samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: scc@thepla.net

Catagory: NO blood and guts, not much action.

Archive: S/J yes, Heliopolis yes.

Sequel: this story will become part of an on going series, so stay on the look out!

Feedback: YES!YES!YES!

Key words: S/J UST.


"SG-1, you have a go," Hammond commanded from the embarkation room. Carter and O'Neill saluted respectively, while Daniel manage a half wave. Teal'c nodded and followed the rest of the team. As usual, O'Neill elbowed past Carter, to be the first through. Carter just sighed, raised her gun and was on his heels.

But instead of walking out of the gate and onto the next planet, O'Neill found himself falling from the ceiling and onto the hard cement floor. Jack grunted in pain and rolled over to look up. The Stargate was positioned on the ceiling of the cement cell he was in. O'Neill was just about to roll away when Carter came hurtling out of the Stargate, breaking her fall by landing on him. "Ohh," he cried out as she laid sprawled over him. That was closely followed by an "Ahhh," as Daniel added an extra blow.

Jack looked up into Carter's blue eyes, then he screamed out as Teal'c hit them. Daniel groaned and tried to move, causing Carter to be crushed further into O'Neill, who was hoping her leg wouldn't rise any more than it already had, or he'd be in pain for the next couple of weeks. "Aww, who called stacks on?" he whimpered.

Carter started giggling. Memories of Antarctica flashed through Jack's brain and he grinned at her. "No giggling." She stopped and smiled at him, trying to worm her way off. Jack tried to ignore the feelings of arousal as she wiggled under the weight and her leg rubbed up against his.

Teal'c untangled himself and helped Daniel to his feet. But as he did, Sam called out in pain. Jack looked up to see her eyes brimming with tears and biting her lip hard. Filled with fear that maybe he'd hurt her, he eased her off him, then rolled her onto her back.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked. Sam sat up and grabbed her leg, biting back the scream that was ready to erupt. Daniel noticed that her ankle was bent in an odd shape and he looked away in horror. Jack looked down and saw it, moving quickly down to her leg.

Gently and slowly he rolled up her pant leg and then started to untie her shoe. "Oww. Sir." Sam gasped trying to pull him away from her foot. He pushed away her arms and slid her shoe off. Her foot was already swollen.

"Daniel, hand me the first aid kit," Jack barked and Daniel ran off. Sam looked around, trying to ignore the pain in her leg. They were in a large concrete cell; it looked much like the base, except there was one door, also made of concrete. Daniel came back with the bandages and Jack wrapped her foot up. When he was done, she breathed a sigh, as she could feel the pain shoot up her leg, until she couldn't bear it.

"Aww, Jesus!" She swore as she moved her leg. "Son of a bitch." Jack shot her an amused look and she waved him off. "Is there anything for the pain in there?" she asked, trying to peer into the box. He handed her an aspirin and she sighed. "This'll do," she said and threw them in her mouth.

"Sit," Jack commanded her and she frowned. Teal'c had already started trying to find a way out, while Daniel started walking around, seeing what every one else was doing. Sam lay back and looked up at the Stargate, trying to see how they had gotten it up there.

"Sir," Sam started, when suddenly the door flew open. A man clad in armor stepped into the room and moved aside. A small man dressed in a robe stepped out from behind him and bowed. Sam tried to stand and Jack glared at her to sit back down.

"Greetings," the man said in a deep voice. He looked at Sam and smiled. "A woman!" he proclaimed and started toward her. Jack stepped in front instinctively, blocking his path. The man raised his hands, "I am sorry, I did not realize this breeder was yours."

"I'm not a breeder!" Sam protested, still trying to stand. She managed to pull herself up right and leaned against the wall for strength. The man just smiled and nodded at Jack.

"You have chosen a feisty one. Good for warrior children," he observed. He started looking her up and down appreciatively. Jack didn't like where this was going at all. He pushed the man backwards when he attempted to walk towards her again. "I do not wish to harm her," the man said glancing at Jack timidly. "I would never do such a thing."

Jack looked at him warily. "Where are we?" he asked looking around the cell. "And who are you?" he glanced at Sam, then turned back to the man. "And she's not a breeder, she my...."

"Wife," the man finished.

