samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: majorsallymurphy@yahoo.com

Spoilers: None.

Season/sequel: Season six.

Archive: Sam/Jack archive, Helio, Carterfic, Amanda/Sam, Gateworld.

Author's notes: This is short and sweet - a ficlet. Just a reunion scene between our lovely couple after Jack got lost again, and with Sam's help, was found.


She saw him for the first time in six weeks. Here he stood, staring at her with his patented boyish grin. She wished she could return the smile, but six weeks, fifteen hours, and forty-five minutes of hell prevented her from faking it.

She came slowly to him, and as he saw the seriousness of her statement, his smile slowly disappeared. By the time she arrived in front of him, his smile was gone.

"Carter..."

Her hand came slowly to his face, barely touching his cheek. She stared at him, almost caressing his face until his skin tingled. Gradually she moved towards him until her face was buried in his neck, her arms slowly coming up to enfold him against her. On instinct, he enclosed his arms around her, bringing her tighter against him.

He felt her shiver and groan.

"Carter, I can imagine how hard this must have been, but..."

He felt her hands move up his back, grasping his shirt tightly.

"Oh, god, I love you," she whispered.

His hands moved up to embrace her head, holding her face close against his.

"I'm here, Carter," he breathed.

"Don't do this to me again."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

He pulled back, reaching up and softly wiping a tear from her cheek.

"You won't lose me, I promise."

Her breath convulsed, returning her body to his embrace.

"I love you."

His arms tightened.

"I love you too. I always have."

Her hands caressed his back, his shoulders, his neck, desperately trying to bring him as close to her as humanly possible without molding his DNA to hers.

"I always will, Jack."