samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“At ease” President Henry Hayes said.

“As you all know today is a special day for promotions for some of you and I’m honoured to give them to the people in question. Two of them you already know so without further ado; it gives me great pleasure to finally promote Colonel Jonathon O’Neill to Brigadier General. Colonel O’Neill, please step forward.” Jack walked up the ramp to receive his first star. The Chief of Staff removed Jack’s eagles and replaced them with a star on each shoulder, while the President continued to speak.

”Colonel O’Neill, you already knew that you were being promoted last year; this is to confirm it even if it is two weeks late” and everyone chuckled.

”Congratulations, General O’Neill.”

“Thank you sir” Jack responded and then he saluted and the Chief of Staff returned the salute. Then he walked back down the ramp, standing next to Sam.

“It has been given to me the great privilege to announce the promotion of Major Samantha Carter to Lieutenant Colonel Carter; Major, please step forward.” Sam walked up the ramp and stood at attention while the Chief of Staff swore her in. While that was happening George and Jacob removed her oak leaves and replaced them with the eagles. Once done, she saluted them all before walking back down the ramp and standing next to Jack.

“It has also given me great pleasure to promote Major General George Hammond to Lieutenant General; General please step forward.” Everyone was surprised at the news including General Hammond himself. Henry and Jacob pinned his third star on with smiles on their faces.

“Thank you, sir” He saluted and the Chief of Staff returned it and then he stepped back to where he was before.

“There is one more promotion; I have the great privilege to announce the promotion of Major General Jacob Carter to Lieutenant General.”

Jacob and Selmac were stunned at the news. He stepped forward to receive his third star just as Hammond had done just before.

“And now that General Carter has been promoted, I have also granted his request for retirement, since he now lives off world. So, after some talk with the Chief of Staff and going over his service record, we thought of promoting him first. At least he can now retire as a three star general and he can, if he wants to, still wear his dress blues for any Air Force occasion.”

Everyone was happy for him since they had gotten to know him since his blending with Selmac five and half years ago and they knew who his daughter was.

“It gives me great pleasure to promote Major Janet Fraiser to Lieutenant Colonel, please step forward” Janet stepped forward to have her oak leaves replaced with eagles. When that was done and she was back where with the others the President continued,

“There has been a request made by quite a few officers about one member of the SGC and, after giving this request careful thought, it has been determined that we grant this request. It is now my honor to announce that Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter is to be awarded the Air Medal and the Air Force Medal of Honor, in recognition of her performance as both a field soldier and a scientist for the past eight years. Everyone was stunned at the news.

They knew that few people have received the Air Force Medal of Honor and how hard it was to qualify for it but they were all pleased that Sam, one of them, was to be awarded it considering all that she had done for them, the SGC, their allies and for Earth. Sam stepped forward to receive her two metals and then she returned to her spot next to Jack.

“After I read the reports that come from here, I am amazed at what you all do and how well. Keep up all the good work that you are doing and happy New Year to you all.”

“Company dismissed” Hammond announced.

As soon as that was said, Jack turned and pulled Sam to him and kissed her in front of everyone. They all clapped and cheered them on. Daniel did the same with Janet. Hammond, Jacob, the President and the Chief of Staff stood, watching them, with grins on their faces.

”At least everyone is happy” Jacob said.

“True.”

“When do you have to leave Henry?” Jacob asked.

“Soon I’m afraid; I’ve got a meeting on the hill this afternoon.”

“Well, there is something you can take back with you.”

“What’s that?”

“Wedding photos.”

“Done already?” he was shock that their wedding photos were done so quickly.

“Yes; they are in Jack and Sam’s quarters.”

“I wouldn’t mind see them before we go.”

“Ok” they walked through the room, mingling for a bit before leaving the gate room.

Jacob had Teal’c, Daniel and Jonas help him get the pictures to the briefing room. When they arrived at the briefing room, they took all of the pictures out and stood them on the table before Hammond, Jack, Sam, the Chief of Staff and Henry walked in. When they came in, they saw all of the big pictures out on display.

“Wow” Henry said when he saw them. They looked around the room at the photos.

“What do you think sir?” Sam asked.

“Incredible” and they smiled.

“Sir, when you leave you can take this one with you” Jack said, standing next to the photo with Henry in it.

“Thank you, General.”

“There are other copies as well; we will go and get them for you sir/”

“Thank you for showing me all of these.”

”Your welcome sir” they left the briefing room. Jack asked Daniel to look after them and to tell the personnel that they could look but not touch.

Jack, Sam, the Chief of Staff and the President headed to the surface with their bodyguards. When they arrived on the surface, Jack and Sam walked over to Sam’s SUV and took the packages out. One of the Secret Service agents scanned the boxes to make sure there were no bombs. Once they were cleared, they were put into the back of the SUV.

When done Jack and Sam said their good byes and watched them leave before heading back into the mountain. They went to their quarters to get changed into their BDU’s and while there they made love, since Jack were still hard from earlier. Afterwards they cleaned up and dressed before heading to the briefing room. When they got there they found that there was a line of personnel going in and out. Jack saw Jacob in Hammond’s office, so they joined them.