Jack's eyes widened and he frowned. "No, she's my friend," he said carefully. "She has a name and her name is Major Carter," Jack glared back at the man and repeated: "Where are we? And who are you?"

"I am Jefinus. And this is my home."

"You have cells in your house?" Daniel asked from the side. The man peered at him and then at Jack. The three men glared at him, watching his every movement; Jack keeping one eye trained to see if he was going to make a move for Sam.

"Is this your son?" he asked Jack, pointing to Daniel. Jack looked at him as if he was crazy and glanced at Daniel. He felt like laughing. Daniel? His son?

"Him?" Jefinus nodded. "How old do you think I am?" Jack said, trying to sound hurt. "No, he's not."

Jefinus bowed. "I am sorry. This is new to me. I have never met travelers that were not family." He bowed to Sam. "Or any that are not indeed lovers." His face fell. "Oh dear," he said quietly.

"What?" Sam and Jack both asked at the same time.

"If she does not belong to you, then she will be forced to marry the king." He glanced at her and smiled. "My, the king will be very happy at this choice."

"You can't force me to marry him!" Sam protested, and hobbled over to them. She leaned onto Jack's shoulder to stay upright and glared at the man. "I have my rights!" Jack had to admit, even with her holding onto his side and leaning on one foot, she looked scarier than any serpent guard.

Jefinus bowed and stepped away. "If you are not married, or betrothed, then in my laws you belong to the king. If you refuse, you will die!"

"We'll see about that!" Sam said as Jefinus started to leave. She started to hobble over when Jack called out.

"And if she did belong to someone else?" Jack asked, ignoring the shocked looks from his friends. "What if she was betrothed?"

"Then you would be free to go, after you had paid the debt."

"What debt?" Daniel asked, curious.

Jefinus paused and opened the door. "As a debt, anyone who steps through the gate has to pay the price of one child then they are free to go." He looked from Sam to Jack and rubbed his chin, then sighed after Sam scowled at him darkly. "If they do not deliver, they are held here until they have made a child," he looked at the door and smiled. "Or the woman is to breed with the king and then you may go." He paused, grinning. "I am sorry, but your choices on the matter are limited." With that, he and his guard turned and left, the door slamming shut behind them, leaving the SG-1team standing there.



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=



"I need to sit down," Sam said, sliding to the floor. She was quiet for a moment while everyone just watched her. "I must have really bad Karma," Sam muttered as she rubbed her ankle.

She looked up at Jack. "What are we going to do, Sir?" she asked. "I can't just go out, sleep with some guy, wait 9 months, say here's my baby, toodles!"

Jack dropped down beside her and patted her back. "It's ok, we'll find a way out. We won't let anything like that happen." He looked up at the Stargate. "How in the world are we going to climb up there?" he asked, gazing up.

"How about a boost?" Daniel muttered under his breath. Sam snorted and smiled at her friend. "Well you two could always...." Daniel trailed off.

"DANIEL!" they both shrieked. Daniel rose his hands in defense and went to sit beside Teal'c. Sam stretched her legs out in front of her. "This is not good," Sam complained.

"You're telling me!" Jack said frowning.

"How so? Sorry Sir, but you don't have to start spitting out babies like a soda machine!" Jack laughed and she frowned. "It's not funny. I was trained in the airforce to kick ass, not give birth to one!"

Daniel hid his laughter in a cough and buried his head in his hands. Jack grinned and Sam rolled her eyes. "Well I'm glad you guys find this funny."

Teal'c spoke up. "I am sorry about this disturbing news, Major Carter."

Sam smiled. "Thank you, Teal'c."

"Perhaps you could explain to Jefinus that you belong to Colonel O'Neill and that you are barren and can not have children." Sam let out a sigh.

"You guys have to," Daniel said pleadingly. "Look, I know that it may sound awful, but all you have to do is pretend. We won't tell anyone when we get home and it can be our secret. Just say 'we're married' and we can all go home."

"Am I the only one freaked out here?" Sam asked, sighing. She turned to Jack who looked thoughtful. "Sir, you're not taking this seriously are you?"

"Why not?" he asked, surprising her. "It's your life in question here." He waved his arm. "It's not like we have to get married or anything; just say 'Hey, we're hitched' and that you can't spit kids out. Then we're home free."

