samandjack.net

Story Notes: TITLE: Unrevealed Truths (Revised)

AUTHOR: Tiffany Flowers (tiffanyflowers2@hotmail.com)

RATING: PG-13 (language)

ARCHIVE: SJRA and Heliopolis (now that it's beta'd). All others ask.

DISCLAIMER: SG-1 is not mine, wish they were, no money made, yada, yada, yada. Will be returned in one piece.

CATEGORY: S/J Romance, Angst

SUMMARY: Sam's thoughts about Jack during "A Hundered Days", causing her to admit her feelings to herself.

SPOILERS: Fifth Race and A Hundred Days

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This story is the true story, ignore the other one. ~*~ Represents flashbacks //Represents thought

WARNING: This a revision, which was "made better". You decide and let me know which is better to y'all.

FEEDBACK: Always appreciated. Flames given willingly to Sokar. Thanks to my BETA reader, Machelle for her hard work. KUDOS, MACHELLE!!!!

Copyright 2000 TIFFANY FLOWERS


*****



\Colonel.// I think to myself. \Where are you?// I look at Teal'c and he returns the same look of concern. Colonel O'Neill has not returned to the Gate or answered my pleas to respond. Teal'c and I suddenly hear a thunderous boom. I look toward the sky and see the meteorite hurtling down toward the ground.

\Oh, shit.// I think in horror. I look back in the direction of Lara's village, hoping against hope, that the colonel, Lara, and the two teenagers are on their way. We cannot wait any longer for the colonel.

"Teal'c," I yell over the ground rumbling booms. "We have to go. NOW!" I begin to run towards the Stargate, Teal'c on my heels. We dive into the Event Horizon and end up sprawled on the ramp.

Home. I stand, looking over my shoulder as the wormhole loses its integrity and shuts down. Teal'c and I are uninjured, shaken, but uninjured, and with no Colonel O'Neill.

"We waited until the last possible moment, Sir." I report sadly, out of breath. I glance at General Hammond and he looks shocked, to say the least. The general respond to me.

"I know you did," he says gravely. "We almost lost you." He then turns and walks out of the Gate Room, leaving only me, Teal'c, and Daniel behind. Teal'c places a hand on my shoulder. Instead of responding to his touch, I only walk out of the Gate Room, heading to my lab or quarters, which ever comes first. I don't even look at anyone on my way out. I don't want them to see the tears in my eyes, being that my emotional defences are down. I've let Colonel O'Neill and the entire SGC down.



*****



I am now in the lab, working on a new idea. Or at least it was a good idea when I brought it up. It's late and I haven't slept since my dramatic return from Edora. The SGC and I have tried to come up with idea after aggravating idea on how to get Jack back.

\Jack?// I ask myself. \Since when have I called him Jack like this?// I remind myself that he _is_ a colonel and not anything more than a friend. But not one I feel safe calling by first name. I suddenly see a figure out of the corner of my eye. It's Janet Fraiser, the SGC's CMO. She's carrying a cup with her. If it's coffee or tea, I can't tell, but it's warm. The steam emanating from the cup gives that much away.

"Working through the night, again?" She asks me. I can only nod, being that I am staring at the computer screen that holds the schematics for the particle beam generator. I turn my attention to Janet, she's been talking about the colonel.

"Daniel says the Tollan can have a ship in the vicinity of Edora sometime around next year." Janet reports, sound hesitant to inform me of the long wait. I look at her with a sad expression.

"He shouldn't have to wait that long." I say, sounding like my statement alone would make the colonel walk through the lab doors. But it does nothing in that respect. Then Janet says something that shocks me.

"You miss him." It's more of a statement than a question. Somehow, I reply honestly to my friend.

"Yeah." I say simply. Janet looks at me with a new found respect.

"Is this a problem?" She asks. I look at her blankly, no light behind my usually bright blue eyes.

"No. No, of course not." I lie through my teeth, but I can't let my feelings for Jack stand in the way of getting him home.

