samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Better?” jack asked.

“Yes, just what I needed” he smiled and gave her a kiss.

They were standing in front of the maternity shop and they walked into the store to see what they had.

Sam tried some of the clothes on and they talked about each of the items. Once Sam was happy with the clothes she had chosen, including four swimsuits for pregnant women. An hour later they walked out of the shop with four bags between them.

On their way home they stopped at the ‘Babies ‘R’ Us’ shop. They looked around at the huge amount of things for baby. Since they only had half an hour before the shop closed, they decided to start buying some of the things that they would net. Since they knew that Sam was carrying twins, they bought two of everything, baby baths, backpacks, blankets, baby bottles, sleepers, bottle warmers, and baby monitors.

They walked up to the counter with a trolley full of things and they checked out.

When they arrived home Jack left Sam in the truck to sleep while he took care of bringing everything into the house. Once he was finished, he unbuckled Sam’s seat belt and he picked her up in his arms and carried her inside and upstairs to their bed room.

He lay her down on the bed and took her shoes off and covered her with a patchwork quilt. He sat on the bed next to her, watching her sleep until he remembered her saying that her pants were starting to get tight. He took them off her before putting the cover back over her. He gave her a kiss that made her smile and then he walked out of the room, partially closed the door and headed back downstairs.

He knew she was fussy when it came to new clothes, so he ran a load of the new clothes through the washer. While that was working, he walked back into the kitchen and made spaghetti and meatballs for their dinner.

When it was ready an hour later, he fixed two plates and put them onto a tray, with two glasses of apple juice and two bottles of water. He cleaned up the kitchen and then went into the laundry room and put the clothes into the dryer before taking the tray upstairs to their bedroom.

He put it on the wood chest at the end of the bed before waking Sam. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gave her a kiss that made her smile and moan.

“Sam” she opened her eyes and looked around/

“Are you hungry?”

“Yeah, Mmm… what is that that I smell?”

“Spaghetti and meat balls.”

“Sounds good, how did I get here?”

“I carried you up here and I let you get some sleep while I was taking care of everything, including dinner. So, if you can sit up I’ll pass you your dinner.”

Sam sat up and Jack stood up and walked to the end of the bed and picked up the extra pillows and put them behind Sam. Then he went and picked up the big tray and walked back and put it across her lap. He picked up one plate and fork while Sam picked up the other fork and started eating it.

“Mmm this is so good”

“I’m pleased that you like it, you know I could have let you sleep right through until the morning but if doc found out she would get those big honken needles out and shove them up my ass because I didn’t wake you for your dinner” Sam laughed.

“Yes she would and if she did I would kiss where she shoved them to make it all better” Jack leaned over and gave her a kiss.

“What would you like to do after dinner?” Jack asked.

“I would love to relax in the hot tub.”

“That can be arranged; I’ll go and turn it on now.”

“Thanks.”

Jack put his plate down and walked out of the room. Sam continued eating her dinner and a couple of minutes later Jack returned.

“It’s heating up and it will be ready in half an hour.”

“Thanks Jack” He sat down and picked up his plate and continued eating his dinner.

“What have you done with the clothes that we bought today?”

“They have been washed and are going through the drier now, so tomorrow you can wear whatever ones you like.”

“Thanks, Jack. I’m sorry I left you to do everything in the past few days.”

“Hey, we are following doctors orders, remember; and remember what I said about keeping you happy and that is what I’m going to do.”

“I know but it’s a shame that I can’t make you happy?”

“Sam, you have made me happy from the moment you walked into the briefing room almost eight years ago. The first time we made love I was happy and when you said yes when I proposed to you, when we got married, when I finally got you up to our cabin, all of this has made me happy. I think there was a bet on that; I’ll have to ask Ferretti about that one. You made me happy when you told me that I’m going to be a father; you have given me a second chance of being a father Sam. In other words, you have made me happy again and again and you will always make me happy.”

“I never thought of it that way.”

“Now you know, so eat up and then we can go and soak in the hot tub together” and he flicked his eyebrows at her, making her giggle.

They finished their dinner and Jack took the tray downstairs while Sam got undressed and put on one of the spa robes that Jacob had bought she and Jack for Christmas after he had seen the spa outside. She walked out of their room just as Jack was walking toward her.

“The spa is ready, I’ll go and get changed and meet you outside.”

“Ok, just don’t be too long.”

“I won’t” he gave her a kiss before going into the bedroom.

