samandjack.net

Story Notes: Please read 'Jack secret' first to know what this story is about
Author's Notes: Please read 'Jack secret' first to know what this story is about


TITLE: Window of opportunity

AUTHOR: Alimoo1971

RATING: PG

SPOILERS: Season 8

CATEGORY: Romance

PAIRINGS: Jack & Sam

SUMMARY: Jack and Sam received an opportunity to finally be together with surprises along the way for them both

ARCHIVE: SJD, Yes. S/J NC17 Fanfic Archive, Fan fiction

DISCLAIMER: Ok, don't own characters. Made this story up, didn't make any money out of it, yada, yada, you know the rest.

FEED BACK: Yes Please

NOTES: I was thinking about this story during milking, so I decided to write it. Thank you Hazmat for beta reading this story. Please read 'Jack secret' first to know what this story is about

SONGS:

***********************************************

The next morning Jack accepted Sam's transfer when he got it in writing. She told Daniel and Teal'c the reasons why and they backed her and Jack all the way. During the week, Sam slowly packed everything up at her home and put her house up for sale.

By Friday she had all her furniture in storage since she started work at Area 51 on Monday. She had all her mail go to Jack's place since she was going to be out of town for the next few months and was spending her nights with Jack or on base anyway. That night the old team went to O'Malley's for dinner and talked.

Over the weekend Sam got everything sorted out in the labs and packed everything up by Sunday night. When she arrived home at Jack's place they had a quiet dinner and went to bed early and made love, talked, made love again and snuggled in one another's arms since it would be the last time for a while. On Monday morning Sam went with Jack in his truck since she was leaving her car and bike at his place while away. She was wearing her dress blues. They went to the mess hall to have breakfast with Daniel and Teal'c till it was almost time for her to beam to Area 51.

Daniel, Teal'c, Jack and Sam were down in the gate room, both Daniel and Teal'c gave Sam a hug good bye then Jack step forward with smirk on his face. He cupped her face and kissed her and dipped her in front of the ones who where in the control room and gate room. Everyone cheered them on. When they were upright and broke for air, they were grinning.

"Why not, it might settle some bets that have been going on for years and you're not under my command?"

"True."

"Call me."

"I will, love you."

"Love you too."

Then there was a bright light and Sam and her bags were gone, he turned around.

"Ok, back to work you lot." Everyone returned to work and the grapevine was working overtime that day. Over the next three months Sam was busy at Area 51, the Alpha Site, and the two new sites off world and the SGC.

When she was at the SGC it made Jack happy to see her and when she there for two days or more she went home with him so she could soak in the bath, make love to Jack three to five times in his house, and sleep in a comfortable bed snuggling up in his arms each night.

Once a month she and Jack beamed to his parents' place for a family meal, one time Jacob went with them since he was visiting Earth.

When it was Thanksgiving, their family and friends were invited to Jack's parents' place for the holidays. They all were having a wonderful time and found out stories about Jack that made everyone laugh and Jack groan.

After the big lunch and everything was cleaned up, they all went into the big living room and sat down and talked while the kids went outside to play. Sam went outside to see what the kids were playing and joined in on the fun. Mark walked outside and smiled to see Sam having fun. When she saw him, she walked over to him smiling.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah I'm ok, why, what's up?"

"Well, I've noticed how close you and the General are, and you're both sleeping together."

"Mark, spill it."

Sam saw Jacob walk outside and stopped when he heard them talking.

"Sam, Pete hasn't even been dead for five months and you're sleeping with your CO!"

"Mark, that's enough!" Sam said in an angry tone.

"For one, Jack isn't my commanding officer anymore; he hasn't been for over three months. I've transferred to another state and with my work, I might get a promotion in two years where I am."

"What if Pete was still alive?"

"Then I'd be still in Colorado."

"Do you love him?"

"Who?"

"The General?" Sam looked into her brother's eyes.

"For nine years I have been, ever since we met, but we hadn't acted upon it because of the regs, and now I'm not under his command. We can, but we are taking things slow, and just remember one thing Mark, Jack's always been there for me, through thick and thin."

"What about Pete?"

"When I was wounded from a mission and had two weeks off, I called Pete every day, when he said he was coming around for the weekend and didn't show up till two days later, you've got to wounder, and that's not all."

"What?"

"Come with me."

They went for a walk around the side of the house and down the driveway.

"When I was wounded, Jack looked after me till the weekend when Pete was supposed to come. When he didn't show up on Saturday night, I called Cassie to help me till Pete came, he didn't. On Tuesday when he did show up, well, instead of asking what had happened, he just yelled at me for cheating on him. I tried to explain, but he wouldn't listen."

