samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: scc@theplanet.net.au

Spoilers: 100 days, Shades of Grey

Archive: SJA yes, Heliopolis yes.

Sequel/required reading:

Notes: Feedback would be nice, great in fact, but I hope you enjoy it.


Jack



As soon as Jack got off the plane he headed straight for the exit. One good thing about being in the black Ops was that you made some friends in higher places and he had called upon an old favor to find Sam.

It had been hard getting the information he needed, his friend had decided to grow a concious overnight, but once Jack had explained who exactly he was looking for and why, he had given in.

In Jacks left hand he clutched an envelope. One that contained photo's of Sam last apperance, one by a supermarket, one in the plane terminal and one by a ATM. He thanked his lucky stars for video survalliance and re read the already memorised address of Sam's houses in DC. His friend had given his three addresses. One for when Sam had first moved to DC at the age of 9. One where she moved out of home at 19 and one that she had lived in with Joanas at 24.

Jack felt slightly guilty at snooping through Sams personal life, but it was for her own good. He needed to find her before she complelty gave them the slip or did something that she would regret. Most of all it was his only chance to prove to Sam what he had been so afraid of telling her before.

That he loved her.



***



As Jack turned into the driveway of the first house, he let out a sigh. He looked at the demolition sign and peered into the gates. Feeling disapointed that he hadn't found her, he turned around.

"Excuse me?"

Jack whirled around to see a tall woman standing beside his car. He smiled, thinking that the woman looked odly familar, but he couldn't place it. She had long blond hair and the brightest blue eyes he had ever seen. Her face was a picture of innocence and the way she looked at her feet and the way she look in her soft white gown was enough to make Jack's heart melt.

"Is something wrong?" Jack asked wondering why on earth this woman would be out and about at such late evening. The last time he had cheaked it was already 9 oclock.

"Are you looking for something?"

Jack was quiet for a moment. Stunned in silence he watched the womans movements as she came towards him and took his hand. Feeling slightly shaken, he let the woman drag him towards the fence. The womans hand was so cold, almost like marbel, and made him shudder as she tugged on the fence wire, making a hold big enough for them to both fit through.

"Wait a minute, isn't this-"

"Shhhh." Her voice was soothing and Jack shut his mouth as she raised a delicate finger to her mouth. She smiled and mentioned for him to follow her into the yard. Jack looked around secretly imaging a little Sam running around the yard happily squelling, giggling and laughing like there wasn't a care in the world.

Suddenly something dawned on him and he looked at the woman. "Your Sam's mom." He breathed out, not really believing that she was infact infront of him holding his hand.

The woman's smile grew. "But you don't believe in ghost remember, so how can I?" If anything the woman's smile grew bigger and Jack felt rather embarassed for no apparent reason. "Some things Jack, should not be questioned. Some times it's ok to go with the flow." She said calmly.

"Do you know where Sam is?" Jack asked, glancing around the yard and the deserted house infront of him.

"Samantha is already with you." The woman said, her voice so gentle and breath taking. She gently tapped his cheast where his heart rested and Jack felt a warm feeling in his stomach. He saw images of all the times Sam had ever laughed or smiled. The woman smiled and pulled her hand away, seemingly satifisfied.

"I miss her." He said, almost surprised at the admission.

"Samantha is a very scared young woman. She is afraid of what might become of her if she gets to close to anyone." The woman said, she paused and guided him around the side of the head. "You must understand. Samantha is very special, as you already know. But she does not understand the meaning of the feelings that possess her heart. Help her Jack."

"But how can I?" Jack asked turning to the woman as he entered the back yard. But as soon as he turned to her she was gone. He whirled around, looking for any sign of her, but only heard the wind that brushed against his cheak.

"Go to her....."

"How?" Jack shouted looking up to the sky. Silence fell down beside him and he sighed and let his shoulders sag. "How can I if I don't know where she is?" He said quietly.

The wind began to stir up some tree's and he looked up as a large leaf fluttered on his head. As he stared up into the tree's thick branches, he saw the small wooded tree house. But more importantly he saw a single delicate tanned foot......