Sam went downstairs and out to the back deck where the spa was; she put her hand in the water and checked the temperature. She looked around their back yard before taking her robe off and getting into the tub and then she turned the jets on and sat back and relaxed.

After a few minutes later Jack came out, wearing his robe, and carrying a tray with a bowl of sliced strawberries bananas, grapes, apple, pineapple and nectarines. There were also chocolates, pretzels and bottles of water. He put the tray down on the table next to the spa and he took his robe off and then climbed in.

“What’s all this?”

“This is a healthy, sweet snack for my beautiful wife.”

“Then you shall be rewarded.”

She moved over to where he was sitting and stood up and stepped forward and straddled his lap facing him and then she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a passionate kiss.

“Mmm perhaps I should do this more often if I’m going to get rewarded like this.” he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.

They stayed in the hot tub for over an hour and half. They talked and they feed one another fruit and chocolates. Afterwards they went back inside and Jack took care of the tray while Sam went into the laundry room pick what clothes she was going to wear in the morning.

They went upstairs to their bedroom and she joined Jack in the shower. Twenty minutes later they were in bed snuggling and before they knew it they were asleep.

Over the next couple of weeks Sam was busy in the lab while Jack was conducting interviews for to fill the leader’s jobs at the boot camp, from the personnel he had contacted from his list. Lou Ferretti was one of them. He had lost the vision in his left eye after the second mission to Abydos and he had been given a medical discharge.

Ferretti already knew about the Stargate program but had been unable to work because he was not allowed to drive because of the loss of vision in one eye. Jack went to visit him and told him about the job.

“Jack, I would love to but you know I’m not allowed to drive.”

“I know that but do you still have your drivers licence?”

“Yes; in fact, it expires today” Jack smiled.

“Come with me.”

“Jack?”

“Lou, you know about the stargate program; if I can help you to get 20/20 vision back in both eyes will you take the job?” Lou looked at Jack and since he trusted him with his life, if he said that he could get his vision back then he would.

“Ok; if I do get my vision back in both eyes and I do get my licence, I’ll do it. You have yourself a deal” and they shook hands.

“Good, come with me.”

Jack took Lou to the SGC and they went down to level twenty-two and then to the infirmary. When they walked in Lou saw a tall box standing in one corner and it was open. Janet was standing next to it.

“Hey, doc is it ready?”

“Yes, it is sir.”

“Good; Lou, take your jacket off and get into the box.”

“Why?”

“Trust me, ok?”

“Ok” he took his jacket off and got into the box.

“Close your eyes and relax, I’ve got to close the lid now, ok?”

“Ok.”

Lou relaxed and closed his eyes as Jack closed the lid. Lou was asleep within seconds.

“Let me know when he wakes up.”

“Sure thing, sir.”

Jack left for the surface to meet the next man on his list who was coming for his interview for one of the jobs. By the time Jack finished interviewing the third man, it was lunchtime and he went down to the infirmary to see if everything was ok with Lou. When he walked in, there was only a nurse on duty and when she saw him,

“Are you looking for Dr Fraiser sir?”

“Yeah; what happened to Lou Ferretti? He was in here two hours ago with the doc.”

“Oh, Colonel Carter was taking him to the control room.”

“Ok thanks.”

He left the infirmary and he was heading to the control room when he heard Sam’s laughter coming from the gate room. He walked in and found Lou, Daniel, Sam, Hammond and some of the personnel who had been there since the reopening of the Stargate almost eight years ago.

“Hey, how come I wasn’t invited to this get together,” Jack said from the door way into the gate room, with his hands in his pocket and then he walked in.

“Oh, these guys have been filling me in on your advances in the past seven years.” Lou said, grinning.

“Ah, ok” he stood next to Sam.

“Daniel was telling him about Christmas four years ago, when someone hung a big piece of mistletoe from the ceiling just above the ramp and you kissed me in front of all the airmen, General Hammond and Dad.”

“Oh yeah, that was a good year.” he said, grinning.

“It must have been Jack, when General Carter chased you around the SGC for five hours” Lou said and they all laughed.

“Yes well, that was then and this is now” he put his arm around Sam’s shoulders.

“Jacob wasn’t happy that day. When I finally found him I took him to the gate room and showed him why Jack had kissed Sam. I reminded him that if he killed him Sam wouldn’t talk to him ever again. Also I reminded him that if his butt needed saving, she wouldn’t save it with out Jack with her, watching her six.”

“And a lovely one it is ….ow, Sam!” she pinched his butt and smiled.

“Yes it is, Jack” then she patted where she pinched it, causing the others to chuckle.