samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 2

Half an hour later the machine stopped and the shields disappeared. Sam opened her eyes and blinked a few times. She turned and smiled at Eggar and Wodan.

“Thank you for what you have done” She stepped down with help from Jack and they looked at each other as he pulled her into a hug.

“Thank you” he said looking at Eggar. When they pulled apart, she turned around and looked at the two men before stepping over and giving them each a hug.

“I would like to look at this machine and help you and your people return to normal. When we are done, we can help you with what you need. Alebran said your people have been sick for a long time.”

“Yes, I know that you will send your doctors to help us and find out why we have been ill for such a long time.”

“Yes; that is the least we can do to help” Eggar looked into Sam’s mind and he could see that she loved Jack and the reasons that they couldn’t be together. He knew she spoke the truth.

“Thank you, we will need your help” Sam smiled as she turned to look at Jack.

“Sir, I would like to stay here and take a look at this machine and help them out.”

“Nope, you are coming back with us and have the Doc take a look at you, to make sure you are ok. No offence Eggar but we’ve got to follow rules. We will be back.”

“We will be awaiting your return.”

“Ok, let’s go home” They walked out of the room and headed to the Stargate. Woden passed Jack his GDO.

“Thank you, we will send some others through until we can return.”

“We understand.”

When they reached the gate, Sam dialled home and Jack sent the code through. They said their good-byes before they walked through to the SGC and the gate closed down.

As they walked down the ramp they heard Hammond’s voice.

“Welcome back SG1, how did it go?”

“Well sir, we need to send at least three SG teams and a medical team to the planet with food, blankets, and things like that. Carter wants to play with a toy there but she needs to be checked out first. Nirrti altered her, like she did to Alebran but Eggar was able to return her back to normal, I think.”

“Ok, get checked out and we will debrief in an hour. In the mean time I’ll send SG2, 5 and 8, along with a medical team, to the planet.”

“Thank you Sir. Oh and Nirrti is dead, so we might as well let the Tok’ra know.”

They left for the infirmary while Hammond sorted out the three teams and the medical staff to go off world. He then sent a message to the Tok’ra advising them about Nirrti. After they were given the all clear Janet told Sam she needed to drink two bottles of water before going off world, which she did. After the briefing they geared up and Sam packed the tools she would need off world. They walked into the gate room to see the three SG teams and medical staff waiting there with boxes and two ‘FRED'S’ loaded up with supplies.

When the wormhole was formed, Hammond called out.

“SG1, 2, 5, 8 and medical team, you have a go. Just remember that Colonel O’Neill is in charge.”

“Ok campers, let’s move out.”

Teal’c went first, with Jonas second. Sam used one of the remote’s to move one of the ‘FRED’s’ up the ramp and through the gate and she followed right behind it. Then the others followed her, with Jack last. They spent three days on the planet helping the remaining villagers out and also finding out why they were all ill.

Sam and Eggar worked on the machine and helped transform everyone back to normal and then the medical staff checked them over. Sam did Eggar last. Once he was back to a normal human, he was pleased and afterwards he went to have a check up while Sam was looking at the device more closely. When Eggar returned she had moved on to looking at the power source.

“Major Carter”

“Yes”

“I’ve spoken to the other villagers and we all agree that we are going to destroy this machine” Sam was shocked.

“What, why?”

“Because of what Nirrti did to us; we do not want to take a chance and have another Goa’uld come and use it for their own reasons.”

“What if I can make it disappear?”

She told him about the Asgard, who they were and what was happening to their kind. She explained how they were trying to find the missing gene and what was happening to their race.

“You want to give it to the Asgard, who are friends and allies of your people?”

“Yes”

“You can contact them and they can take it away. I hope that it will help their race” Sam smiled her thanks.

“Thank you, I’ll go and send a message to them now.”

Then she ran out of the room and went looking for Jack. When she found him she told him what Eggar wanted to do and what she had said about the Asgard. A few minutes later he gave her a go to travel to the hall of wisdom to contact the Asgard. She gave him one of her special smiles that always melted his heart, before she headed to the Stargate. An hour later she returned, smiling.

“Good news sir, your buddy is on his way. He will meet us where the machine is.”

“Thor’s coming? Sweet; did they say when?” Sam looked at her watch.

“Five minutes sir.”

“Ok, let’s go” and they walked into the room where the machine was. Wodan and Eggar were there looking at the machine and they looked up when Jack and Sam walked into the room.

“The Asgard are on their way, they should be here any minute” Sam said.

“While we are waiting, did you find out anything interesting?” Jack asked.

“We don’t know how the Ancients worked it or how the power source could last this long.” Eggar said.

“I think it hasn’t been used in hundreds of years and see this black panel here?” Sam pointed out a ten centimetre square flat panel.

“Yes” Jack said, looking at it.

“Well, from the direction of the sun and the way the sun was shining on it, I think it is like a solar panel to charge up the power source that is in the machine.”

“Cool” Suddenly there was a bright light.

“Thor buddy, I’m pleased you could make it.”

“O’Neill, I came as soon as I received the council message.”

“Thanks for coming Thor, this is Eggar and Wodan. This is Thor Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet and a friend and allies of Earth.” They looked at the little grey alien.

“It is good to meet the friend and allies of O’Neill and Carter.”

“Yes, they are friends and allies of the Asgard. Major Carter is this the Ancient device you were talking about?”

“Yes Thor it is” Thor looked at it and then turned to Sam.

“I will take it to the Asgard scientists to study. This device might help save the Asgard until we can find the missing gene.”

“Sure, I know your people need all the help possible to save your race and I hope this will help.”

“I hope so too, Major Carter” Sam smiled.

“Thor, before you go; this panel here, I think it is some sort of solar panel. If so, you need to line it up with a sun and this device here might be the power source.” Sam pointed out the panel and power source device.

“Thank you for telling me Major Carter. I shall leave now and transport the device to my ship.”

“Ok, it’s been good to see you again.”

“You also Major Carter, O’Neill.”

“See you around buddy” Jack said and then there was a bright light and he was gone.