***

Daniel



"Wait turn here!" Daniel swerved to the left as Janet waved to change lanes and he shot her a look of annoyence. Janet smiled cheekily and contiued to study the map. "You know it would help if either of us knew where we where going."

Daniel spun his head towards her. "You don't know where were going?!" He spluttered Surprised. "But you said-"

"Yes, I said I knew where we where going half an hour ago, but now I don't." Janet admitted smiling slightly as Daniel almost had a fit in his seat.

"For crying out loud Janet!!!" Daniel shouted. Despite the angery look on Daniels face Janet burst into giggles at the use of Jacks line and she covered her mouth to give him some dignity. "This.....is useless!" Daniel said finally pulling over. "Wheres that map?" He asked taking the map from her and turning on the car light.

"Calm down Daniel." Janet soothed rubbing his shoulder. "It'll be fine, Whats a bet that Jack has already found her and that he's probably coaxing her back as we speak."

Daniel sighed and nodded, she was most probably right, but still he knew what Jack was like and he would probably say al the wrong things and Sam would come back only to shut him up. But at least Sam would be back he reminded himself.

"Where are we anyway?" Janet asked looking around the deserted street. The ground was still wet from having rained, yet the air was surprsingly warm around them.

"Erm, Elizabeth St. Why?" Daniel muttered still cursing and trying to figure out the map. He couldn't understand why he could read Gould' language, be a languist, but still couldn't read a god damn road map.

"Were here!" Jane declared getting out of the car.

Daniel looked at her as if she was mildly insane, but climbed out of the car. Janet smiled and pointed to the street sigh reading 'Elizabeth street'. "What?" Daniel asked, trying to be pacient, but rather untight that it was late at night and he had spent the day driving, all he felt like doing was curling up with a blanket--preferably Janet-- and going to sleep.

Janet smile grew. "This is the street were looking for. Elizabeth street. Now, look for a big white house with a peach coloured door." Janet told him wondering around the street.

"Janet, don't you think we should ask maybe some neighbours? We can't just knock on every door and go 'Sam?', We don't even know if she here." Daniel reminded her.

"Your such a sceptic." Janet teased rolling her eyes. "And no, how would you feel about someone knocking on your door and asking questions at 9 oclock at night?" Daniel nodded at Janets point and looked around the deserted street.

"So this is Sam childhood." Daniel said, seeing a large park down the road and smiling. He could just imagine a little Sam running about with her hat backwards and acting ever the tomboy she had said she was.

"Ah huh." Janet said quietly walking beisde him, hands in pocket and wishing that she had worn better heels."Do you think that Sam went back to Joanas's place?"

Daniel shook his head. "Nah, I mean I know she must be really confused at the moment, I mean why else would she run off, but Sam's not that confused. She wasn't stupid, she knew the kind of relationship she had with him, she would never go back to that."

"Still." Janet said, sighing and looking about the street. She walked past a fenced off house and tentivly pushed off the piece of material that was snagged their.

"Oh my God." Daniel said, grasping the material off her.

"What?" Janet asked curious as Daniel whirled around looking for something. "Daniel what is it?"

Daniel thrust the material in her face, a smile wide of his face. "This is Jacks shirt." He said showing her the Navy blue matieral. "I was with Sam when we picked it out and bought it for his birthday."

"Daniel." Janet warned, her doctor tone present. "Thats crazy, there must be millions of shirts in the world that are the same as this material." She reminded him. Breathing deeply she sighed and pushed a strand of brown hair out of his face. "Look, we'll just keep looking for the house, if we don't find it, we'll call it a night and start again in the morning. Okay?"

Daniel smiled and took her hand. "I'm meant to be the strong and comforting one. Your stealing my role." Daniel complied goodnaturedly. Janet smiled and shook her head, tugging his hand as she walked to the car. "Hey c'mere." He said pulling her back and giving her a gentle kiss on the lips. Janet smiled and hugged him.

"I hope we find Sam." Janet said softly.

"Oh we will." Daniel said smiling. Janet looked at him confused and pulled back.

