samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR: NetFerret ( netferret@webtribe.net )

ARCHIVE: List, (eventually) Sam & Jack, Heliopolis

SPOILERS/SEQUEL: None really, a tiny spoiler for Prisoners.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: A very short fic. All feedback appreciated.......


The auto-destruct sequence counted down. 'Now or never,' Sam thought to herself. 'You’ve got to do this, girl. You might never get another chance. Seize the moment!'

She glanced quickly at Jack, standing nearby looking stony. Without warning, she leapt up out of her chair, walked over and flattened him against the console in the kiss of all kisses.

"5…4…3…" the computer announced. She kissed like there was no tomorrow, a real possibilty considering the current situation. "…2…1…zero."

Sam tensed, still locked in the passionate embrace, for the sudden explosion and then the vast nothingness………it never came. Slowly, she opened her eyes and drew back from the Colonel, who was on the verge of needing CPR. She was still in the Control Room at the SGC. She wasn’t dead. The auto-destruct sequence had failed. A flood of relief washed over her and she grinned. She noticed all eyes were upon her and the grin dissapated. General Hammond, Daniel, Teal’c… she slowly turned. And Jack, looking at her in disbelief and still recovering from lack of oxygen, still sprawled out on the console.

"Ooops."



***************

Fin