samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please...sorry no photos, i lost them when my other hard drive crash and couldn't get them back, sorry


“Hey, how was the bath?”

“Good, how is the house?”

“Still in one piece but your Dad is in trouble.”

“Oh no; what has he done to Jack?”

“Well, let’s just say that all the guys who were there today know most of your secrets.”

“What happened?”

“Remember what we did to you to find out how well you knew Jack?” Sam’s eyes widened.

“He didn’t?” Laura nodded and Sam closed her eyes.

“Dad knows that it wasn’t his cooking that made you, well….”

“Fart” Karen said giggling.

“What did Jack say it was?”

“Mexican chilli beans” they all laughed and Sam went red.

“Dad is in so much trouble for what he and Jack did.”

“If he had been lying he would have been pricked by him.”

“Thanks for telling me.”

They all sat down and enjoyed the hot soup and talked for a while. After lunch Laura got started on doing everyone’s hair since she worked in a beauty parlour as a hairdresser. She started off with Karen and Joan and when they were done, moved on to Janet, Sarah and Cassie. Once everyone’s hair was in rollers, she started on Sam’s hair which was almost down the back of her neck; she had been planning on cutting it after the New Year. Once Sam’s hair was washed, Laura styled her hair back and once she was done she put the tiara in place. She stepped back and smiled. The tiara was heart shaped, with six half hearts on each side of the center heart, in rhinestone crystals .

“Sam, wow it suits you” Cassie said when she saw her.

“Thanks Cassie.”

Janet made them all a drink while Laura started working on Karen. Laura styled the girls’ hair and put purple and white silk roses in their hair. They talked and laughed while Laura was working. She did her own hair last and by the time she was finished everyone’s make up was on and she did their nails for them.

By the time they were done with their hair, make up and nails it was two o’clock. They all changed into they’re dresses and then they helped Sam into her wedding dress. After she was dresses, she made an announcement,

“I’ve got some thing for you” and she opened up a paper bag and took out some boxes and passed one to each of them. When they opened them up,

“Sam, thank you I love it” Cassie said as they all thanked her. Joan and Karen were given an 18ct gold bracelet each with their names on them. Janet, Cassie, Sarah and Laura received a pearl necklace and a matching pair of earrings. They loved their gifts and put them on. By that time the limo had arrived.

“Let’s get this show on the road.”

They put their coats on and carried their bouquets out to the limo. Cassie was carrying Laura’s bag because she and Janet were carrying Sam’s train. Once they were all in the car they were on their way to the church.

The men played games for an hour and a half before going to have their showers and get dressed for the wedding. Andy had joined them since he was one of the groomsmen. Half an hour later they were all ready to leave; Jack and Jacob were in their dress blues while the groomsmen were wearing black suits with white shirts, Victorian lilac vests and ties and a white rose in the button hole. He gave them all 18ct gold cufflinks as a gift which they appreciated. A few minutes later the limo arrived to take them to the church.

Twenty minutes later they arrived in the Air Force Cadet Chapel, where the security was tight because of the important guests who were expected to attend the wedding. They went inside and looked the Chapel over. There were purple and white roses on both sides of the center aisle and two large baskets at the front of the church. The Chaplain came in and shook Jack’s hand. They talked for a couple of minutes before he left to get ready. The organist started playing normal church wedding songs as background music while the guest’s were being seated.

“Jack” Daniel called out and Jack walked over to the door to see cars starting to arrive.

“Our guests have started to arrive”.

When the guest started arriving they greeted them before they walked into the Chapel and found a seat. Twenty minutes later all of the guests had arrived and been scanned for security reasons before going in side. When it was time, they walked up to the alter except for Jacob who was waiting for Sam.

A few minutes later the bride’s limo arrived and they got out and hurried up the steps and inside. They removed their coats off and passed them to the security guards and then they arranged themselves in the order they would walk down the aisle.

Jacob looked at his daughter for the first time and smiled; she was wearing an ivory, off the shoulder, two piece organza gown with a shoe laced back, a-line re-embroidered lace skirt, and detachable royal train with lace appliqués. Her veil was an ivory triple layered that went down her back with the fourth that was longer that same length as her train with peal edging . She was wearing her mother’s pearl necklace and earrings. Her bouquet was made up of teardrop white roses.

“Sam, you look beautiful.”

“Thanks Dad” she said smiling.

Then he turned to look at his grand daughters; they were wearing satin A-line dresses with a draped chiffon neck line and thin straps over their shoulder. Their bouquets were made up of purple and white roses that matched the ones in their hair.

“You girls look beautiful in your dresses.”

“Thanks grand dad; you look great in your uniform” Karen said.

“Thanks kiddo” he said smiling.

Then he looked at Cassie, Janet and Laura; they were wearing georgette spaghetti strap A-line Empire waisted dresses with a wrap shawl. They were carrying round bouquets of purple and white roses.

“You ladies all look beautiful; shall we begin?”