"How can you be so sure?" Janet wondered, watching as a smile grew on his lips. He mentioned to the jeep that was parked further down the street, and then he tugged her towards the car. "Daniel, that could be anyones car."

Daniel shook his head furiously. "No, that is the kinda car that screams Jack. See I told ya he would of found her by now."

Janet nodded and then climbed in the car. "Maybe we should wait, you know just in case something happens or she shoots him?" Janet sujested eyeing the quiet house in front of her.

"They'll be fine. Come on we'll get that hotel we saw a while back." Daniel assured her. Janet smiled and they drove off, neither one noticing the familar figure tearing out of the house.



***

Sam



"Sam? Sam honey, It's time to get up." Sam blinked as a light shinned in her eyes. The smell of bacon and freshly squeeshed orange juice alicked a smile on her lips. She loved it when her mom cooked, all the sweet smells would flutter into her bedroom and her mom would open the window and let the warm spring air spill in.

Sam closed her eyes still, reveling in the warmth that surrounded her. She heard her mom giggle and Sam opened her eyes. "Jacob!" Her mother squeeled as her father picked up her mom and swung her around before placing a kiss on her fore head.

Sam stood up on her bed, giggling as her father begun to dance around the room with her mother. Suddenly he accidently knocked over a vase that held a bunch of daisys.

Her mother stopped and frowned. "Jacob, look what you did! Now it will never be the same."

"I'll fix it." Sam said, springing from the bed and already bending to pick up the broken glass. Her mother shook her head and begun to pick up the glass.

"Ouch!" Her mother cried as she was percied by a piece of glass. "Jacob it's all your fault." Her mother shouted and Sam's eyes widened as the blood grew and soon her mother's hand was smothered in blood. Sam stood back horrified and turned to her dad for help.

"Daddy." She said and looked back to her mom. Her mother lay in a pool of blood on the carpet, glass shattared all around her, her face twisted in horror.

Sam felt tears begun to fall and she cried as her father grabbed her by the wrist and shook her. "You can't fix anything! Your useless!" Sam cried harder and looked back to her mother.

"Mommy!" She cried out reaching for her.

"A Carter never cries! Never!" Her father shouted, making Sam cry harder. "Shes gone. Ok. Now stop crying! You'll never make it in the airforce if you cry! No one will want a cry baby! Now stop it!" Sam stopped her crying and stood in a state of fear as she looked up to her father with her mouth gapping. His eyes flashed gold and he dropped her, storming away leaving Sam standing infront of her mother.

"Carter!"

Sam turned around again and saw Jack standing at the window. She smiled and stepped towards him, so relieved that he was there. "Sir-"

"What did you do?" He asked, his voice cold and cruel, his eyes steely and hard. He glared at her and looked down at her mom. "Look at the mess you made! Can't you do anything right?"

Sam felt a lump rise in her throat and she turned away from him. When Sam opened her eyes again, he was gone, but sitting on the bed was Joanas. Sam gasped and back away.

"Look what you've done Sam." His voice laced with sarcasm. "You think any one would want you after what you've done?"

"I didn't do anything." Sam started, she felt a tear fall from her eye and more followed.

"So your gonna stand there and cry about it?" Joanas yelled jumping from the bed. He grabbed her by the arm and shoved her to her knees, pushing her face to the floor. "You think if you cry hard enough your dear old CO will come running? Look at him Sam, look at him!"

Sam rose her eyes from sobbing in the carpet and saw Jack standing kissing Lara. She shut her eyes and squeeshed them tight. "Go away." Sam hissed, trying to push Joanas off her.

"No Sam, you think Jack loves you? Look at him! She can give him everything you can't. She can love him and give him a family. What can you give him? Huh!" Joanas pushed her head further into the carpet and Sam cried out. "What can you give him? Science? You gonna build him another particle accelartor, Gee Sam, imagine what I could get? A nuclear bomb?"

"Stop it!" Sam shouted.

"No! What are you gonna do Sam, bore me to death with your science journals? Or maybe you can cry a little harder and I'll pull you into a hug and everything will be happy familys."

