samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: scc@theplanet.net.au

Spoilers: 100 days, Shades of Grey

Archive: SJA yes, Heliopolis yes.

Notes: Feedback would be nice, great in fact, but I hope you enjoy it.


Jack watched as the gate closed behind him and he sighed. He still felt the

same sense of dread as he did the last time he stepped off the gate and onto Endora. He noticed that Sam made herself as busy as possible without him saying a word, and Daniel dragged Teal'c to look at something intresting.

Jack gave his friends an appreciable smile for letting him have a moment alone with Lara, before telling her he was not coming back to stay, but to actually set up a mineral mine up in the hills. Taking in the sweet smell that he had became accustomed to during his stay, he wondered down the path and towards the village. Some smiled at his welcoming, some waved and others simply egnored him.

"Jack." Jack turned around to see Garren standing there smiling, his arm swung around a girls waist. Garren smiled and patted Jack on the back and mentioned to the house that he lived in and then walked off, murmuring and whispering into the girls ear, making her laugh.

Jack sighed and knocked on the door, on recieved no answer he stepped inside and looked around. He could hear laughing coming from the bedroom and smiling Jack walked towards it, ready to except her warm greeting.

"Lara?" Jack spluttered stopping as he spotted a couple sprawled out naked on the bed. He gasped and stood blinking back the shock that surrounded him. "I'm sorry." He mutterd bitterly and pivoted quickly, walking out of the house and slamming the door shut behind him.

He was already halfway towards his team when he was pulled back by the arm. "Jack." He turned and looked at her, his face motion less but his eyes steely with anger. It didn't seem to faze her any and she looked at him strongly. "I do not understand." She said confusion fluttering over her face. "Why are you so angry?"

"I shouldn't of come back." Jack barked and turned away from her.

"You are being selfish Jack." Lara told him, anger evident in her voice.

Jack whirled around, his eyes blaring. "Selfish? I'm being selfish?"

Lara bit her lip, she had a feeling this would happen and she didn't like it any better. "Jack, remember when you said you'd never forget your past, and I said it's not that I wanted from you?" Jack nodded, no longer being able to look at her, instead staring at the dirt before of him and kicking it with his foot. "I meant it Jack. I never asked for your love, I asked for a child. Nothing more, nothing less." She paused, letting it sink into his head. "Now that you left I still want more children, and you are not here to provide me with that, I found some one who will." She touched his arm and wasn't at all surprised when he yanked his hand away. "That's what we do Jack, We depend on reproduction."

Jack looked away, not wanting to seem any more foolish then he had already been. His eyes still showed hurt and betrayal in them and his stomach moaned at the thought that he was used. "Yeah, well I hope you have lots a children." He stated and then ran off to join his team, the one group of people that didn't use him.

Marching right past Teal'c he started to dial up home, all the while keeping his back to Lara who shrugged at a man who wrapped his arm around her waist. Sam bit her lip and looked at Jack, who was making sure none of them saw his face.

"Are you alright Sir? Is Lara Ok?" Sam asked carefully, knowing she shouldn't ask, but couldn't help herself.

Jack whirled around and she felt her insides crawl, his eyes where so dark and his jaw was locked in a bitter scowl. "Oh Lara's just peachy, got herself a new play thing." He snarled. "As for me....who gives a damn." and he stalked up to the stargate and stepped through.

Sam glanced at Daniel worriedly and they both stepped through the gate. When they arrived they found Jack almost running to get off the grate and towards the door. "Welcome back SG-"

"Yeah, Whatever." Jack snapped and threw his gear at the door and stormed out. Sam looked at Teal'c and he bowed and went off to his own quaters. Everyone silently agreeing to let Jack be alone for the time being.



* * * * * * *



Jack leaned back in his deck chair on the roof and sighed. The stars glistened above him and he started at them numbly. If he told the truth he felt like crap. He wasn't in the mood for drinking, but would do anything to get his mind off the real reason why he felt so empty. Reaching for his beer bottle he grunted when he found it empty. "Damn." He cursed and threw it away. //Stupid thing, didn't want you anyway.// He paused and looked at the simple brown coloured glass. //I missed Beer, never had beer like this on Endora. Aw, I miss everything.// He thought feeling sorry for himself.

Sitting up to get a new one he was startled when a hand shot out and handed him one. "Need another, Sir?" Jack smiled and saw Carter climb over, blankets, beer and pizza loaded in her hands. She grinned at him and plonked down beside him, opening one for herself.