Sam shot him a look, but it softened. "Maybe you're right. But what if they don't believe me and try to make me..." she paused and motioned to her stomach, "prove it?"

"They're not exactly brain surgeons, Carter, they'll just have to take our word for it." Jack explained and patted her arm. "It'll be ok. You'll see."

"Uh, guys," Daniel piped up. "While you're happily making marriage plans over there, you seemed to have forgotten you already told Jefinus you two aren't married. How are you going to explain that?"

Sam looked at Jack and he smiled. "Easy. We'll just say that in other worlds, marriage wasn't allowed, so we denied it, thinking it would be ok."

Sam just rolled her eyes and looked at her finger. "What about rings?" she asked, indicating her hand.

"Christ, you want a ring too?" Sam pulled a face and smiled. "Don't bait me like that, Carter!" he said when she grinned to indicate she was joking.

"Sam," Daniel corrected.

"What?"

"Sam. You have to call her Sam if you're married," Daniel reminded him. "Or 'Samantha', or 'honey', or 'sweetie'..."

He stopped when he was greeted with two hot glares from his friends. "I don't know, maybe I'm wrong," Jack said and looked up at the Stargate. "Maybe we could climb out of here."

"O'Neill, I do not mean to be disrespectful, but, as you say, 'get over it'." Everyone's head turned to Teal'c, surprised, as he just looked at them, annoyed. "The only way out is to pretend and I would rather not sit here until you decided to stop being so selfish."

Jack just stared at his friend, amazed that he was speaking out like this. "Teal'c?"

"Just do it!" Daniel cried. "For crying out loud, Jack. Just tell 'em your married and we can go home."

Sam looked at Jack and then at her feet. "We might as well." She murmured and shot a glare at Daniel. "But if this gets out on base when were home Daniel, I'm coming after you in your sleep." Sam glared at them. "You too, Teal'c." Sam turned her glare to Jack and dared him to challenge her. He smiled softly and she smiled back. "Fine. We'll do it."

She nearly fell as she tried to stand up, but Jack caught her just as Jefinus walked in. "The king would like to see her."



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-



Jack wrapped his arms around Sam's waist protectively. "Uh, change in plans. She's my wife and you can't take her."

A smile crossed the man's lips and he bowed. "Then you shall start to prepare for the child?" he asked and Sam shook her head. "Why not?" he asked.

"She can not bear children," Teal'c spoke from the corner of the room. The man looked at Sam in disbelief and then at Jack.

"But every woman can bear children. It is her duty as the breeder, to nurture and carry the man's gift."

Jack hugged Sam tighter. "Well this one can't," he said as Sam encircled her fingers with his. "Does this mean we can go?" he asked hopefully.

"No," Jefinus said quietly. "You must stand before the king," he said and clapped his hands. Two guards arrived and grabbed both Sam and Jack. Jack fought, as did Sam, but her attempts were useless without her good foot.

They were dragged down the hall and into a large golden chamber full of feathers and pillows and plants. At the top of the throne sat an old man with a dozen females clad in bikini costumes, lazily scattered around the throne.

"Sire," Jefinus bowed before the king and rose. "The travelers. They are in fact married, yet the woman claims to not be able to breed."

"How is this?" The king asked and watched as the couple was dropped to their knees. Sam bit her lip as her ankle protested and she sat on the floor.

"Sire, they say she is ill," Jefinus explained. Then the king waved him off and he fled. The king glared down at Sam and Jack and clapped his hands.

The woman disappeared and the guards closed the doors. Sam looked around and then at Jack worriedly. "Show me," the king said, looking at them.

Sam and Jack exchanged looks and stared up at him. "Show you what?" Jack asked, worried.

The king laughed. "Perform for me. Show me that your wife is not fertile," he said, laughing again. Jack looked at Sam and shook his head, horrified.

"We can't show you," Jack said uneasily. "It's inside of her. Her...... womb is ill," he explained, trying to stop the flush rising to his cheeks.

"I know that." The king grinned at them and motioned to Sam. "Undress her." Sam let out a gasp and lowered her head. Jack cleared his throat and glared at the king.

"I can't do that," he argued. "Why should I show you?"

