samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


She continued until there was only one left and it was the leader. He didn’t know what was happening to his men until he clicked the gun at them.

“What are you doing here?”

“Ah, looking around.” Daniel said and then Sam turned the device off and the three men were shocked to see Sam standing behind the leader.

“I don’t believe you, kill them.”

“I don’t think so” Sam took the last dart and jabbed it up the guy’s ass and he turned around to see Sam smiling at him before he collapsed.

When Jack saw what Sam did he thought “ouch, that had to hurt”. Sam rolled him over and took the dart out.

“Hi guys” she said as they walked over to her.

“Sam, how?”

“Talk about it at the briefing.”

“Sam, how did you know we were here?” Daniel asked.

“Nightmare.”

“Oh, where’s Jack?” and just then Jack walked out from where he was hidden, grinning.

“Hi guys. Sam, he won’t be able to sit done for a month after what you just did to him.”

“Well, better him than you.”

“True, see you guys at home.”

“Ok; we are going to look for the device Jack.”

“No need, it’s already at the SGC.”

“What, when, how?”

“This way” Sam said. They followed her to where the hole was.

“When I removed the device, it must have deactivated the shield and it was only a matter of seconds when the wall started to gave way.”

“So, you have the device?” Dr. Lee asked and Sam smiled.

“Yes, I’ve got it in my lab.”

“Was there any writing on it?” Daniel asked.

“Yes there is. Don’t worry, it will still be there when you guys return. Jack and I are going to head back to base and see you when you guys return.”

“Ok, thanks for saving us, again.”

“No problem but you better start heading back. These guys are going to wake up in an hour rather cranky so you guys better get moving and we will see you when you get home.”

“Ok, thanks Sam.” Sam held on to Jack’s hand and they disappeared in a flash.

“We better get going. If we get back in time we can catch the late night flight back to the states” Jacob said.

“Well let’s get out of here before these guys wake up,” Daniel said.

They headed back to the village and from there they caught a ride back to the city airport and then back home.

When Jack and Sam arrived at the SGC, they went to her lab, after putting every thing away. She took the device out and took a lot of pictures of the device before she started studying it. Two hours later Jack dragged her away from it for some lunch. Half an hour later she returned to continue her work. Later that evening, Jack made her put it away. Once it was locked away they went to get some dinner before they went to their quarters for the night.

The next morning, when they walked into the mess hall, Jacob was sitting, eating his breakfast. Jack went to get their breakfast while she walked over to give Jacob a hug.

“Welcome back, where is Daniel?”

“He will be here soon, he is talking with Janet.”

“Ah, ok” she sat down across from him.

“Have you checked the device out yet?”

“Yep, I did for a while yesterday and the readings I got from it went off the scale.”

“Did you turn it on?”

“Yes but only for few seconds to get readings and then I turned it off.”

“Ok; Selmac is looking forward to studying it” and Sam smiled.

“I bet she is and I also hope that now that we have the device we can work together in making our own sarcophagus.”

“Yes, that would be good for both Tau’ri and Tok’ra” Sam nodded and then Jack walked over with a tray in hand.

“Morning Dad.”

“Jack” Jack put the tray down and sat next to Sam. They talked for a few minutes then Teal’c, Sarah and Jonas came in and got their breakfasts before joining the group. They talked for about ten minutes and then Daniel walked in and got himself a cup of coffee before joining them. They looked at him and smiled as Sarah passed him a tissue.

“What?”

“Daniel, you better wipe the lipstick off your lips” Jacob said.

“Oh, thanks” and he wiped it off.

They continued talking until it was time for the briefing. When they arrived in the briefing room they all sat down and General Hammond joined them and the briefing began. Sam told them about her dream and what could have happened to Daniel, Jacob and Dr Lee. When she finished, she then told them what she and Jack did right up until Jack appeared from behind the trees. An hour later they were dismissed and they all headed to Sam’s lab, where she got the device out for them to look at for the first time and she showed Jacob and Selmac the readings she had gotten from it so far.

For the rest of the day, Sam and Jacob worked on the device while Jonas and Daniel worked on the translations carved on the device. Teal’c was helping Sarah with some translations and Jack went into town to the Police Department to read the files on the kids that were going to be in the first boot camp.