Jack smirked. "See that's what I love about you Carter. You don't judge me, you don't hassle or abuse me....you just.....hand me another." He started laughing and took a sip and sighed thinking about the bittersweet meaning. //I love Sam, she's so pretty and so wonderfully smart, and i'm just a dag of an old man.// He moaned and hung his head. //I wish Sam would love me, at least I know Sam wouldn't trade me for another man, a.k.a toy boy. Or would she? Mabye no one loves me, who would?// Jack took a sip and sighed.

"So what are we drowning our sorrows about?" Sam asked, taking a gulp, bringing Jack out of his little black hole of bad thoughts.

"Women!" Jack admitted sadly. //Damn women, I hate them, no I love some. I love Sam, Janets cool even though she sticks needles in my ass, Cassie will be a woman some day, hopefully she'll turn out like Sam all pretty and sweet and guys will drool and...// Jack made a mental reminder to have a talk to Cassie about teenage boys.

"Oh." Sam said nodding agreeing. "Lemme guess, all women suck, they are evil, manipulated SOB that feed off mind games?" She paused and grinned. "And all women must be considered hazardous to your health?" Sam finshed grinning as Jack laughed whole heartedly and they clinked beers.

"Damn straight!" Jack commented and took another sip, letting it roll down his throat. "How'd you become such an expert?" //Yeah, how'd you come to know me so damn well?// He thought secretly watching the way the moonlight cast highlights through Sam's head and the silver seem to glide through effortlessly. //Damn the women's a Goddess, I can't believe how much I've missed just sitting and looking at her.....what ever did I do in Endora to drag me from this?//

Sam shrugged. "Been around the block a couple of times, had a little experience." She grinned and looked at him. "Besides men who arn't even a quater as plastered as you tell me." She handed him the pizza box and he hungrily took one. "Here get that into you. Good food, makes all your probs go away. Trust me."

Jack laughed between bites and grinned. "You know for a scientist your pretty smart."

Sam smiled. "I should hope so to keep up with the likes of Jack O'Neill." Sam joked waggling her eye brows for effect. Jack smiled and patted her arm, sighing and looking up at the stars. "So." Sam said brightly. "Should we bitch about them or burn things?"

Jack looked at her confused and slightly amused. "Burn things?"

Sam shrugged casually. "Yeah, everybody feels better after they burn things. Why do you think women burned their bras?" Sam asked, watching Jack shake his head in silent laughter.

"Sam, you are too much." Jack commented. //Man I would love to watch her burn her bra, and mabye...JACK! Stay on track, who know's when another Urgo can show up and ruin things!//

Sam grinned. "You know I do try." She sighed as she handed him another pizza and flicked away her empty beer bottle. "Shoulda brought dequilla, it's gonna take us ages to get drunk." She smiled and looked up at Jack. "Well I guess your ahead of me anyways." Jack smiled and they sat in comfortable silence, until Sam spoke up. "Hey you think we can see what the neighbors a block away are doing with this thing?" Sam asked mentioning to the telescope.

Jack grinned and shook his head, glad that she was here cheering him up. "Well?" He asked, seeing her with her eyes closed and leaning back. She looked so enticing in front of him, her fatigue shirt undone just enough to give him a peak at the tanned flesh beneath. He didn't know whether it was the alchol talking, but he sudddenly had the urge to remove the ugly fatigues and ravish her. Jack bit his lip and scolded himself, listening to her as she talked.

"Well what?" Sam asked, not opening her eyes.

"Arn't you going to say 'do you want to talk about it'?" He asked, expectantly.

Sam raised her eyebrows. "Do you?"

"No"

"Than we wont." Sam said simply picking up another piece of pizza, knowing damn well he was eager to tell her.

"Your good." Jack admitted smilingly. "Alright i'll tell you but only because I know your dying to ask me."

Sam rolled her eyes and nodded. "Of course." Sam assured him. Jack was quiet for a moment trying to decided where to start. Sam groaned and let out a breath. "You feel betrayed and used because all she wanted was a baby." She grunted and looked at him. "Are you sure your a male? Casue I think you go your wires crossed." Sam teased.

Jack shook his head and hit her playfully. " I dunno, I guess I thought when you ask for a baby, your asking for something more as well. I thought she really, really cared for me, like she wanted me just because, not because of sex or anything."

Jack sighed and Sam patted his arm. "If you look hard enough, you might find people care more than they let on."

Jack smiled and turned to her. "Do you care?"



* * * * * * *



Sam huffed and shrugged. "Totally, I mean not just you my CO or I could get my butt kicked, or the fact you have a really, really nice house, and hey if you die can I have your c.d player?" Sam kidded. Jack laughed and pulled her into a hug.

Sam smiled and hugged him back. "Seriously, Yeah. So do the guys and everyone at the SGC. Your a big part of our lives and we'd be lost with out you. "Sam grinned and playfully scratched her head. "Or maybe it's because we get lost *with* you...."