"Stop it!" Sam cried and with a roar she threw him off her and stood up. Suddenly the room melted away and she let out a gasp as cold air and rain hit her.

"Shhhh, It's ok."

Sam threw the arms off her and she backed up into the corner of the tree house panting and trying to focus of the being infront of her. Realisation flew through her and before Jack could react she climbed out of the tree house and down the tree.

"Sam! Where are you going?" Jack asked, following after her as she jumped the rest of the way. Sam didn't even stop to look at him, all she did was run. She didn't want him to feel sorry for her, she didn't want him to pretend he cared.

As Sam scrambeled to get away she let out a cry as she got snagged by the fence and her shirt got stuck. She heard Jack run up behind her and he reached out to where she was stuck. "Dont touch me!" Sam roared and ripped her shirt free.

She started to run away down the street when he called out to her. "Samantha Stop!" Despite the feelings of hate and remorse she was feeling she stopped, by old habits and turned around. She heard him jog up to her and let out a breath. "Why are you running?" He asked.

Sam heart melted at the softness of his voice and how the look he was giving her was so tender, a face she had rarely ever seen on him, especially towards her. But despite the olive branch he was holding out Sam's mind whirled and the hatred begun to build inside of her.

"What do you care?" She snapped, wacking his arm out of the way as he reached for her. If Sam had been looking at him instead of the road she would of seen the pain in his eyes and the look of hurt.

"More then you think." Jack said his tone stronger and more dominating. Sam let out a huff and turned away from him more. "Sam, why did you run away?" Jack asked softly.

"What does it matter?" Sam asked unhappily. "I'm out of your hair arn't I? You don't have to worry anymore do you?"

"Is that what you think?" Jack asked, refusing to let go as he laid a hand on her arm. Sam stared at his hand, as if his hand was some kind of a disease and she wanted it off. Sam finally rose her eyes to his face and he was taken aback at just how sad and lonely her eyes looked as they glittered with tears.

"What am I supposed to think?" Sam asked, her voice gaining more confidence, but not as harsh as before. "I wake up to find I've been in a coma and no one has even noticed! And lets not forget why I was on the road that Night. " Sam threatened, her voice wavered slightly as she finished. "Becasue a certain CO had told me where to go."

Jack lowered his head shamefully. "Sam, I was drunk a the time, I wasn't really thinking..."

"I don't want to hear your excuses. You wouldn't of said it if you didn't really mean it. " Sam moved away from him, but not too far, and begun to walk a little down the road. Jack followed silently, being careful of the words to choose next.

"Sam, I only said it becasue.....becasue...I was hurt. I was angry and..."

"Angry at what? Hurt by what? What did I do that was so wrong?" Sam asked, whirling around and looking at him. Her eyes searched his for some kind of hidden answer, but she didn't find one.

"Sam I was hurt becasue you where with some other guy....." Jack lowered his head embarrased and looked at her feet instead. "Because I wasn't that guy."

Sam was stunned into silence and she watched him carefully as he refused to meet eye contact with her. Her head begun to wirl she stood in a confused state. "You..."She said shakily, her voice falling to a whisper. "Wanted to be with me?"

Jack nodded his head and finally got the courage to look up at her. As he looked at her his heart fell, tears ran down her face like a river and Jack felt his own tears begin to fall. He reached out to hug her and for a minute she resisted, before stepping into his hold and hugging him back. "Don't leave me, Samantha." He whispered into her hair. "Don't leave."



***

Teal'c



You know, now I think I understand why they call it 'a tale that lived happily ever after'. Tauri's invented this story as a kinda parent-editing for small children or people who couldn't handle anything above a PG rating. This is true when I tell you the ending to this tale. You see General Hammond is a child, he is a man who can hardly tolerate a G rating. So whenever we go off on one of our 'adventures', it is up to us to cutt out all the crap and goore and R rating and wind it up and edit it so it comes off smelling like a nice trip down the yellow brick road. Does anyone know any bricks that are yellow?

Where was I? Yes, our tale. Well for the General Hammond rating it starts like this....