That evening Jack and Sam went home for the first time in four days. They enjoyed lying in the bath together, able to relax and talk while enjoying their wine. Half an hour later they were in bed, making passionate love before snuggling in one another’s arms and falling asleep.

The next morning Jack and Sam had breakfast at home before they left the house together. Jack and six other men and women, dressed in BDU’s were meeting at the boot camp site that Jack had picked out, in the middle of nowhere, while Sam left for the SGC to help her Dad to continue working on the device.

When Jack arrived at the camp he greeted the six officers who were going to be there for starts. They talked for about a half an hour. Jack told them each of the kids’ names and a bit about their back grounds so that they would know what they were getting themselves into. The truck showed up and all of the kids got out of the truck. They all knew what they were getting themselves into. Once all the teenagers had gotten out with their backpacks, Jack spoke to them all about why they were there, the rules, everything. Then the six officers showed them where they would be sleeping, and where the bathrooms and showers were.

Once they were sorted out and they were all changed into overalls and boots, they were taken into a room where there were tables and chairs. Once they were all seated Jack asked them to write down why they did what they did and got into trouble. He then left them to write, while two of the officers stayed with the group.

In the afternoon, after lunch, they all sat around in a circle and Jack and the officers asked the kids different questions about themselves and their family backgrounds. Jack was taking notes about each of the kids while listening to their stories. At three o’clock six new officers arrived to take over the shift. They talked and Jack put them into teams of four and they would have chores to do, like cooking, cleaning, etc. That evening they had hot dogs for dinner and hot chocolate. While they were talking one asked Jack a question;

“General O’Neill, why did you join the Air Force?” they all looked at Jack, waiting for his answer.

“Well, I was given a choice, the Air Force or jail when I was your age.”

“What did you do wrong?”

“I got mixed up with the wrong people and got busted for something. The lawyer saw something in me and looked at my records and he talked to the Judge and he gave me the option. That was almost thirty years ago.”

“Are you married?”

“Yes I am” He showed them his left hand

“What does your wife do, if you don’t mind being asked?”

“My wife is also in the Air Force.”

“What is her name?”

“Lt. Colonel Dr. Samantha Carter; she has a PHD in theoretical astrophysics.”

“No way you are married to Dr Carter. I read her book a couple of years ago on the theory of wormhole physics in school.”

“Yep, that’s her alright,” he said smiling.

“Wow, man, she must be really smart?”

“Yes she is and she worked very hard for her to get to where she is today and I’m proud of what she has accomplished by herself and you guys can do it to if you finish school. Study hard and try to make your own dreams come true, Sam has. She wanted to go into space and has done that and much more.”

”Go to school? That is so boring.”

“Why is it boring?”

“Well, the teachers go on and on.”

“What did you want to do when you grow up?” Jack asked the kids, looking at each one of them.

They all had different ideas on what they wanted to do with their lives and what caused them to lose their confidence in their dreams and in themselves. Once Jack had a fair idea of what each of them wanted to become he knew what he and his team had to do to help them build their confidence up again and hopefully get them on the right track.

Two hours later he said his good nights to them all before he left for the night. When he arrived home he was tired; Sam was waiting for him as soon as he walked in the door. They hugged and kissed

“How was your day?” she asked.

“Good, how was yours?”

“Great, Dad and I worked on the device and, if everything goes well, we might have the first sarcophagus by the end of the month.”

“Sweet” they walked upstairs to their bedroom and got ready for bed. Once they were in bed, they snuggled in one another’s arms while talking for a while before falling asleep an hour later.

The next morning they made love before getting up and having a shower and getting ready for work. They went to McDonalds for breakfast before going on to the SGC and the boot camp.

A week later Jacob returned to the Tok’ra to give them the good news about the device and fill them in about what he and Sam had accomplished in that time. They were all pleased that the device had been found and Jacob spoke to the Council about having a couple of scientists’ work with Sam and Dr Lee at the Alpha site. They agreed with the idea and Jacob sent a message to Hammond with the good news and that they had agreed to work at the Alpha site.