samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: htsk8rchik@hotmail.com

Acknowledgements: None of the Stargate Characters belong to me, yadda yadda yadda. If Jack belonged to me.well that's a DIFFERENT story! //Wipes drool from mouth// huge hugs and love to Sarah (sob) who beta'd this fic for me! Thanks Hun! Love ya!

Archive: SJD yes, anyone else wants it can have it.. just ask and keep my name at the top of. Thanks!

Spoilers: 100 days

Season: Anytime after Sam becomes a Major but before Daniel ascends!

This is my first ever fan fic.awwwwww.. I'm getting quite emotional now! Anyway I hope you enjoy it. Send me feedback, constructive criticism is welcome but any thing else you can keep to yourselves! Nothing nice to say then please don't say it! Thanks to everyone who has ever posted a fic on the website and lists cos its thanks to you guys I wrote this! Keep inspiring me!!!! Anyway enough from me. Here we go!


She stands alone. Alone, in her scalding shower. The water making her pale skin crimson. She allows the water to cascade freely over her face washing away the old tears and allowing the water to cover new ones. She closes her eyes and sees him. She blinks the image of him away and reaches for her shampoo. Cinnamon. Cinnamon, brown, chocolate brown. A sob is released, realizing it came from her own throat; she lets the sobs escape freely. He had died. He had died and she hadn't being there

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

He lay there, on his couch, thinking. Thinking of her, having thoughts he shouldn't have, feeling things he shouldn't feel. She is incredible, amazing, one of a kind, she blows his mind. Telling the truth is easier said then done, especially to yourself.

A knock on his door pulled him back to reality. A reality in which he was alone. He slowly rose off the couch and his bare feet padded across the floor. The knocking became more persistent.

"Oh for crying out loud. I'm coming."

Jack opened the door, greeted by a drenched to the flesh, Carter.

"Jesus Carter, what are you doing.come in."

Sam gratefully accepted his offer and entered the warm hall. Jack had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed it had began raining.

"Go sit down, make yourself at home. I'll get you a towel."

She sat down as told to and eased herself into the couch, his couch, and his smell on the couch. She inhaled his scent deeply, and was sent into a spiral of need and wanting.

"CARTER! Jeez, where did you go?"

Sam lost in thought had failed to notice Jack was stood there offering her a towel. She took the towel from him and begin to dry her hair.

"Just thinking of all the work I'll probably have to do!"

"So watcha doing up here anyway?"

"I was coming past so I thought I'd call in."

`Shit! He knew I was visiting my brother in San Francisco'

"Erm, Daniel called while I was on vacation and said you weren't too good. So I figured I may as well come and find out if your ok or if you needed anything?"

Sam hoped she had sounded genuine; it was true Daniel had called her, but more than anything, she had wanted to see Jack. She had missed him terribly while she was away.

`God, Sam the only thing I want is you, then and only then would I be ok' Jack thought to himself.

"Colonel? Are you alright?"

"Yep just a cold, nothing serious! So how come you're so wet?"

"My car broke down and I had to walk up." Sam stated but really she was glad the car had broken down, she had time to lose herself in her thoughts.

"So..?"

"Erm could I use your phone to call a tow truck, it won't take too long to come and I'll be out of your hair."

"Sure go for it but you really should get out of those clothes ASAP."

`Damn it! I hope she doesn't think I'm coming onto her.'

". You'll get sick otherwise."

`Phew, well done Jack, got yourself out if that awkward situation'

"I have nothing with me to put on!"

`Well this could get interesting' Jack thought to himself as he let his desire overrule his rational thoughts.

"You could always lend something of mine while your clothes dry out. Do you want to get in the shower and I'll get something for you to wear?"

"Thanks Sir that would be great." She sent him one of "his" smiles the one that makes her face glow and her eyes light up.

"Well you better get in the shower cos the last thing I want is missing that *really* fun mission to P3X 969 with all those fascinating trees!"

Sam giggled at him.

"Hey no giggling Major. What have I told you about giggling?" he said to her in a mock anger.

"Yes Colonel, SIR" She whipped a hasty salute and quick marched to the bathroom.

`God I love her. I love her so much' Jack grinned to himself as he went into his bedroom and found her a pair of his sweats and a t- shirt. He laid them on the bed and went into his kitchen.

In the kitchen, he began to make some coffee, and ordered a pizza. He reached for the beer, but changed his mind, realising that could land him in MAJOR trouble if he or Sam had too much to drink. He began to hum a tune to himself, as there was another knock at his door.

This time he knew who it would be and picked up his wallet. He paid for the pizza and closed the door.

"Hey Carter, Come and get it! Dinners here!"

Sam shyly left Jack's bedroom. She felt strange, in his house in his clothes. `God I love him!' she thought to herself as she made her way to the kitchen. Jack had set the table, lit some candles and had the C.D player playing Des'ree "Kissing You". She loved that song, how did he know?

"Pride can stand a thousand trials, The strong will never fall"

`We're strong, we'd never fall' Jack thought to himself

"Heaving heart is full of pain"

` I need him my heart aches to be away from him'

Without realising, they had become to move closer and closer.

" Cos I'm kissing you
I'm kissing you
Touch me deep,
Pure and True."

They moved even closer, foreheads touching, as they declared their love for each other and kissed.

Jack knew this was coming, he had known for a long time, he had loved her since the first time he met her. Her feisty attitude had attracted him to her. Sam also knew that she could never deny her feelings forever, his sarcasm, his warmth that he only shared with her, the fact he was gorgeous, his eyes, chocolate brown had attracted her to him.

