samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: Space Race

Author's Notes: Thanks tons to the three wonderful people who beta'd this for me - samkicksass for keeping me in canon, and discussing Sam's outfit with me; Michelle V for helping me channel Jack; and last, but certainly not least, suzvoy for making sure my sentences didn't sound like crap. You're all wonderful, and I can't say that enough!

Email: rob@chiroho.net


Holy Buckets!


Jack walked down the corridor towards Carter's lab. It was late, and the base was nearly deserted. He'd been called in like the rest of SG-1 - well like Carter, as she was the only other one off base - but by the time he'd gotten there, the meeting had finished. Hammond had given him a brief run down, but he wanted to get the details from Carter.

Rounding the corner and approaching her lab door, he whistled quietly to himself, wondering how on earth he'd managed to get to baby sit Daniel again while she got to . . .

Holy Buckets!

He suddenly found himself confronted with the sight of Major Samantha Carter, bent over and doing something under her desk - wearing leather pants! He tried to look away, but was unable to tear his eyes from the view before him. He watched as she finished whatever it was she was doing, and slowly stood up - only to discover that she was wearing a whitish tank top with pink and red things. Whoa!

Somehow, he slowly made himself back out of the room. After taking a second to try and collect his thoughts, he put a deliberately cheerful tone into his voice, and came back through the doorway.

"Carter? You in here?"

She turned towards the door, and as she did so, he realized just how stunning she looked in that outfit - the dark brown leather of her pants contrasting against her pale complexion; the top she was wearing . . . had a wonderful neckline. He found his brain grinding to a halt.

"Hey, Sir. Just doing a little prep work for the mission."

His brain struggled to find a response to that statement, although he knew that he should say something before she noticed him staring anywhere but at her face.

"That's not exactly regulation dress, is it Carter?" He breathed a sigh of relief - mostly that he hadn't said anything totally stupid.

She looked down, and suddenly realised what she was wearing. He could see the blush starting on her shoulders, and rising up towards her face.

"Sorry, Sir, I forgot to change after the meeting. I guess I was too excited."

"No need to apologise. It's not like it doesn't suit you." D'oh! How did his subconscious manage to slip *that* one past?

Her blush darkened, and she started moving towards the door. "I think I'll go and get changed."

"Suit yourself, Carter." He tried to keep his eyes, and his mind, from wandering where they definitely shouldn't. He was relieved when she grabbed her helmet off the desk, and started walking out the door.

"Don't touch anything while I'm gone, Sir."

"Of course not," he said, putting down the tool he'd just picked up. "Oh, and Carter?" He heard her steps slow slightly. "Nice pants!" He was sure that she could hear the grin in his voice, but he didn't hear her response as she walked quickly down the corridor.

After the sound of her footsteps faded, he wondered how he could arrange it so that he'd be driving home behind her after they got back from Hebradan. He'd have to work it just right, but there would be an incredible payoff.

He definitely wanted to see her ride that bike.

{END}



End Notes: Feedback always appreciated!
Email: rob@chiroho.net