"Is this a recular occurance, George? Do your people just skip off when they damn well feel like it? What is this world coming too?" Jacob Carter ranted as he paced back and forth in the debriefing room. " We try and we try and we try again to teach our kids how to do things and what do they do? They act like adolesent teens running off willy-nilly hooning around and screwing everyone, plus themselves, around them into the ground!"

"Its in my experince, that children often need to learn from their mistakes." General Hammond said calmly. I have one of those Tuari impluses to scream 'you da man!', But I some how manage to restrain myself.

"Mistakes, why In my day when we made mistakes we got an arse kicking, now a days it's, 'here explore the galaxy, do what you want and by all means treat everyone like-" I rise an eyebrow as General Carter is cutt off short as Selmac interferes. "Perhaps now would be a good time for us all to have one of those 'quite times' that Jacob so often says to me." Selmac says good humourdly. Shall I say 'you da Tokra?'. No.

"Excuse me for saying so General Hammond, but shall we not presume it safe that Colonel O'neill has found her and is bringing her back?" I put it, only to be glared at by Selmac as Jacob jumps in.

"Jack! He's the one who made the whole god damn mess in the first place! I have a good mind to find that boy and give him a good whupping." This idea somehow manages to imprint itself in my mind and I am sure If Daniel or Samantha was hear, they would be giggling.

"I think your right Teal'c." General Hammond says pointedly mentioning to the couple outside the room. "Jacob, you must calm down."

"Calm down!" Jacob roared, unaware of his daughter standing at the door, now silenced as her father ranted, a small smile on her face. "How can I calm down? My only daughter, my little Sam, is probably dying or rotting in some hole, while her SOB of a CO is gallah banting around town acting on his high in might. So No, I will not calm down, not until my daughter is safe in my arms and I will gladly pay the man who finds her and brings her back a million dollars."

" A million wouldn't go that far these days Dad."

To say the look on his face was priceless didn't do it justice. His face drained of all colour and he whirled around to see Sam standing infront of him standing closely next to Colonel O'neill. My mind wonders as to what has transpired and I know and can rely on the fact that Daniel Jackson will most surely fill me in on the nitty gritty details later.

"Sammy!" Sam looked rather uncomfortable as her father gather her up in his arms and almost squeesed the life out of her. Sam protested with a cry and pushed her father back slightly.

"Carefull there Dad, I'm still healing." Sam said mentioning to the bandage around her waist. I watched Jack watch Sam and I find it almost amusing. His eye montitor everymovement as if looking for the smallest flaw and he'll step in.

"You!" Jacob turned to Jack and I felt my mustles stifen as I prepare myself for a fist fight that may begin. Jack seems to be thinking the same thing as his mustles in his chin locks and both man glare at each other in a prided stance. "You." Jacobs voice soften and both men pull one another into a large hug.

General Hammond grins and pats Sam on the shoulder before pulling her into a gentle hug. "Look at that." The general said mentioning to the back slapping of the two men. "Two old fools fighting for the same flower."

Sam blushed at his coment and burried her head, smilng slighty at the rather high compliment. "Why do I suddenly feel like I'm five?" Sam muttered. I nod and head out of the room, knowing it is not my place as the so called 'new' family bonds. I am not a fool, you think I have travelled the galaxy and never seen a pair of star crossed lovers, or even ones that are living in incrediable denial? Nah, I seen it all, those two strike me as nothing new.

So that's my PG rating. Did you really think I was going to launch into a......

As I left the room the others soon followed and Jack took Sam by the arms and swept her into an all powerfull embarass and kissed her until she was weak in the knees.....

Please, I have a reputation to keep. I'm a warrior, not a romance novalist. Thought I think I could give Danielle steels a run for her money. If you want a NC-17 story, you best consult Doctor Jackson, yet he is rather busy with his mouth I notice as I walk past the infimary and see him performing a strange mouth to mouth to Dr Fraiser. Do these people ever work?



***

THE END!

Well the ride was fun, but it's stop, everbody out and on your way--but don't forget to stop and tell me what you thought! -Nikki.