"Why, what did he see?"

"I was on my bed, naked, with just a towel partly around me. I had had a shower, and Jack was there to help me since I couldn't walk far because of leg injury, among other injuries. Well, as I said, I was on the bed lying down, but the towel wasn't around me."

"What?!" he stopped and so did Sam.

"Mark, Jack has seen me naked before, and don't forget he was married once. The reason why was because he was putting a new dressing on my wound; here let me show you so you can understand."

Sam lifted up her top just so far. Mark's eyes widened when he saw the eight scars.

"And then there was my arm," she pointed to where the scars were.

"And then on my right leg, and there was my hand, my head and I had swelling and bruising on my hip and then there was my back. When he showed up in the morning, he ran me a salt bath, which is good for the wounds; while I was relaxing in the bath, he got me my meds since I was in some pain. He looked after me, hell he looked after his whole team," she said as she pointed out the areas where the scars and bruising were.

"That was the mission a couple of years ago?"

"Yes."

"Sam, what happened after Pete yelled out at you?"

"I yelled back, which didn't help my head, and Jack look at me then to Pete. He got off the bed, walked quickly over to Pete and grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall and he had words with Pete, and that was the last thing I remember… I passed out, when I woke up I was back in the infirmary and Jack was sitting on the bed next door playing with his yoyo."

"Why did you end up back in there, was it because of Pete yelling?"

"Yes, Jack told me after that he had had words with Pete, he turned around as saw me pale and unconscious. He walked over to me and tried to wake me, I wouldn't wake up. So he got my quilt and wrapped me up in it and he took me to his truck. He told me that Pete tried to stop him from taking me from the house by pointing his gun at us."

"What!" Mark was shocked with what Sam had just said.

"Even I was shocked, when I did see Pete, I had a go at him for what he did and he was lucky that Jack didn't speak to his boss about what he did."

"Why didn't he?"

"Because of Sam." They jumped and turned around.

"Dad."

"Sam, Mark, I heard everything, Jack told me what happened, he did it because he loved Sam and didn't want to ruin his friendship with her. Sam ended up taking a month off because her leg wound got infected and it took longer for her to heal," he stepped forward until he was next to Sam.

"Ok, do you trust him Dad?"

"Yes I do, he is a good… crazy guy. Mark, give him a chance and you will see what he is really like, like I have."

"Ok, I will."

"Good, if you have any questions, ask Jack."

"I'll think about it."

"Ok, come back inside, Jackie made us some Irish coffee."

"Sounds good to me," Sam said.

"Sure why not," they all turned and walked back up to the house while talking.

They all spent the afternoon playing games and giving one another a hard time. That evening they all had left overs for dinner. Sam cooked up the vegetables, making them into a stir-fry.

Mark was watching Jack try to put his hand into one of the woks and ended up getting his hand smacked from Sam. Jack whispered something in her ear, then pulled back and he gave her a smile, then he gave her kiss and tried again, only to get his hand smacked. When they pulled apart, Jack gave Sam a puppy look that made her smile, then she gave him a kiss.

"Jack was like that when he was little, too." Mark turned to see John standing next to him.

"What?"

"Jack. When he was little, he tried to take bits of meat from the pan but ended up getting his hand smacked for it, he hasn't changed."

"What was he like when he was younger?"

"He was a good boy when he was growing up, he gave his brothers and sisters a hard time. Although what family doesn't give one another a hard time?" Mark smiled.

"True, I always gave Sam a hard time, but I ended up with a black eye or a bloody nose for it. She was always like a tom boy when she was young." John chuckled.

"Well look at her now, she's grown up and in the Air Force and happy."

"Yeah, she sure has changed in the last few years."

"They both have, and now they've got a chance to be together where they couldn't before."

"Sam's transfer?"

"Yes. I've never seen Jack so happy since Charlie was born, and now he got his happiness back, thanks to Sam coming into his life."

"Yeah."

"If you're worried about Jack hurting Sam, well don't think about it, he loves her to death, he hasn't hit any women or girl, that's one thing we taught our kids when they were young, about hitting, how it is wrong. They all learned."

"What about your daughters?"

"They know if a guy hits them once, they will do it again, even if they say that they won't, they will."

"Ok," they watched Jack and Sam for a couple more minutes before walking back into the game room.

"John, is everything alright?" Jackie asked.

"Yes dear, Jack's being his young self again in the kitchen."

"Oh, which one?"

"Getting his hand smacked."

"Ah, we both know he will always be a kid at heart!"

"True."