samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: dgingera@pacificcoast.net

SPOILERS: None

SEASON/SEQUEL: Season 3. Mentions another story of mine called "Heat"

ARCHIVE: Heliopolis, SamandJack List, others please ask

AUTHORS NOTES: This is sort of a sequel to "Heat". I'm hoping to continue to follow these two and see where they, and their relationship lead me.

FEEDBACK: Constructive comments/suggestions are always appreciated.

Copyright(c)2000 Debbie Gingera


We've been seeing each other for about a month now. Ever since we engaged in a very passionate clinch at a nightclub, we've decided to explore our 'relationship'. Taking things very slowly.

We try to keep our professional demeanour of Commander and 2IC while on duty and during missions, but keeping it quiet from everyone on the base is proving to be a challenge.

Janet knows and she's keeping our secret. I think she knew how we felt about each other long before we did. She's proud of the fact that it was her orchestrating the *situation* that finally brought us together.

Today we were supposed to go on a picnic. Unfortunately it's raining, so Jack suggests that we have our picnic indoors. We set out the blanket and food in his living room and proceed to have a wonderful afternoon. Sitting on the floor with the radio softly playing we talk about everything and nothing. Enjoying each others company as we learn the layers that make us unique individuals. I laugh as Jack tries to convince me to reveal the location of my mole.

Grinning "Well Jack, if you show me *all* of your scars I'll show you my mole. You first."

He strips off his t-shirt and with a very sexy smile says "Deal."

My eyes widen as I take in the masculine beauty of his chest. His shoulders are broad, his arms muscular. His chest is defined and covered with a dusting of hair that arrows down to the waistband of his jeans.

He leans closer to me, pointing to his collarbone "There's this one." Pointing to his left pectoral "This one."

He continues on the roadmap of scars that mar the surface of his chest.

I realise that he is *showing* me the scars but not revealing the history behind them. I know some of these wounds came from his work in Black Ops, some from our missions through the Stargate. The majority of them would have probably been attained during his time in Iraq. A time he's not ready to talk about...at least not yet.

While his performance may have started out as a playful dare, it occurs to me that he is giving me the opportunity to see what I am getting in to here. Do I want a relationship with a man quite a few years older than me, who is scarred not only on the outside but on the inside as well?

Fate has not only been unfair to Jack O'Neill, it's been downright cruel. The physical and emotional trauma that this man has suffered is way too much for one person.

I blink back the tears that form in my eyes.

I must have made some kind of sound because Jack has stopped his tour and is looking at me his eyes full of concern and something else.

"I'm sorry, Sam. I didn't mean to upset you." He hastily retrieves his t-shirt and begins to put it on.

He looks away from me but I see it. Pain. There is pain in his eyes. He thinks I'm rejecting him.

Reaching out my hand I touch his bare chest "No, Jack. Please don't put it back on."

I move my hand over his heart. The beat is strong, his heart rate slightly elevated.

I feel the warmth radiating from him. I smell the scent that is his alone.

Moving across the blanket, I place a kiss on the centre of his chest.

Jack wraps his arms around me and holds me close.

Taking his head in my hands I tilt his face forward. His face reflects a myriad of emotions that are both defined and undefined.

I smile and capture his lips with mine.

I love this man. Scars and all.



The End.