"If you want to live, you will show me. Now do as I say. Undress her." The king motioned to the leering guards standing at the door. There were too many of them and Jack looked at Sam uneasily. "Do it!!!!!" the king shrieked.

"Just do it, Sir," Sam mumbled to him while looking at the floor. "I won't care," she muttered, but Jack knew she would. His hands shook as he started to take off her jacket. He could hear the king laughing and he glared at the man, trying to be gentle with her.

"I'm so sorry," Jack apologized. "I didn't know this would happen. I'm sorry," he said again as he pulled her T-shirt off. Sam nodded and kept her eyes on the ground. "I'm gonna kill this bastard," he whispered as he tugged on her pants.

"Just keep going, Sir." Sam said shyly, shivering at his touch. She wouldn't admit it, but she was actually enjoying it. She only wished it was under better circumstances and not under the eyes of this man.

"Now, kiss her," the king demanded.

"Now wait a minute’......" Jack started and he felt the tip of a knife dig into his back. The guards were watching them carefully.

"If she is your wife, then you should have no protests," the king reminded them. Jack turned back to Sam and she nodded. He slowly leaned forward and kissed her. He closed his eyes and tried to imagine that they were anywhere but here. That they were on some island and it was a beautiful summer day. He felt Sam wrap an arm around his neck and responded back to her caress.

They pulled apart slowly and the guards backed off. Jack tried to calm his breathing and ignore the fact that she was sitting half on his lap, clad in only her black underwear. "Now, make love to her." Sam gasped and looked at the king. He smiled evilly and waved for the guards to turn around. "We will give you privacy." He said and turned slightly around.

Jack looked at Sam to find her smiling. Grinning, she tilted her head back and let out a groan. Jack opened his mouth, gasping, and Sam motioned to the king that had turned around. Nudging Jack in the ribs, she let out another groan and he was surprised at how realistic it sounded.

She smiled and he half-heartedly groaned as well. Sam covered her mouth to stop grinning and slowly pulled her clothes back on. He let out another groan and Sam raised her voice. "Oh Jack," she screamed. The guards started laughing, nudging each other in the sides. Jack glanced over to the king nervously and found he had his back turned to them, nodding at the sounds they were making.

Jack rolled his eyes and handed her the discarded pants. "Sam....baby...." he groaned. Sam shot him a look and let out a high pitched squeal. "What was that?" he mouthed to her and she shrugged. The king looked like he was going to turn, so Sam rolled Jack over and pinned him to the ground. Jack saw the king looking over at them and the next thing he knew Sam had grabbed his face and was kissing him hard.

When she let go, the king had turned back and Jack smiled at her. She shrugged and let out a groan. "Sam!" he cried out and let out a loud groan. Sam clamped her hand over her mouth to stop giggling and they stood up.

Jack mentioned to the large vase to her right and nodded. Sam realised she what he meant and went to pick it up as Jack went to get one of the swords.

Standing behind the gaurds, she counted to 3 and then smashed over the back of their heads. 2 gaurds fell to the ground unconious. While the other 3 turned around Jack stopped them with a sword.

The king turned arund hearing the noise and cried out for more gaurds. But Sam was quick to bolt the door shut, as the thumping of gaurds could be heard. "Sam, get the other door!" Jack shouted as the last gaurd went down unconious.

Sam nodded and ran to the door, when she was met by Daniel and Teal'c. "What are you guys doing here?" Sam asked surprised.

"Rescuing you guys?" Daniel said weakily. He shrugged and Jack came running over to them. "Did you guys actaully...?" He hinted.

"No time Daniel." Jack snapped and hustled them out of the door. "Now, how do we get to the stargate?" He asked. They ran blindly down the corridor and towards what they thought was their cell.

The sound of the worm hole activating gave away where the room was and the team ran towards it, Sam limping the whole way. Jack threw open the door and stopped.

The stargate was now on the floor. THe king gasped and jumped in before the worm hole shut behind him. Daniel ran to the DHD but the symbols had already disapeard.

The sound of Gaurds storming the hallways was deafening and Daniel quickly dialed earth. Jack made sure he had Sam's hand in his as they jumped into the stargate.............. but their destination wasn't earth.



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-nikki.h.