Jack cutt her off by tickling her and she grinned and nudged him. "Thanks Sam." Jack said seriously. "Thanks for being here. I guess I never really realised how much you guys mean to me as well. I mean I keep treating you guys like garbage, yet you all put up with it and still care." He smiled sadly and wiped a strange of hair from her face. "I don't know what I did do deserve you guys. Just....thankyou." He said and hugged her.

Sam smiled and fought back the tears. She winked. "How many of them beers have you had Sir? You getting all softy on me? But don't worry you reputation is safe with me." Sam kidded, knowing deep down that she was running away, but thought that she would rather hear him say this when he wasn't so drunk.

Jack grinned and tossing her hair and nodded. Sam pulled the blanket up and they sat curled under it and watched the stars. As the night wore on they talked and laughed about their past and admitted things that neither had ever told anyone and they didn't realised how long they'd been there until the sun peaked out from over the hills. Sam smiled and realished in the fact that his arms where still around her and that her head was dropped on his shoulder. Neither one knew when they feel asleep, but where startled awake when Daniel poked his head over the balcony and called up to them.

Jack looked at his watch and smiled. "It's 3:30pm." He said grinning.

Sam giggled. "We're the biggest set of party animals there is." Sam joked and pulled him to his feet, stepping over the sea of empty beer bottles and pizza boxes, they made there way to the side of the roof and started climbing down the ladder.

Sam was the first one to reach the bottom and Daniel gave her a concerned look when he noticed she was in the same clothes as yesterday and they where slightly wrinkled, and she reeked of beer. "Sam." Daniel started. "What have you been up to?" His voice slightly high pitched.

Sam laughed and watched as Jack narrowly missed the last leg of the ladder and almost fell the rest of the way. He shot her a joking glare and carefully climbed down. Sam looked at Daniel and saw his face drawn with concern. "Daniel, it's ok, I came to cheer him up, and well fell asleep."

Daniel gave her the look that said he wasn't happy, but sighed. "If you say so."

Just then Jack came up to them and greeted Daniel. "Sam, you can take the shower first."

Sam pulled a look of mock offended. "What are you trying to say?"

Jack grinned. "That you stink. You know where the towels are right?"

Sam smiled and pushed him out of the way. "Oh, I'm cutt. Really I am sir, but I better get to know my way around right, since you know...." Sam linger and disaperd inside leaving a spluttering Daniel and a grinning Jack.

"But...she said you didn't....and...look I know your upset yesterday..." Daniel started in outrage. He didn't know where to start, but he was angry at his two friends.

Jack gave Daniel a look of confusion. "Space monkey what *are* you going on about?" He mentioned to Sam grabbing a towel out of the Cubourd. "We joked last night that she could have my house when I die and she said it wouldn't be much longer and when could she move her stuff in." Jack patted Daniel on the shoulderblades and pulled him into the house. "Relax Daniel, we're not sleeping together."

Daniel nodded. "Sorry I just....and you..and she....oh you two are going to be the death of me." Daniel said despairingly and flopped onto the couch beside Teal'c. Teal'c said his hello and they sat around watching t.v. while Sam had her shower.

She re emerged a little while later smelling of soap and her hair still wet. She smiled brightly at them and flopped down onto the couch while Jack got up to use the shower next. He smiled when he walked in as the smell of Carter flowed around him. He grinned to himself in the fogged up mirror, praying that she had left some hot water.

Showering he felt a tingle course through him as he imagined a certain major soaping with the same soap as he was using to rub his body with. Shaking his head, Jack berated himself for having such teenage boy fantasying and changed to warmth of the water to cold.

Turning the water off, Jack dried off and then prepared himself for the long weekend of downtime they had ahead of him. First thing was first, to do something special for Sam to thank her for cheering him up last night. Jack felt his stomach swell in happiness, he couldn't remember the last time he felt so buzzed after spending a night staying up and just talking. She hadn't naged, nor had she berated him for being himself, she simply just listened and laughed along with some really bad jokes. Infact the more Jack thought about it the more he remembered the cabin he had in the hills. //Mabye I should ask her?// Jack wondered.

"Maybe." He mumbled outloud shaking his head and grimancing at his used toothbrush. He grinned as he looked at the smiley face drawn on the mirror. "Brat." He mumbled smirking.



* * * * * * * *



"See ya guys!" Daniel called later on that night as he left with Teal'c. Jack looked up from stoking the fireplace and waved. Sam, who was laying comfortably on the couch, spread out with not a care to the world, took another sip of her beer. She knew that she was going to regret it in the morning as she was going to have a side splitting headache, but she didn't care, let tomorrow be what it wants. She thought.