“Hey what’s up?”

“We were just talking about the Ancient device that we were talking about the other night.”

“Ah, so what’s the plan?”

“I’ve sent a message to the Tok’ra Council with a request for me to stay a bit longer. I explained to them about the device and where it might be; I’m just waiting for them to reply. I also gave them the good news about you two.”

“Ok; sir have you seen the photos?”

“Yes I have Jack, before everyone showed up. They are great and I’m looking forward to having mine on the wall at home.”

“Good” then the alarms went off.

“Off world activation; General Hammond to the control room.”

The four of them left the office and headed down to the control room just as the worm hole formed and the iris closed.

“Getting a GDO; it’s the Tok’ra.”

“Open the iris.”

Then the iris opened and two figures walk out of the gate and it shut down. They all went down to the gate room.

“Anise, Malak welcome to earth,” Jacob said.

“Thank you for your welcome; we have come to find out more about the device you were talking about.”

“Sure, this way.”

“I’ll go and get Daniel.” Jack said, leaving the room while the others left for Daniel lab. Hammond went back to his office. A few minutes later they were in Daniel’s lab waiting for him to arrive.

“Major Carter we heard the news about you and Colonel O’Neill’s marriage, congratulations.”

“Thank you Malak and it Colonel Carter now.”

“Congratulation on your promotion, is that right?” Sam smiled.

“Yes it is and Jack is a General now” just then Jack and Daniel walked into the room.

Daniel went to get his grandfather’s journal and returned with it.

“Teal’c is looking after the photos upstairs.”

“Ok”

Then Daniel started talking and explained to them all about the device that Telchak had and what Selmac told him about the fight between him and Anubis. After telling them everything and explaining what it could do if they found it, he looked at the two Tok’ra in front of them.

“Just imagine all the Tok’ra you would be able to save with this device.” Daniel said.

“We will speak to the Council about this.”

“I’ll return with you” Jacob said and they agreed.

“I’ll go as well, if it is ok with General Hammond.” Daniel said.

“I’ll go and get changed” Jacob left and Daniel left not long afterwards.

“Well, let’s head back to the gate room.”

They headed back to the gate room and waited for a couple of minutes for Jacob to arrive. When he did, he was changed into his Tok’ra clothes and then the gate started dialling.

“Well Dad, we will be here when you return” Jack said.

“I hope so,” he said, grinning. A moment later the worm hole was formed and Daniel came running into the gate room.

“Wait, I’m coming; General Hammond is letting me go with you guys.” he said as he zipped up his vest.

“Ok then, let’s go; bye Sam” Jacob said, giving her a hug.

“Bye Dad, we will see you soon.”

“Yes you might, take care of her Jack.”

“I will.”

Then the four of them walked up the ramp and through the gate and then it shut down a few seconds later.

“Let’s go and get all our wedding photo’s sorted out.” Jack said.

“Sure, why not?”

They headed to the briefing room to see the last of the personnel looking at the photos. When they were gone, Jack and Sam carefully put all the framed pictures back into their boxes and then took them to their quarters. After that they went to get some coffee and cake in the mess hall. Twenty minutes later they were in her lab. Jack was playing hearts while Sam was working on one of the alien devices.

Two hours later the alarms went off and they ran out of the lab and headed to the control room. When they arrived, the iris was open and two figures appeared through the gate and walked down the ramp. Jack and Sam headed down the stairs and into the gate room to see two smiling faces.

“We have a go,” Daniel said smiling.

“That’s great news” then Hammond arrived and he heard the news.

“Good, you can go; take Dr Lee with you and report in every three hours from when you land in Tegucigalpa.”

“Yes sir”

“Good luck Dad.”

“Thanks Sam” then they left the room leaving only Jack and Sam in the room.

“Don’t worry Sam, everything is going to be ok.”

“I know Jack.”

“Come on, it’s lunch time. Let’s go and grab something to eat before returning back work” they left the gate room and headed to the mess hall.

Later that evening Jacob called to let Hammond know that they had arrived and were going to start checking the first water fall and would contact him in three hours. Hammond then spoke to Jack, who was doing up a duty roster in the mess hall for his project, to let him know that Jacob had called.

Sam went home, dropped off the photos and packed a couple of bags for she and Jack before returning to the base. When she arrived back at the base, she had one bag over her shoulder, another in her hand and a bag of Mexican take out food in the other.

When she opened the door and walked in, Jack got up from the chair and went to help her by taking the bag and putting it on the bed while Sam manage to get the other one off her shoulder with Jack’s help and put it on the bed next to the other one. Sam walked over to the table and put the bag of food down, before opening it up and taking things out of it. Jack stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her neck.

“Mmm, what did you get us?”

“Chicken burritos and nachos for dinner.”

“My favourite.”

He kissed her neck one more time before getting them both a drink from the fridge and they sat down as Jack started on his first burrito.