“Yes Dad; ok girls you remember what you have to do?” They nodded.

“Ok, let’s do this.”

Once they all were in place, Jacob gave the nod and an Airman clicked his radio twice and the music started. The doors opened and Joan went down the aisle first, then Cassie gave Karen a small nudge as she was next to walk down, smiling. When Mark turned around, he saw his two daughters and he smiled at them. Then Cassie started walking down the aisle and then a few seconds later, Laura started down with Sarah right behind her.

Mark’s smile got even bigger when he saw Laura and when she saw him she returned the smile. When Jonas saw Sarah his smile got even bigger than usual. When it was Janet’s turn to come down the aisle, she gave Daniel a big smile and he was grinning like a fool.

Just as Janet reached the alter the music changed and everyone stood up as Jacob and Sam started walking down the aisle. Jack turned around to see Sam walking towards him; their eyes met and he mouthed to her ‘beautiful’. When she reached the alter Jacob put her hand into Jack’s and then went to sit down next to George Hammond and the ceremony began. Jack and Sam looked into one another’s eyes the whole time and half an hour later the Chaplain pronounced them husband and wife.

When Jack lifted her veil over her head, he looked into her eyes as he stepped forward and, cupping her face in his hands, kissed her. They wrapped their arms around each other with out breaking the kiss. Everyone smiled and waited for them to come up for air and there were a few chuckles from the front of the church. When they did come up for air,

“I love you Mrs O’Neill.”

“I love you Mr O’Neill” they whispered to each other and then kissed again. The Chaplain introduced them to the congregation and everyone clapped and cheered them on.

After Janet passed Sam her bouquet and she put her arm through his, they headed up the aisle, smiling at everyone as they passed. Their friends and the photographer were all taking photos of the happy couple.

Janet and Daniel were next, then Jonas and Sarah, Mark and Laura and then Andy and Cassie. The little kids followed with Karen and Joan on each side of Brian. When they walked out in the foyer Janet and Sarah quickly and carefully picked up Sam’s train before everyone else walked out to congratulate the happy couple.

They talked to the guest’s for about fifteen minutes before they left for the photographer’s studio where they were having their photos taken. Some of the guests were invited to join them to have their photo’s taken. The studio was amazing; all they had to do was pose in front of a big green screen.

Once all the photos were taken, the photographer’s assistant, who was also his wife, showed them what could be done about the backgrounds and they were amazed at what could be done these days. After the photos were done, they left for the hotel for the wedding reception.

Jack and Sam went to the reception desk to sign in and get the key for their hotel room. Janet and Sarah carefully took Sam’s train and long veil off and Jack passed them the key so that they could take them up to their room with their overnight bags. Everyone else was already inside waiting for Janet and Sarah. A few minutes later they came into the room and walked up to the front and sat down at the bridal table.

George was standing at the entrance with a cordless microphone;

“Ladies and gentlemen, please stand for the arrival of Jack and Sam O’Neill.”

Everyone stood up and clapped as Jack and Sam walked into the room hand in hand and smiling. They walked over to the bridal table and Jack pulled Sam’s chair out for her and she sat down and then Jack took his seat next to her. Everyone else sat down and started talking among themselves.

Over the next four hours they enjoyed a four-course meal during which the wedding toast was offered and the speeches from their friends made them blush and had everyone laughing at the different stories about them. When it was time for the first dance, Jack stood up and held out his hand to Sam and she stood up from the table and they walked out into the middle of the dance floor and the music began.

I am amazed when I look at you,
I see you smiling back at me,
It's like all my dreams come true.
I am afraid if I lost you,
I'd fall through the cracks and lose my track,
In this crazy, lonely world.

Sometimes it's so hard to believe,
When my nights can be so long,
And faith gave me the strength,
It keeps me going on.

You are the love of my life,
And I'm so glad you found me,
You are the love of my life,
Baby put your arms around me,
I guess this is how it feels,
When you finally find something real.
My angel in the night, you're my love...
The love of my life.

Now here you are,
With midnight closing in.
You take my hand as our shadows dance,
With moonlight on your skin.
I look in your eyes,
I'm lost inside your kiss.
I think if I'd never met you,
about all the things I'd missed.

Sometimes it's so hard to believe,
When a love can be so strong,
And faith gives me the strength,
it keeps me going on.

You are the love of my life,
And I'm so glad you found me,
You are the love of my life,
Baby put your arms around me,
I guess this is how it feels,
When you finally find something real.
My angel in the night, you're my love...
The love of my life.

You are the love of my life,
And I'm so glad you found me,
You are the love of my life,
Baby put your arms around me,
I guess this is how it feels,
When you finally find something real.
My angel in the night, you are my love...
My angel in the night, you are my love...
The love of my... life

They slowly danced around the floor, with their arms around each other as they looked into one another’s eyes and kissing until the end of the song. All of the guest watched them and took photos and smiled at them.