samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: 100 Days, COTG, and Singularity.

SEASON: Sequel to Third Time Lucky

ARCHIVE: SJA, Heliopolis, others only have to ask.

WARNING: You need to read Third Time Lucky for this to make any sense at all!

NOTES: To everyone on the list and on AIM! Enjoy and don't forget feedback! Oh, yeah, now I'll get on with the one you're all waiting for!

DEDICATION: To Angel, for helping me thrash out the details after demanding a sequel and to AJ and her muses, the twin's names are down to //jack//


Jack stood over his sleeping wife's form, taking in every nuance of her features, etching them into his mind.

This was not the first occasion that he had gone through this ritual and as the newest addition to their family wriggled in his gentle embrace, he recalled the momentous events of the last five years.



^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*



Third time really was the lucky charm for them, for so long they had been the right people locked in the wrong time, until something that could have very easily torn them apart had brought them back together.

Both had long since forgiven Lara (and Jack too!) for the 'incident'. Because in reality it was the very woman Sam had hated for so long that had brought them together.

After being apart for the better part of ten years, their first reunion had brought back the intensity and chemistry that had always been present between them, ever since that fateful ride in a chopper over Iraq and an even more fateful assignment to the same team in the SGC.

This time neither was willing to waste the third chance that they had been given and almost as soon as Sam had returned with the 'paternity' news they had admitted deep and soul searing feelings. Jack (not being one of the most patient men in the galaxy) had proposed that night (after an extensive period for re- acquaintance) and Sam had wasted zero time in accepting.

Their wedding day had (in Jack's opinion) been one of the single most amazing day of his life. Teal'c had returned with Skaa'ra in order to be two of the three best men (tradition was wavered in favour of friendships), with Daniel making up the final third of the truly intergalactic trio. Jack's reaction when he found out just how busy his friends had been was one that now lives in the memories of all present.

Daniel and Janet had enjoyed watching their former Colonel blanch at the realisation that not only where they happily married (and had been for 8 years) but that they where also the proud parents of their very own hockey team. Stunning triplets plus two had momentarily robbed our cocky CO of speech.

That reaction however was overshadowed by the realisation that the little girl he had once known as Cassie was now a very beautiful woman who was not only heavily pregnant for the second time, but was also married to a young man called Skaa'ra. The gathered crowd where treated to a look at the now famous (and patented) 'goldfish Jack!'

The final shock for our stunned groom was the surprise guest appearance of a certain Major General George Hammond. Who although enjoying retirement and the trials and tribulations of living so close to his now adolescent granddaughters, couldn't resist the temptation to come back to give Jack and Sam a good dressing down for having the audacity to make everyone wait so long!

None of this, however could compare to the feelings that swamped our lovely lead when he saw *his* Major (and regardless of career advancement that was how she would always remain to him) walk with her father, down the aisle towards him. She was the image of a living angel and she was at last his.

The over-riding sentiment at the wedding dinner was that the new Mr and Mrs. Col. Jack O'Neill had a great deal of catching up to do, after all the score was then at…

Mr and Mrs Daniel Jackson – 5

Mr and Mrs Skaa'ra – 1.5

Mr and Mrs Col. O'Neill – zip!

That was a score-line that neither newly wed was going to leave for long and true to their word, they didn't. Taking less than a year to produce fraternal twins, another year to produce and happy little girl and now finally, their latest addition a sweet little boy three years younger than this fellow siblings.



^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*



Suddenly his musings where interrupted by the arrival of the O'Neill clan and their honorary grandpa George.

"Daddy" squealed his eldest daughter. Juliet Cassandra, a child so like her mother that Jack felt sorry for her future boyfriends, cause not only would she break hearts, but he would very probably have killed them by then anyway!

"Grandpa George said we could come see Danny now" finished Juli's twin brother Jacob Charles (Jake to all who knew him). In his turn Jake was a mini Jack, he had even comprehended the basic rules of sarcasm and how to use it to bait both his mom and his sister.

"Shhh, guys. Danny and your Mom are sleeping" Jack gently rebuked his two eldest. The twins dutifully obeyed and perched themselves ever so gently on the edge of the hospital bed as Jack sat and let them peer at their newest brother.

"Guys, meet Daniel Jonathon" he introduced.

As the twins stared in amazement at their brother, a movement momentarily caught Jack's attention. Grandpa George shifted the sleeping weight of the unusually quiet second daughter, Katherine Marie. Katie seemed to have all the energy of her Dad and the inquisitiveness of her Mom, which made her 'fun' to keep up with.

Bringing his gaze slowly around the room, taking in each member of his family, Jack felt truly blessed. As his wife awoke from her much needed rest, he smiled into her eyes and whispered the same thing that he had on two earlier occasions.

"Thank you, sweetheart"

Her only answer was also familiar. As he leaned down to accept his sweet kiss, the only reaction was from his precocious twins.

"Urghhh!" from Juli and

"Mommy and Daddy, sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G"

The kiss that normally left him breathless was interspersed with a smile from both previously mentioned Mommy and Daddy.



The End. Did ya like it? Well tell me then!