Sam smirked."Nice ass." Sam said before she realised what she was saying. Jack looked up from being bent over by the fire and shot her a look.

"I'll have you know it takes a lot of work, not everyone can be as wobble free as you." Jack said, knowing he was entering dangerous grounds with this conversation, but he didn't care much, which suprised him.

"Ha!" Sam grunted and placed her empty beer on the floor. "You want another?" She asked. Jack nodded and laughed as she added extra emphasis on her ass as she walked towards the kitchen. She came back later with a tub of ice cream and two beers.

Jack laughed as she extened a spoon to him and plonked down beside him by the fire. "I thought you where cold, that's why I started the fire."

Sam shrugged and took a spoonful of ice cream. "Mnnn, now i'm hot."

"Hot for me?" He ask leeringly, half expecting her to hit him. He was surprised when she leveled a spoonful of ice cream to his nose.

"Baby, you have no idea."

Jack grinned and picked up a spoonful and fired it back. Sam let out a squel and scootted back. Holding her spoon she sent one back to him and laughed as it hit him dead in the forehead. "Right that's it!" He cried and fired another shot at her, but it narrowly missed and Sam jumped to her feet scrambling over the lounge to get away.

Not giving up Jack lurged after her and caught her as she ran into the bedroom. Tackling her, Sam squeled as he brought her down and opened his palm to realease a blob of ice cream onto her face. "Gross!" Sam screamed and spat it away from her mouth. Jack laughed victoriously, but cried out when she flipped them and rolled him onto his back. Sam pinned his hands down and then picked up the blob of the floor and squished it into his face.

"Sam!" Jack cried out discusted and tried to sqirm out of the way.

Sam grinned and straddled his thighs. "Your side arm again Sir?" She asked jokingly as he tried to wiggle away. Before she could react Jack reached up to his dresser and pulled down the cup of water over her head, making her cry out.

"Is it cold, or are you just happy to see me Major?" Jack quipped as her shirt when see through. He rolled them and shook his fists in the air in defeat. "Ha, I win!" He cried out.

"Oh yeah?" Sam said laughing.

"Yeah."

"Well then," Sam said grinning evily, "I better give you a victory kiss." wrapping her arm around his neck.

"You better." Jack agreed lowering his head down, her lips capured his and they met in a dueling responce. Jack moaned as he felt himself lost within her as her cold fingers undid his shirt from his pants. Sam pulled away for a brief second only so she could roll them and he grinned. Jack let out a groan as she rested her knee between his legs so as they moved it would just touch, causing a friction between the jeans.

Kissing her hungrily, he left a trail down her neck and eagerly pulled off the damp shirt. It fell to the ground with a thud, and Sam shivered as he ran his cold hands down her back. Jack smiled, feeling his head buzz with happiness and began to explore every inch of her skin.

"Jack." Sam gasped as he ran his fingers down her ass and settle between her things.

"Sam..." He whispered into her neck as they rolled again and Sam stradled his thighs again. He didn't disobey as she pulled his shirt off his cheast and she lowered herself back over him.Jack reached out to run his hands down her body, when she moved his hands to above his head. Kissing him hungrily, Jack groaned and his hips responded in rising up wards.

"Jack! Hey Jack!" Sam let out a giggle and groaned into his mouth as they heard Daniel calling out to them. But before Jack had a chance to get up Daniel appeared at the door way and looked like a deer frozen in the headlight. "Oh...God....I am....so.....ummm..you .....shit." Daniel splutterd.

"Daniel wait!" Jack called out as Sam rolled off Jack giggling and straightning her shirt. Jack looked at Sam and then turned to her and kissed her. "Don't go *anywhere*. I'll be back." He growled and jumped to his feet. Sam covered her mouth to giggle and listened as Jack hurridly tried to explain to Daniel. Sam yawned and climbed up onto of the bed, snuggling into the soft blankets as the smell of Jack conshumed her senses.



* * * * * * * *



After begging and pleading with Daniel for almost an hour to not tell the General, Jack came trudging into his bed room. What he saw there made him smile. Sam lay curled up fast asleep on his bed with only her jeans on, her exposed back elicting a soft groan from within him.

"Typical."

Jack muttered and climbed onto the bed. Reaching over her, he pulled the large feather quilt down and laid it over them. Sam let out a soft sigh and stretched, opening one eye briefly, before smiling sleepily and moving to curl up to him. Jack smiled and kissed the top of her forehead, before winding his arms around her and closing his eyes.

For a while he just lay there, strocking her bare back with his fingers and watching her head rise and fall on his cheast. He smiled and kissed the top of her head before he closed his eyes and went to sleep, thinking of all the things he could do in the morning, and who he could do them with.



* * * * * *

THE END?