They went to the couch, and began to kiss again. The kiss deepened to a burning passion they both felt deep inside their souls. The were a pair of "star crossed lovers" they wanted each other but the frat.regs always had and always would prevent them from declaring their love for each other.

"Sir.Jack, if we get caught we'll both be put on court-marshal, we're breaking every frat.reg in the book."

"Do you love me?"

"What? Of course I have since the first day I met you, when you were missing for three months with Laira, I realised, I guess deep down I always have and always will love you until the day I die."

"Well, I feel the same. Why can't we be together, I'll resign if I have to, I love you too much to loose you, I never loved Sara as much as I love you."

"What if it doesn't work out though? What if we split up and hate each other. We can't do that to Daniel and Te'alc. It would ruin our careers."

"Sam I don't care. Don't you get it? I LOVE YOU!"

Sam couldn't think an answer to that. He loved her, he'd felt the same as she did?

They began to kiss this time each having the self satisfaction of knowing they loved each other and nothing could stand in their way, nothing that they couldn't stand against, together.

The moved together to the bedroom, clothes falling at random intervals. They slipped between the cool sheets and made love, they consummated their love for each other. They fell asleep in each other's arms, satisfied and not caring what would happen to them.

The next day, Sam and Jack hung out like old friends, new lovers learning about each other.

Jack had a call from General Hammond. Daniel had caught a gastric flu bug from a member of SG-4 while he had being on a mission to P3X 767 and down time had being extended until the beginning of the following week.

A tow truck came and took Sam and her car away, but they had arranged a date that night at a restaurant in town.

They saw each other almost every day while they were both on down time.

Sam dreaded going back to work, knowing she would have to act as though Jack was her Colonel and not her lover. She knew she would hate being with him and not being able to shout out to the world he was with her.

THREE DAYS EARLIER

Daniel, unfortunately for Jack and Sam was better. Their briefing was at 9am that day.

"Major Carter, the Pentagon have requested you go to D.C and help work a piece of technology SG-7 bought back a few months ago, so I am afraid you'll have to miss the mission to P3X 969."

"Yes Sir. Shall I stay for the briefing?"

"Its not necessary Major, though you can do if you wish."

"If you don't mind Sirs, I'll go study my notes on the technology before I leave for D.C."

"Major" Jack said as she left

"Sir?"

"Have fun. Cos I'm sure I will you know, all those interesting trees!"

"Yes Sir I will Sir!" she said giving him one of *his* smiles.

SG-1 minus Major Carter stepped through the `gate, on that terrible day. Jack was the happiest he had being in a long time. He had spoken to Sam an hour before he left to check she was having fun.

As they emerged through the gate Jack said, "Wow! Tree's like we don't have any back home!"

"Ah Jack come on don't spoil it! There could be loads of interesting artefacts, we have only scratched the surface!"

"O' Neill, I have a strange feeling. Something is not right." Te'alc said.

"It's probably the tree's, they do that to me too!"

Daniel shot a glance at Jack, `oh if looks could kill' Jack mused to himself.

"O' Neill, I hear movement."

"Right Danny, dial us up."

Daniel complied as the first attack took place. The wormhole burst fourth.

"Danny, Te'alc, go through, I'll lay down cover fire for you."

"No Jack, I'm not leaving you here."

"Danny just go would you, I'll be through, just a minute after you."

Daniel and Te'alc entered the gate and left Jack alone, fighting the natives.

`This is why I hate tree's so many of them, you don't see an attack until its too late!'

Lost in concentration, trying to keep the enemy at bay, he didn't notice a large native behind him until it was too late. He had being shot, through his heart. He felt weightless as this large man picked him up like a GI Joe and threw him through the stargate. He hit the ramp.

"Medical Team to the embarkation room" Jack heard Hammond shout over the tannoy.

Daniel leant at the side of him.

"Jack you're gonna be ok, you're not going to die." His emotion got the better of him and he could do nothing but fight back the tears.

"Danny, tell Sam I love her. Tell her she's made my world beautiful, if only for a few days."

"You can tell her yourself you're gonna make it"

"If I don't, promise me, please, promise me you'll tell her. If I don't make it you also have to promise to look after her, she'll need you"

"I promise Jack."

Hearing that, Jack died, on the cold metal ramp. His heart satisfied that his best friend would look after his girl.

Daniel called Sam and said she was needed urgently at the SGC, he couldn't tell her over the phone, he couldn't do that to her.

Sam entered the commissary, smiling. She saw Daniel, his face tear stained.

"Daniel what happened?" she didn't have to ask, she in a way knew.

"It's Jack. He died. He was killed by one of the natives on P3X 969. I'm so sorry. He wanted me to tell you he loves you and that you have made his world beautiful even for only a few days."

Sam unable to keep her emotion bottled up ran to her quarters and lay on her bed and cried. `Why Jack, why. Why did I have to go to the Pentagon, if only I had being their, I could have saved him.'

She was in turmoil as a soft knock was rapped on the door. It was Daniel no doubt.

She slowly went to the door and let him in. He held her and she cried she let out all her emotion, her sorrow of only being with her lover for a few days before he had being taken from her.

She left and went to the shower rooms. Once she had showered she held her stomach protectively and spoke to it. "Your daddy loved me so much, I wanted you to know him but you can't, I'm gonna make sure you understand how much he would love both of us."

Sam had that day found out she was pregnant. She was excited to see Jack and tell him, but now, she would have to face this alone. She couldn't allow her loss and pain to rule her, or she would lose her baby, their baby, the only thing she had left of Jack.

The End???



End Notes: Please be kind with your feedback! This is my first fic! I am hoping if I get a good response from this fic to write a sequel, which may involve an AU Jack!