samandjack.net

Story Notes: Title: Would You Like Coffee With That?

Author: Ginamarie (Starbuck1031@hotmail.com)

Disclaimer: They are not mine, they are Showtime's... that is until I rule the tauri... Ahem, excuse my Tok'ra, it can get out of hand sometimes...

Archive: Heliopolis and SJ archive, everyone else please let me know

Categorization: SJ vignette

Spoiler: A Matter of Time

Author's note: This fic is from the POV of the guy who offered Carter the donut in A Matter of Time. I just thought they had such good chemistry in their few seconds of air time together that I had to write this. This is by the way, my first SG-1 fic.

Feedback Appreciated :)


**********************************************************************



Deep within the bowels of Cheyenne Mountain lay the SGC, and deep within the bowels of the SGC lay the barracks. And in the middle of the room lay my bed. Above my bed was a postcard from Jenny telling me of her recent engagement, a birthday card, a picture of my mom, and an old edition of Penthouse magazine. That, along with an old sleeveless New York Knicks T-shirt, a pair of jeans, and an old pair of Nike's were basically all my personal belongings.

My life is pretty routine. I get up everyday and get to work. Whether it's making sure the water and coffee are laid out in the debriefing room, that the jelly donuts the General loves so much are right next to sugar and powdered creamer, or doing SG-1's laundry, I always make sure the job gets done.

Sometimes I hate it, but the job definitely has its pros. I remember when I was first informed about the existence of the Stargate. I couldn't sleep for quite a few nights. My mind would wander off to dreams of one day being on a SG team, of flying a Goa'uld ship and blasting them to kingdom come! Or maybe I would discover some secret weapon on another planet that would annihlate all those parasites for good.

I'm also one of the few airmen who get to hear most of the briefings while filling up the coffee pots. The SG teams amaze me! No one would believe me if I told half the tales I've heard in there. Not that I ever would; to do so would mean seeing my future go down the drain and I'm not stupid enough to do that. But, undoubtedly the best part of working at the SGC, even better than listening to the cool stories, is the Major.

Major Sam Carter is a godess! The most perfect woman ever to set foot on this planet, or on any other planet for that matter. Beautiful, smart, and sexy. She is the reason, the only reason, that I haven't asked for a transfer.

Right now we're up top. According to the goddess herself there's a black hole on the other side of the wormhole and it's sucking everything in causing some weird shifts in time. I don't completely understand all the physics - I passed it with a D in college - but apparently the effect is spreading and nothing can stop it. General Hammond recieved orders to blow up the entire mountain but even I know that won't stop a black hole. Those Washington types can be pretty dense sometimes.

Major Carter will find a way though. She can think her way out of anything. She's been doing nothing but trying to do that very thing for the last few hours, or days, or whatever. The whole time thing so confusing. I grab a donut box and walk over to her. For a second our eyes meet as I silently offer her some nourishment. She refuses. I insist, and she finally accepts. I then find that I have nothing left to do but walk away.

She actually noticed me! After all these months, she acknowledged my existence! I am overwhelmed with joy and my mind begins to conjur up a million possibilities that this could entail. She noticed ME! I feel as though I've defied the laws of physics and am floating in mid air. The Major saw me and it wasn't just a simple look, she really saw ME.

A few minutes later, however, I come back to my senses. Major Carter will never see me the way I see her. Why was she working so hard, around the clock anyways? It was for him. For Colonel Jack O'Neill. And no one stood a chance against him

If the Major was a goddess, then the Colonel was definitely the System Lord, or at least the First Prime. He was a man's man. The kind of person that you couldn't help but cower to when he barked an order. And Major Carter seemed to have eyes only for him. She had already saved him countless times, and he had saved her, too. It was a well-known fact around the SGC that they loved each other; the only question was when they would finally give in to their court-martialable desires, and there was already a pool out for that one.

No, I have no chance in hell of ever being the object of her affection or desire. Even Simmons has a better chance than me although not by much. Major Sam Carter and Colonel Jack O'Neill were destined to be together and who am I to interfere with destiny? All that's left for me is filling empty coffee pots and handing out donuts. Maybe one day I'll find MY Samantha Carter but, until then, it doesn't hurt to keep on dreaming.



THE END

Allow me to introduce ourselves:
******************* Ginamarie/Dana *******************
-Pitiful Selves Promotion- visit our site! http://www.geocities.com/gate_philes

"Hey! Who am I and what have you done with the real me?"

"I don't have a violent side!!!"

"Allright, I'm obsessed, but it's an irrational obsession!"

"I can live with that, so can I!"