\I love him, Janet.// I think, not saying the words that I obviously know want to be said. Janet leaves and I go back to work on the beam generator, hoping I can make it work. For Jack's sake at least.



*****



I am now in the Control Room, waiting anxiously to see if my particle beam generator is going to work. I cross my fingers, and think back to the last time Colonel O'Neill was gone,



~*~ I sit at the console, tracking his route on the screen in front of me. Suddenly his route path is gone. I gasp in fright. O'Neill, my CO, friend and confidant is missing, possibly dead in space. I spend an hour trying to redial the eight chevrons, but with no success. Siler says that the device that Jack built has no power. Obviously, it was meant to work only once. Twenty minutes later, the Gate spins up, allowing Colonel O'Neill to walk through. The Ancient's knowledge is gone from his mind. I almost lost him. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. ~*~



"Particle beam is operating at a hundred and twelve per cent of predicted efficiency." I report happily. A slight smile on my tired face. We have had to reopen the Gate twice, but the second time we sent the MALP through, only to lose the MALP's signal. During the second or two of MALP telemetry, we deduce that the Stargate is, in fact, horizontal. Not a good sign. Teal'c says that he will go back to Edora and retrieve O'Neill.



*****



After the Gate shut down, I walk to the locker room to gather my emotions and thoughts. I can't help but look at Jack's uniforms and name plate. 'Col. J. O'Neill' it reads, mocking me, telling me he's gone for good this time. I sometimes think about what it'd be like to share his name, but the regulations make me come back to reality. It sucks, I know.

\I love him.// I finally admit to myself. I can't believe I didn't notice before, all the innocent flirting and sexual innuendos. I'm so stupid.

Daniel bursts in, saying that there's an incoming wormhole with

SG-1's remote code. Teal'c! He must have made it through the caver we made. I jump off the bench, running at full speed toward the Control Room, Daniel is unable to keep up with my sudden burst of adrenaline and excitement.

After finding out the Teal'c had made it through, General Hammond agreed to let us go back to Edora, telling us to take the Edorans with us. On the other side of the Gate, I find the colonel and give him a big, friendly hug. I then try to explain the whole particle beam and the gate being horizontal to him, but he walks away to say good-bye to Lara. I turn, unable to watch her drool over him, trying to make him stay with her.

Okay, so maybe I _am_ jealous of her. We leave the village and gate back to Earth. He doesn't even say 'thank you' to me. I storm out of the Gate Room and go to my lab to hide from him, being that it would be better than punching him.



*****



1825 hours. We've been back for several hours, and I've been filling out my post mission report. I hear soft footsteps and a knock on the doorframe. I look up, thinking it's Janet, but I look into a pair of chocolate brown eyes. Colonel O'Neill. I smile at him, but his eyes are tired and red.

"Something I can do for you, Sir?" I ask, my voice thick with bottled up emotions. He walks into the room and sits in the chair next to me. He places his left hand on my right. I stare at him, brows furrowed with confusion.

"Thanks, Carter," Jack replies. "For savin' my ass, yet again." he finishes, leaning toward my face, cupping it with his strong, large hands. He places his lips on mine, kissing me gently, but with a longing passion.

"I missed you, Jack." I say, my eyes and voice betraying my feelings. Jack grins and rubs his thumbs on my soft, pink cheeks, wiping away the fallen tears that I had locked up during the three months that he was gone.

"I missed you, too, Sam." Jack responds, kissing my nose, eyes and damp cheeks. "I learned one thing while I was gone, Carter." he says, sounding like he has something important to tell me.

"What's that, Jack?" I ask, curiosity capturing me. He looks at me with flared passion.

"I learned that," Jack pauses. "I love you, Sam." he finally admits to me, and possibly himself. I smile the smile that I use only on Jack. He smiles back at me, making me melt.

"I love you, too, Jack." I finally admit to him. It's strange to hear myself say such words to my CO, but I know that everything will be okay now. I have Jack back with me. For how long, who knows?



THE END