samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Chapter two

Over the next two days while the System Lords were on Earth, there was one problem after another; in the end, everything worked out for all parties. After the three System Lords had left through the Stargate, everyone was able to relax.

"O'Neill, Colonel Carter, I must speak to you both on another matter."

"Thor, what is it?" Jack asked. Suddenly, they were aboard Thor's ship.

"Woo! I'll never get used to that!" They looked at Thor.

"Thor, what is it?"

"One of the Asgard scientists has been experimenting on both you and Colonel Carter.

"What?" they both said at the same time.

"What sort of experiments, Thor?" Sam asked.

"For many years Loki has been causing you to be, as you call it, pregnant… O'Neill is the father."

"Thor, I would have known if I was pregnant."

"He did it while you both were sleeping. From what I have read, once you became pregnant, he put you into a modified stasis pod where you would not age but the child or children within you would, then he activated a time dilation field. In the bubble, the time passing would be nine Earth months, while on Earth the time would be one second."

"Wow…Thor how many kids are there?"

"Ninety-seven and you are with child now."

"What?" Once again, Thor had stunned them with his information.

"Holly Hannah… Thor, do you think you can find them all?"

Thor moved two stones and the display screen showed a map of the United States, then it showed 97 dots.

"Oh my God." They both were shocked when they saw where the dots were.

"Thor, I see that there are, what, twelve here… that's Colorado Springs and Denver."

"Yes, it is indeed, and there are sixteen of your children there." He zoomed closer so only Colorado Springs was displayed.

"Carter, that's the Academy." Jack pointed to one area. Sam smiled when she saw all sixteen dots there.

"They are following in our footsteps, Sir."

"Cool, I wonder who they are."

Thor walked over to another area and moved three stones then sixteen faces appeared. Jack and Sam looked at them; there were fourteen males and two females. Only six of them had blue eyes and half of them had blond hair.

"Thank you, Thor, for showing them to us," Sam said.

"All we need are names to go with these faces."

"I can do that, Sir, next week while I'm at the Academy."

"Ok."

"O'Neill, Colonel Carter, from what I have read, Loki made them follow in your footsteps."

"How?"

"With this device." He showed a hologram of a device that looked like a helmet.

"How often did Loki use the helmet on our children?"

"Only once, when they were small."

"Ok… Thor, after the children were born, where did Loki put them?"

"The first born were twins and were sent here." They saw a red dot and knew where it was.

"That's Peterson Air Force Base Hospital," Jack said.

"The question is: why there?"

"According to his logs, there was an accident and the first born were beamed down there and not to the local hospital where you lived at the time. Loki learned from you that you wanted to join the Air Force, so he has been sending your children to Air Force hospitals after they were born."

"When was the last time he was here?" Jack asked.

"Four months ago."

"I just can't believe what has happened… I'm a mother!"

"Yeah I know, Sam… but I'm a father and didn't know about it until few minutes ago, either." Sam turned to Jack.

"We're going to have to talk."

"I know."

"O'Neill, Colonel Carter, I shall return as soon as the Council has determined what is to be done with Loki."

"Thank you, Thor," Sam said.

"I must depart."

"We understand. Thank you for telling us about this."

"You are most welcome." Suddenly, in a flash of light, they were back in the briefing room.

"Carter, why don't I drop by your place say… 1900 hours? I'll bring some dinner so we can talk."

"I would like that… Sir."

"Ok well I better go and give the President an update."

"Yes, Sir." Sam walked to the door.

"Sam." She stopped and turned.

"Congratulations on your promotion, you deserve it."

"Thank you, Sir," she said smiling. She walked out the door while Jack walked into his office and called the President.

That evening, Jack arrived with pizzas and sodas. Sam heard his truck pull up outside so she walked to the front door and opened it to see him walking up the steps.

He smiled when he saw her. "Hey."

"Come on in."

Jack walked in then Sam closed the door, and then followed him into the dining room where he put the pizzas and the six pack on the table. He took off his leather jacket and put it over the back of the chair.

Then he sat down just as Sam sat and pulled out two sodas and put them on the table where they both could reach. Jack opened the first pizza box and let Sam serve herself while he opened his canned drink.

"I spoke to the President and he's pleased that things turned out Ok."

"That's good."

"He sent his congratulations on your promotion."

"Thanks for telling me. Did you tell him about what Thor told us?"

"Tomorrow… you and I are flying to Washington so we can tell him and General Ryan in perso, rather than over the phone." Sam looked at him.

"Why not over the phone?" She took a bite of the pizza.

"The lines have been tapped. George told me just after I took over the job; no one else knows except for General Ryan and the President."

"How did they know they were tapped?"

"George picked up on it just after we returned from our third mission, He knew that something was wrong with the line. It was confirmed for him the day the mission to PYX231 was cancelled, because he was called to Washington."

"Yes… he went there to tell the President in person."

"Yep, he got his people onto it saying that there is something wrong with the phone line. George was right, it was tapped by the NID."

"The NID, why?"

"Don't know. The President told them to stop tapping the lines; otherwise, their funding would be cut."

"What happened?"

"They had their funding cut, which they aren't pleased about, so they stopped…, for a while. Then they were at it again, only it turned out to be a group of rogue agents within the NID who been doing it all along."

"Really?"

"Yep, so don't tell anyone. Ok?"

"Sure, I understand. What time are we leaving in the morning?"

"I'll pick you up at 0800."

"Ok, so what should we do…? I mean about our children."

"I've been thinking about that; we could find out their names for one and then we can check to see how they are doing. As for the older ones, we can tell them, but first we need to get approval from the President."

"Ok. Which older ones, the ones who are at the academy?"

"Yes."

"Ok." They both ate and drank in silence for a few minutes until Sam spoke.

"Sir, when we return, I would like to transfer to the labs." He stared at her.

"Why?"

"Well, I am pregnant with twins and we don't know the effect gate travel will have on the baby."

"I understand. Since SG1 isn't due to go off world for a week, it will give us some time to get things sorted out with our kids."

"Yeah."

"So what are you going to do, after all this house is only a two bedroom?"

"Well, I've been thinking about that, I've been searching the web sites for a house and I have found one; it's not far from the Academy."

"Really?"

"Yes, if you like I can show you after dinner."

"Sure, I would like that."

"I've been thinking, I wonder how Mom and Dad are going to react to this news."

"Shocked, I suppose… Sam when I found out about your promotion, I sent a message to the Tok'ra. I was hoping that they would be here for the ceremony."

"Thanks for thinking of me, Sir."

"No worries. What about Mark, any ideas on when you're going to tell him?"

"I really don't know. I guess everything will be one step at a time. What about Sara and Charlie?"

"Good question… why don't we wait until we get the Ok from the President then take things from there?"

"Sounds good to me. What do you think Charlie's reaction is going to be?"

"Shocked, but happy. He always wanted a brother or sister… now he's going to have 97 of them." Sam smiled.