samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 2

Fifteen minutes later Jack walked into the living room to let them know that dinner was ready. They all walked out and helped themselves to what is was there and sat down and enjoyed their dinner and talked for a while.

John and Jackie's family left for their own homes for the night and everyone else went to bed themselves. They all stayed till Sunday before leaving for their homes.

After Mark and his family left for San Diego everyone returned home where they all talked for a while.

"Sam, when are you returning to Area 51?"

"Not till next week," she said smiling.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to be at the SGC for the week, since I heard a couple of teams brought back some devices which the other scientist couldn't work out. so they called me."

"A week in the Springs, sweet."

"Yes Jack, and while I'm there, I'm going to check on the computers to see if there are any bugs in them if I get time."

"And me?"

"You will make sure that I take my brakes."

"Too right," he said smiling.

"What about you, Dad?"

"I'll have a mission when I return, and don't know how long it's going to be."

"Ok."

"Sam, I was wondering, have you got time to look at our computer, we can't get into anything."

"Sure."

John showed her where the computer was and she got to work on it. Sam asked for the disks that they were using, and left her to it. When John watched Sam work her thing and shook his head when he saw her get the computer up and going again, then she checked the Norton anti-virus disk and shook her head and turned to look at John.

"Here's your problem," she passed him the disk.

"What's wrong with it?"

"That is last years one, have you got a credit card?"

"Yes, want me to get it?"

"Yes, so I can update the latest Norton 2006 anti-virus up date, you've got the 2005 disk, which is out of date."

"Oh, I normally let Mike update everything; he was trying to find out what was wrong with it last week."

"Ok." Then he walked out of the room to get his credit card.

Sam remembered Mike saying that he was a computer whiz, that he had been to collage and got his computer degree and was now working for a big computer business in Chicago.

When John returned, he passed Sam his credit card and she started typing way on the computer then he watched what was happening.

"Sam, what's happening?"

"It's updating."

"Can you tell me what you did and what's happening now so I'll know?"

"Sure, grab a chair."

John got a chair and sat down. Sam told him what she did so he could understand and know what she was doing now.

"I wish Mike could have told me all of this."

"Well, now you know and I also noticed you're almost out of room on your ten gigabyte hard drive."

"Yeah, what can you suggest?"

"Well, let's see what hard drives are on the net, and we can take it from there, so now that it is complete. What I'll do to make things easy for you and Jackie is that when ever there is an update that it dose it automatically for you so you won't have to worry about it for the year."

"Thanks."

Sam typed away and told John what she was doing, and then they talked while the virus checker was going through the files. Ten minutes later it showed that there were five viruses on the hard drive, so Sam found out which files they were.

"Do you know any of these?"

"No, I'll go and ask Jackie."

He got up and walked out of the room. A minute later they all walked into the room.

"Have you seen these files before?" Sam asked.

"No, what are they?"

"Viruses."

Sam typed away on the keyboard and then all five files were gone, then she did a virus check again.

"Jack, you've got one smart women here, she found out what was wrong with the computer where it took Mike days and he still couldn't work it out."

"Well I did tell ya that Sam is smart, so what was it?"

"Out of date Norton anti-virus disk."

"Ah, so everything up to date then?"

"Almost."

"Ok."

They talked about other thing till the virus checker came back clean. Then Sam rebooted the computer and signed on. She knew a site where they sold hard drives, so she went to it and showed John and Jackie them and advised them which ones were the best and what they can be use for.

"Sam, if we get it, can you put it in for us?"

"Hmm let me think," she looked over at Jack and smiled.

"I'll do it on one condition."

"Sam, what are you playing at," Jacob asked.

"What's that Sam?"

"A big home cooked dinner with cake afterwards." Jack smiled, knowing that he was rubbing off on Sam.

"For you to do this, sure, just let us know when."

"Well, first things first, which hard drive have you chosen?"

"The two hundred and fifty gigabyte."

"This one?" Sam pointed to the screen.

"Yes, that's the one."

"Ok, shall I order it for you?"

"Thanks, if you can."

Sam typed away on the computer, filling out all the details that were needed to buy the hard drive, when it was complete, she printed out the copies that were needed just as a back up just in case something went wrong. When everything was done, she turned to them all grinning.

"All done according to the site, it will take five days to get here, so it should be here by Friday."

"Thanks, we will let you know when it comes."

"Ok, do you need it to check your mail?"

"No, I can do it tomorrow."

"Ok."

She turned back and shut it down then turned back and passed John his credit card.

"All done, any problems, just call me."

"We will, thanks Sam."

"No problems."

She stood up and they walked back into the living room.

"We should head back Sam."

"Ok Dad," they went and got their bags and jackets and put them on.

"Thanks for Thanksgiving and the weekend," Sam said as she gave them a hug.

"No problem dear, we're pleased that you enjoyed yourself," Jackie said.

"Thanks."

"Bye Mum, Dad, see you next month."

"Or next weekend."

"Or next weekend," he said smiling.

"We will be here," Jack gave his parents a hug before they were beamed away.

"Well it looks like we're going to have a wedding with in the year," John said.

"I know, although it depends on where Sam is in a year."

"True, come on lets go to bed, it's been a long day."

"Yes it has." Then they went to bed after turning off the lights.

When Jack, Sam and Jacob were beamed back to the SGC, Jacob went and got changed into his Tok'ra outfit, then he said his goodbyes till next time. They saw him off before they both left for Jack's place for the night.

Over the next six days, Sam was working in her old lab while Jack was doing his everyday things. Daniel and Teal'c were pleased to have Sam on the base for the week. The old team got together for breakfast and lunch like old times.