Jacob left to see who was at the door. Sam had another look at the ring on her finger while still smiling. Then Jacob walked back into the room with someone behind him.

“Walter, is everything alright?” Hammond asked.

“I think so sir. This arrived a couple of hours ago from the President, Sir. He also called to order me to find you and to give it to you straight away and I knew you would be here sir” he passed the big yellow envelope to him.

“Thank you Walter and Merry Christmas.”

“Thank you sir and Merry Christmas to you all” Hammond opened it up and pulled out the letter, read it and smiled.

“George?” Jacob asked. He passed the letter to Jacob, who read it and broke out in a smile.

“Ok, what gives? You two are grinning like the ‘cat who caught the canary’ look.”

“Well, the President has given you two a Christmas present.”

“What is it, a pay raise?” Jack asked.

“Yes it is, Brigadier General Jack O’Neill” he said, smiling.

“Is this a joke?”

“No and you also are been transferred, temporarily.”

“What?” both Jack and Sam shouted, in shock.

“Where?” Sam asked.

“Don’t worry Sam; he will still be here in the spring. It is the project he has been working on for troubled youths.”

“Sam, you know what that means?” he said smiling.

“Yes Jack I do.”

“There is more.”

“More?” they said, at the same time.

“Yes; Jack, you may now kiss Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter, the new leader of SG1,” he said smiling.

They were in shock with the news and then Jack pulled Sam into his arms and kissed her. Walter was happy and shocked at the news but what shocked him the most was the ring on her left hand. Jacob noticed that he had his mouth open and he walked over to him.

“Are you ok?”

“Ah yes; I didn’t know that Major I mean Colonel Carter was engaged sir.”

“If you had arrived fifteen minutes earlier, you would have seen it happen.”

“But, what about the regs?”

“What regs? Look at this.”

Jacob showed Walter the letter and he read it and then he noticed the date on it was the twenty-third and he nodded and smiled.

“I better go home sir.”

“Sure; I’ll show you to the door and I know you will be spreading the good news to everyone.”

“Yes sir” Jacob showed Walter the door and said good night before closing the door and returning to the family. Walter whipped out his cell phone.

“Hey Craig, its Walter… Merry Christmas to you too, can you do me a big favour… spread the word, Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter have both been promoted… No, I’ve seen the letter… yes that one… and Colonel, I mean General O’Neill, has been transferred off SG1… yes he will be still in the Springs. He has a good reason to stay” he said smiling to himself.

“Yes, that’s right Colonel Carter… and guess what General O’Neill got her for Christmas… no… an engagement ring… I saw it on her finger… sapphire and diamond from the look of it. It’s old, like a family heirloom… no, from the date of the letter it happened two days ago… Oh yeah, I’m sure they would love that… ok, see you on Thursday, good night and Merry Christmas.”

He hung up as he opened the door to his car and got in and closed it and drove home, with a big grin on his face.

When Jacob returned, they were all talking at once.

“Where is Walter?” Hammond asked.

“Gone home but I noticed that he was on the phone as he was walking to his car.”

“Oh well, everyone on the base will know about it by morning.”

“True. Well, I’m headed to bed, good night all and congratulation’s to the both of you.”

“Thanks Dad” Sam said and gave him a hug.

“I better head on home myself, night all and congratulations you two.”

“Thanks sir” Sam said.

“Night all” everyone said good night to General Hammond as Jack and Sam walked him to the door.

“See you two on the fifth. Come in your dress blues for the promotions ceremony.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Sam gave him a kiss on the cheek before he left for home. Ten minutes later everyone was in bed. Teal’c kel-no-rem’d in the family room and watched over the presents and made sure the kids didn’t try to sneak a peak early.

Karen and Joan shared one bedroom while Cassie slept in one of the girls’ beds. Daniel and Janet shared one bedroom while Jonas and Sarah shared another bedroom. When Jack and Sam were in bed, they made passionate love before falling asleep in each others arms.